Author Topic: 'skrs, clones, horns, hawks; post best meltdowns here  (Read 9812 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: 'skrs, clones, horns, hawks; post best meltdowns here
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
clones don't think they're going to win a game all season

They'll beat KU.

Only because it's in Ames.  I'd have my money on KU if the game was in Lawrence.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 03:40:35 PM »
As I sit here this beautiful Sunday morning, I am angry.

Not at Weis, whose play calling can only be termed bizarre.
Not at Mundine and company for their drops.
Not at Heaps.
Not at Zenger.

My anger is directed only at me.  I am an old Jayhawk.  I should know better, but I followed the reporting of Tait and company.  This year the Hawks look like football players.  Holsopple has them in shape.  They can play four quarters.  This year we have a quarterback that can pass.  This year is going to be different.

Nah, same stuff.  Despite a valiant effort by our defense, and a tip of the hat to Heeney, this was vintage KU football.  No imagination on offense, poor execution, and a total lack of consistency.  Nothing was new.  This was precisely how you go about losing football games.

I so hoped this would be the year we turn the corner toward respectabilty.  Dammit...I allowed myself to believe.  I should have known better.

:frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
Tough times on ShaggyBevo. :sdeek:

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2013, 03:51:05 PM »
I love that they call him CPR.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 05:58:44 PM »
As I sit here this beautiful Sunday morning, I am angry.

Not at Weis, whose play calling can only be termed bizarre.
Not at Mundine and company for their drops.
Not at Heaps.
Not at Zenger.

My anger is directed only at me.  I am an old Jayhawk.  I should know better, but I followed the reporting of Tait and company.  This year the Hawks look like football players.  Holsopple has them in shape.  They can play four quarters.  This year we have a quarterback that can pass.  This year is going to be different.

Nah, same stuff.  Despite a valiant effort by our defense, and a tip of the hat to Heeney, this was vintage KU football.  No imagination on offense, poor execution, and a total lack of consistency.  Nothing was new.  This was precisely how you go about losing football games.

I so hoped this would be the year we turn the corner toward respectabilty.  Dammit...I allowed myself to believe.  I should have known better.

:frown:

If I were a KU fan, I'd hunt Tait down and kick him in the balls.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2013, 06:25:47 PM »
Why any KU fan would listen to what Matt Tait says is laughable.  He's just a goofy cheerleader with a press pass and inside access.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »
I love that they call him CPR.

cardiac 'clones

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
Why any KU fan would listen to what Matt Tait says is laughable.  He's just a goofy cheerleader with a press pass and inside access.

as is every other reporter...
everyone is jealous

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2013, 07:18:07 PM »
Guys, I'm really scared. My meltdown was nowhere near my normal stuff.

Apathy may be settling in... something I never, ever thought would happen.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »
james franklin at UT would be a great fit

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 07:48:15 PM »
james franklin at UT would be a great fit
I really don't like James Franklin.  Good coach, though.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
Hiring a new coach is very risky
The only thing with regards to our staff that I feel strongly about is that something must change. I don't know if that is Bo and everyone or Bo making a staff overhaul. The rest of the season will give us that answer. But stop for a second and think about all the head coaches out there who at one time were "rising stars" or "great hires" and are now nowhere to be found or simply medicore at best. I'll rattle off a few to ponder just off the top off my head:

Mark Dantonio Michigan State
How many coaches did Alabama go thru before Saban
Lane Kiffin
At one point Charlie Weiss and Ty Willingham looked like great hires at ND
Todd Grahm at Arizona State. He had a few good years at Tulsa, went to Pitt now ASU. He's nothing special
Rich Rodriguez
Ron Prince... beat Texas a few times and was considered a rising star
Dan Hawkins... success at Boise, seemed like a good hire by Colorado
Randy Edsall, Maryland. He had success at Connecticut, was a coveted coach and now nothing special.
Any Stoops brother not named Bob.
Jim Leavitt, South Florida. Remember him? Took them from 1-AA to a couple 9 win seasons and everone couldn't stop gushing over what a great coach he was.

There are surely others who have succeeded. But my point is simply firing Bo doesn't automaticaly mean you will hire another guy who can come in and win 10 games or a conference championship. The wrong hire would be devistating.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 08:12:10 PM »
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Wow.... Wow..... WOW!

What has become of our program? At what point did we lose what we used to be? At what point did we become a team that was toilet paper for equally talented opponents? Today left me feeling something I've never felt before, I can't even put it into words, but disgust, embarrassed, fed up, bewildered are probably the closest to pegging the feeling. I think it's obvious that this ship needs a new captain. Bo has proven he's in over his head here, he's not getting it done. It's great he's winning 9-10 games a year, and honestly for someone else, that's encouraging. Get a guy with a real plan, with a real idea, with a tangible process that's proven to be successful, and bring him in and say "look, you can win here, you can be successful, you can take this program anywhere you desire, and that includes the top." Why? Because we have a coach who is winging it, and winning quite a few games. And for those that say "you can't fire a coach winning 9 games a year." Firstly, I used to say that, but secondly we wouldn't be firing a coach winning 9 games, we'd be firing a coach who is getting his doors blown off. Everyone look at his last 5 games stats. I don't care who the opponents are, those are staggering numbers. Those are video game-15 minute quarter-rookie setting stats.

This whole week people argued the impact of this game. Some didn't think it was that big, some did, some didn't care, but know this, this game took the collective winds out of husker nation. Not everyone feels this way, some will say we'll be ok, and we will be, but it won't be under this staff how its comprised today. JP has to go, period. I don't care if Bo is calling the plays, firing JP tells us he is dong what needs to be done to right the ship. When your company isn't running well, you fire your managers, then you fire their managers, and finally you fire the president/CEO. We are at that point, manager(s) need to be fired. If BO wants to fix something, start with bringing in a coordinator who has prior experience. Stoops, Zook to name a couple. Bring in someone with a different scheme, grab a case of beer, spend an all nighter and compare notes, collaborate, come up with something, implement it and see what happens. But as it stands our defense is stinking up the place.

About the game, I'm speechless, I don't get how your back breaks, up by 18 mind you, on one big play. How the hell do you lose all the momentum, at home, in a packed house, on national TV, in your shiny new unis, on one mf'n scramble. It's not even about leadership it's about pride. I now believe Bo's team suffers what the teams prior to him suffered. They suffered from PTAWD, post traumatic ass whoopin disorder. This is reminiscent to 2007 where the SLIGHTEST bit of adversity and the table folded. But this is different, this is worse, this is happening while we are WINNING. It's worse everyone, it worse because its not just in a negative setting, it's happening anytime. These kids and coaches have gotten beat so badly they now flinch at the slightest gesture.

I'm done defending this staff, I'm done talking myself into believing Bo can get the job done with the current makeup of our staff. He needs to bring in some new blood, bring in some passion, a guy like Ekeler, a guy that knows what emotion is. If he doesn't make changes, he needs to go, period. It should not be acceptable for him to status quo his staff on D.

The million dollar questions, who do we bring in? There's talented coaches out there right now, there are up and comers. Whats the risk/reward? What's our ROI right now on Bo? What's the risk of letting Bo go at seasons end? What will it take at this point for him to regain the confidence of the fan base? What are these national drubbings doing to our program? Like it or not, college football is a business. I don't like it either, but it is what it is, and as it stands Bo's business sucks. It's a crappy restaurant, it's a retail store that doesn't have what your looking for, it's a manufacture who's products keep breaking. It's a business who's bottom line looks decent at year end, but it's hemorrhaging money.

As I'm typing this, I'm watching the Wisc. - ASU game, and the announcers just said that "This is a Wisconsin team that put 70 up on Nebraska last year in the big 10 championship game, and ASU has them at 14 at the half." We are being compared to ASU, in fact ASU is being made to look good on our behalf. I guess we're absolutely relevant, relevant in getting our asses kicked and making inferior teams look better when playing a team that blew us up.

I'm done with my support of Bo, I have stood behind him since his hiring, but after today I am no more. I am supporting this team, and hope it wins out, but please tell me after today how many for sure wins are on there. Purdue took ND to the wire, Illinois played with Washington, Northwestern is playing great football, Michigan may not be the man of steel it was before today, but it's offense is our kryptonite. MSU's D makes UCLA's D look like a pop Warner team IMO. I won't go on, you get the drift. But I'm no longer seeing the cup cake schedule that we all thought we had pre season. I could literally keep typing all night, but I'll end here. If you read this all the way through, thanks for reading my rant.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »
The Silver Lining
Hell, everyone else has started a thread so I might as well too!

Honestly I don't think Bo will get fired this year for a couple reasons.

First is that the schedule is easy. I don't care what anyone says...it's an easy schedule. You can still chalk up SoDak St, Illinois, Purdue, Iowa and Minnesota as wins. I don't buy Mich St. as a formidable foe at all so I chalk that one up too. So you're at 8. Even if he stops there 8 isn't going to get him fired. And probably shouldn't really.

Secondly and probably most importantly...I don't think Eichorst will want to make that kind of splash so early in his tenure. If he's a student of history he will know what happened with SP and the general sentiment that a "9 win coach" shouldn't have been fired. He didn't hire Bo...so his job doesn't hinge on Bo's success. If he fires Bo his job WILL hinge on who he hires. So, if you are Eichorst why jump too soon at the opportunity to put your own head on the chopping block? He can lean on the "Hey, Tom FREAKING Osborne hired the guy...I'm willing to be patient." line of thinking. There's less risk in that than there is in firing the guy that TO hired.

I think an absolute worst case scenario with this schedule is 9-4 or 8-5. To me that would be an absolutely horrific result for the season. Utter failure. Would I support firing Bo at that point? I'd have to say I'd be OK with sticking with him. Don't get me wrong...I do not believe, and haven't for some time, that he is a good head coach and don't believe he will be. He's not "the answer". But the silver lining is that he's not a complete, program killing disaster. Nebraska IS irrelevant in the grand college football scheme at this time. I think NU could wallow in that irrelevance for some time without really doing any permanent long term damage. The recruitniks tell us he's bringing in talent...and that does seem to be the case. So if he was cut loose a year "too late" as opposed to a year too early the likelihood that there will be an empty cupboard for the new guy is rather slim. Continued ineptness on the big stage is and will be annoying. But if the risk of alienating potential HCs is real...then give Bo another year or two after this. It's coming eventually...I really don't think he has the chops to get it done. I think he's entirely too stubborn to admit that what he's doing doesn't work. But sticking with him to absolutely prove it won't cause a ton of damage.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 08:29:47 PM »
Actions I'd like to see re: KU football and our AD Post Rating (15 votes)
Here's a list of actions I'd like to see going forward.

1.  First, I'd like some big donors and our President to sit down with Sheahon Zenger and explain that he was the one that fired Turner Gill with three years left on his contract, orchestrated the buyout, and then hired Charlie Weis. Obviously, removing Gill was the right move.  But he didn't seem to learn from Perkins when he gave Weis a guaranteed 5-year contract.  If Weis' tenure completely fails, another long buyout is very unlikely.  if Weis totally fails, Zenger needs to be replaced and that needs explained to him NOW. With the pressure on, he needs to aggressively try and salvage what he can out of this atrocious hire if he has any chance to stay on at Kansas.  Hiring a "name" over an up-and-coming coordinator is on Zenger.

2.  With that in Zenger's mind, he needs to sit down with Charlie Weis during the bye before Weis goes on his recruiting trip.  A few things need to be explained to Weis.  The first is he is not getting it done.  If the offense struggles the rest of 2013, Weis will have be replaced as OC and his play calling duties will be stripped in 2014.  Weis needs to look in the mirror and realize his offense hasn't worked in the college game unless he has had a NFL quarterback.  It's too complicated.  That needs explained to Weis  - it's failed at the college level at too many places.

3.  I expect Weis offense to fail in 2013, so Zenger needs to look for a good, young up and coming coordinator for 2014 that specializes in the spread.  The selling point to the OC at Kansas is that is a great entry level position for the head coach after Weis is gone.  And the beauty of the spread offenses with the read option is that you line up in a formation that puts players in space with the ability to move the ball all over the field, but you can call plays within the formation that only have 1-3 options.  It takes the thinking off the table and puts the emphasis on execution.  Bubble screens require no reads; a read option is a 2 read play; a jet sweep is a no read play, and a pass play can emphasize one option downfield, a checkdown, and then a scramble/throw the ball away.  Good offensive coordinators get the most out of his players while limiting their weaknesses.  Charlie Weis is not a good offensive coordinator at the college level. 

4.  If at the end of 2014 if the team is still terrible and the offense is atrocious under the new OC running the spread, I think you have to fire Zenger and the new OC.  At that point, Zenger will have two bad hires and expose himself as out of his element.   The end of the Weis era would be eminent but not final.  We would then need to hire a new AD.  The new AD will certainly have some ideas on how to fix Weis.  Stripping the coordinators again and going into 2015 might the best move - I'll take another failed year with Weis over rushing into a bad hire. That would give the new AD an entire year to search for a head coach and give us just a one-year buy out of Weis (2016) if the new coach would be implemented that year.  Also, I would hope the new AD would give the new head coach just a three-year deal with incentives.

5.  Further, new AD needs to move Kansas in a direction that's best for our football program.  First, we really need to need to look to a younger coach that's been toiling in a small conference under tough circumstances.  If Dave Doeren doesn't work out at NC State, we should consider him.   We need to look for a smart, young, hard working coach that runs a spread offense and not a "name" hire.  Further, our AD MUST pursue a way to ease up our schedule considerably.  We must schedule some wins.  First, he needs to put pressure on the Big 12 to either expand the conference to 12 teams, or shorten the schedule to 8 games.  Maybe even 7.  3/4 our games against 9 better programs does not help us.  If the Big 12 won't budge, we need to look for a conference that will satisfy our basketball standards while putting our football program in a much better position to succeed.  I'd consider moving to the Mountain West in football and the ACC/Big 10 in basketball.    We need to get to a point where we are moving the program toward success and not taking cash handouts to stay in a league and stay at the bottom.  We will never get better if we don't start playing an easier schedule and consistently start winning.

Real talk.  Just my 2 cents...

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/forumdisplay.php/7-Football

Several to choose from but I liked this one:

6:57 am

This morning marked the earliest I have ever drank whiskey. I woke up this morning hoping that what I had seen last night was a nightmare....waking up I realized the reality of the Program. I arose to see the ESPN highlights and then played the game on DVR. Holy $#@!...Fire Dodds..Fire Mack..Fire Applewhite...Fire Robinson..and Fire the janitor. Start from scratch with a new HC with Balls and let the cards fall where they may.

:lol:

at least they realize they need to make a change at head coach.  you can't say the same for our fans.
I had my doubts, but this settles it.  You are a stupid MF'er.  :curse:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 08:49:20 PM »

From shaggy

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 08:52:16 PM »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »

From shaggy

shaggy is the bitb
One thing about shaggy, they lose with class.  :bigtoke:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Alpinist

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 09:35:28 PM »
From Shaggy:
"If Snyder and Mack were ever locked up together, he'd be sucking Snyder's $#@! within about 15min. He's Snyder's bitch. We could have our 2005 team against this team of his and I'd be nervous."

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2013, 09:15:36 AM »

Just sit back and relax until Hoi' ball starts.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
Yes.  You got it.  Do u actually believe we were any where near one of the best teams in the country last year?

We were a top 10 team last year with a good schedule. Sometimes that's all you need.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2013, 11:43:35 AM »
From Shaggy:
"If Snyder and Mack were ever locked up together, he'd be sucking Snyder's $#@! within about 15min. He's Snyder's bitch. We could have our 2005 team against this team of his and I'd be nervous."

It's amazing to think that Texas wouldn't have won the national title if we had gotten to play them in 2005.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2013, 12:17:37 PM »

Just sit back and relax until Hoi' ball starts.

You know me too well.

:cheers:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »
Rittenberg/Bennett ?@ESPN_BigTen 29m
Pelini, on Tommie Frazier's call for defensive firings: "If he feels like that, so be it. We don't need him."

:bwpopcorn: