Author Topic: we will never be this close to a final 4 again  (Read 9207 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: we will never be this close to a final 4 again
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 07:03:14 PM »
The fact that we got close this year really isn't a reason to meltdown.  I'm dumbfounded by it.   :users:

Hey, I said that earlier and you were all mean about it.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 07:04:15 PM »
Agreed.  KSU beat themselves.  It hurts to beat yourself(haha expect a sex joke from this) when you got the opportunity to be 1 step away from a national title game.

butler beat ksu.  give credit where it's due.  their defense was amazing.

We played like dogshit more than they played well. 

A little of both.  They kept Denis and Jake out of it, and our bigs pissed down their legs.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 07:04:34 PM »
The fact that we got close this year really isn't a reason to meltdown.  I'm dumbfounded by it.   :users:

You wait until we lose you dumbshit.  You want to win until you don't.   :jerk:

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »
Butler had obviously done some great tape work.  They were all over the play where Jake curls off a screen at the FT line.  Always had an extra guy there with his hand right where Jake was going to catch and hold the ball.  Caused several turnovers, IIRC.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »
The fact that we got close this year really isn't a reason to meltdown.  I'm dumbfounded by it.   :users:

You wait until we lose you dumbshit.  You want to win until you don't.   :jerk:

You know who's dumb? Fans who think they have an impact on the game.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 07:11:06 PM »
The fact that we got close this year really isn't a reason to meltdown.  I'm dumbfounded by it.   :users:

You wait until we lose you dumbshit.  You want to win until you don't.   :jerk:

You know who's dumb? Fans who think they have an impact on the game.

I agree 100%

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 08:50:17 PM »

I don't think there would be a meltdown if we had lost by 20.  Or played Syracuse and lost. 

Personally, I'm not melting down.  I just have a very heavy heart because I hate to see an opportunity like today to do something very special that could have occurred if just one or two of multiple factors would have been just a little more in our favor.

Yep.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »
Butler whipped K-State's ass, just admit it.   They had a better gameplan, they executed and they played great defense.   Their good defense, and our head down dribbling guards ensured that we couldn't close the deal when we forced their turnovers.

Can't let you pass this off as fact, you haven't watched 5 minutes of Butler Basketball before this weekend.  Stop acting like Stevens game planned Frank, they did exactly what they have done all year, they didn't show a damn thing different.  With less than a 48 hour turnaround it just isn't possible to X & O your way to a victory.  This is one of the dumbest, most inaccurate talking point ever.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2010, 09:11:37 PM »
What's dumbfounding is that we're paying an assistant coach $420 fracking thousand dollars a year, and he hasn't recruited anybody at all lately . . . that's what's fracking dumbfounding.

Didn't he bring in Judge and McGruder?

:confused:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2010, 09:12:23 PM »
What's dumbfounding is that we're paying an assistant coach $420 fracking thousand dollars a year, and he hasn't recruited anybody at all lately . . . that's what's fracking dumbfounding.

Dax needs 2 5*s every year to approve.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2010, 09:31:30 PM »
Butler whipped K-State's ass, just admit it.   They had a better gameplan, they executed and they played great defense.   Their good defense, and our head down dribbling guards ensured that we couldn't close the deal when we forced their turnovers.

Kstate was fatigued. They showed it the moment the ball was tipped.

They couldn't whip Ksu's ass since Ksu was too busy dragging its own ass on the floor.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 09:35:19 PM »

Kstate was fatigued. They showed it the moment the ball was tipped.

They couldn't whip Ksu's ass since Ksu was too busy dragging its own ass on the floor.

QFT

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »

I don't think there would be a meltdown if we had lost by 20.  Or played Syracuse and lost. 

Personally, I'm not melting down.  I just have a very heavy heart because I hate to see an opportunity like today to do something very special that could have occurred if just one or two of multiple factors would have been just a little more in our favor.

Yep.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »
Shut the hell up! We will be a better team next year.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2010, 09:51:32 PM »
You gotta be kidding me. This team maxed out. Did you just see Kentucky get theirs?  They're not going to be EE next year.

Offline 1992

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2010, 09:53:10 PM »
and ur a dumbass if you think otherwise

Go.  And.  Die.   :blindfold:
Go to hell, Texas

catzacker

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2010, 02:48:17 PM »
You were a dumbass if you thought we'd be this close this year.  Not sure what that means.  :dunno:

yeah, I don't get it.  it sucks because we would have faced a very beatable team to get to the championship, but I mean, to think that we'll never get to an elite 8 game is stupid.  prolly be tougher cause we might not have a 2 seed, but, like, there just look at our side of the bracket, there were 5's and 6's playing. 

and quite honestly, next year, I hope we win the conference much more than make an elite 8 run.  sounds stupid, but I'd like some hardware.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2010, 02:57:39 PM »

well they did commit before Beasley played a minute at KSU
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010, 05:07:50 PM »
You were a dumbass if you thought we'd be this close this year.  Not sure what that means.  :dunno:

yeah, I don't get it.  it sucks because we would have faced a very beatable team to get to the championship, but I mean, to think that we'll never get to an elite 8 game is stupid.  prolly be tougher cause we might not have a 2 seed, but, like, there just look at our side of the bracket, there were 5's and 6's playing.  

and quite honestly, next year, I hope we win the conference much more than make an elite 8 run.  sounds stupid, but I'd like some hardware.

You're less likely to be disappointed then.  I think a conference title is much likelier than a deep tournament run, given our gigantic gaping hole at point guard but a lack of quality/experience in the Big 12 to exploit that fact.

Saying we'll never be in this position again is flat-out stupid as hell, unless you're one of those 2012 weirdos or something.  If that's the case, at least I can respect you as a nutbar.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:09:34 PM by weird roberts foam finger »
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »

I disagree. Losing Clemente is huge. Unless, Judge or Irving improve drastically on offense, or Asprilla becomes an absolute beast, I don't see us being better.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »

I disagree. Losing Clemente is huge. Unless, Judge or Irving improve drastically on offense, or Asprilla becomes an absolute beast, I don't see us being better.

We get better at every position but PG.  That is good.

Offline lmfergu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »
I really hate when people make the comment that we always have next year or that we will be better.  No time is ever better than the present.  Will we ever be this close to a final 4 again?  I don't know.  That statement if very likely.  The fact is we were close and you have to take advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself.  Nothing in the future is ever guaranteed.  Just because we have a lot of players coming back guarantees nothing.  The chemistry this team had was special.  We can only hope they find that connection next year.  WE WILL MISS CLEMENTE MORE THAN ANYONE KNOWS!  He was our heart and sole, he lived, ate, and slept basketball.  He may not have been perfect but he bailed us out with big hoops time and time again.  He was the one guy that could create his own shot and get to the rim.  He will be greatly missed.  I remember thinking that after we won the Big 12 FB Championship in '03 that our program would only get better and so would the recruits.  Look what happened.  However, the future for BBall does look bright.  As a KState fan let us be competitive for Big 12 titles and get to the tourney every year and I'll take it.  This was a great ride and you never know what can happen.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 07:56:33 PM »

Point guard is the most important position on the court.  Clemente will be a huge loss for K-State.  I'm not sure you guys realize how many times he manufactured something out of nothing for K-State's offense.  The guy hit clutch shot after clutch shot.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 07:57:11 PM »

True....and if Jake move to point and McGruds steps it up at the 2, we'll be fine there as well.  Just wish we would have zoned Butler after we got back in the game.  They were killing us inside on wide open layups, and finished us off the same way.  After 35 minutes of that, I would have at least tried it.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 09:49:01 PM »
Don't see Jake at point, McG at 2. In all likelihood it'll be Irving at PG with Russell filling Irving's role off the bench.
That would be step down from Denis in transition, outside shooting and shot creation. There could be improvement in defense where Irving shows signs of being something special. 

As I posted elsewhere, I wish we would have won the recruiting war for Marcus Denmon.