Author Topic: Snyder Writes NDSU QB a Congratulatory Note, Wins Heart of Nation  (Read 34242 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Writes NDSU QB a Congratulatory Note, Wins Heart of Nation
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2013, 11:41:53 AM »
How dare LHC Bill Snyder try to be a positive influence on young people's lives. :shakesfist:

Positive influence on young people's lives? Really? LOL! I'm happy he is making the difference in the life of this troubled youngster.  LHC Bill Snyder is like a 21st century Mother Teresa right in Kansas! Another positive mark for the hall of fame candidacy.  :excited:

He can only be a positive influence to addicts?  Maybe Bill wrote a nice note to Casey Pachall?

Hey man, its just a note from a college football player to a 22 year old 2x national champion qb. At best its a cool letter this dude can show people, I doubt this has any impact on this dudes life, nor was it intended to.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »
I don't think Snyder is much of a celebrity outside of Kansas. He's Frank Beamer without the goiter. Would you really give a crap about a note from Frank Beamer?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2013, 12:47:38 PM »
I don't think Snyder is much of a celebrity outside of Kansas. He's Frank Beamer without the goiter. Would you really give a crap about a note from Frank Beamer?
I,for one, would find it pretty goddamn strange to get a letter from Frank Beamer. 

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »
From today's teleconference:

"I read a story where you sent a note to the North Dakota State quarterback after his game against you. How many times have you done that and did anything in particular motivate you to sending that note?"

SNYDER: "Well, I do it virtually after every ball game to young people who I thought played well against us, and coaches for their preparation, just a congratulatory note, and just wishing them well."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2013, 12:58:43 PM »

I would if he didn't have a goiter.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2013, 12:59:36 PM »

"I read a story where you sent a note to the North Dakota State quarterback after his game against you. How many times have you done that and did anything in particular motivate you to sending that note?"

SNYDER: "Well, I do it virtually after every ball game to young people who I thought played well against us, and coaches for their preparation, just a congratulatory note, and just wishing them well."

:runaway:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2013, 01:08:01 PM »

spoken like a self-righteous bad person.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »
this isn't the first story that has come out about this. it was pretty well known that he does this all the time.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2013, 01:14:05 PM »
this isn't the first story that has come out about this. it was pretty well known that he does this all the time.
didn't he write a letter to the missouri state qb a couple years ago after they hung a billion yards on us?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:44 PM »
didn't he write a letter to the missouri state qb a couple years ago after they hung a billion yards on us?

prolly

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:50 PM »

that guy was a dick!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »
You guys think he wrote one to Lache? I don't.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2013, 01:21:40 PM »

If I were a QB for whatever FCS team that beat VT, and I got a handwritten letter from Frank Beamer telling me how great I played, you can bet your ass that I'm framing that baby and if coach doesn't put it into the trophy case, I'm breaking in after dark and sticking it in there.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »
Snyders just trying to break into the North Dakota/Minnnesota pipeline. rough rider!
titletown..lulz

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »
Do you think any of the players ever write Bill back? I would totally make him my pen pal for as long as he kept sending me letters.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2013, 01:53:45 PM »

Fwiw I heard bob stoops on his coach's show a couple years ago talking about receiving a congrats/encouraging letter from Tom Osborne while Stoops was at ksu. Seemed like Stoops took some pride in receiving it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2013, 02:34:32 PM »
Ask him for money for gE BBBS, and you get a diagonal note on a selfie.

Whip his ass in football, diagonal note only.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2013, 02:44:33 PM »
MIR, who is allowed to compliment you?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2013, 02:47:02 PM »

:dunno:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »

I mean, you're saying that a college athlete should be pissed off when a great college coach tells them they did a good job. So if you're at work and your boss says you're doing a good job, do you get super pissed and tell him he's being condescending?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2013, 02:56:10 PM »
Sometimes silence is better than praise. :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »

I mean, you're saying that a college athlete should be pissed off when a great college coach tells them they did a good job. So if you're at work and your boss says you're doing a good job, do you get super pissed and tell him he's being condescending?

Uh, I didn't say that at all. I think you and others are confusing how I feel about this specific instance as opposed to how others should feel. If this qb viewed it as cool, than cool. Not sure I would in his spot though.

I do think this is similar to the Nebraska fans clapping and fans of other Big 12 schools, including posters on here, bitched about it forever. Some fans and opposing players thought it was classy, others thought it was disingenuous.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2013, 03:03:58 PM »
Sorry, I must have confused your " :flush: " post as you thinking it was a negative thing.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2013, 03:05:07 PM »

Uh, I didn't say that at all. I think you and others are confusing how I feel about this specific instance as opposed to how others should feel. If this qb viewed it as cool, than cool. Not sure I would in his spot though.

I do think this is similar to the Nebraska fans clapping and fans of other Big 12 schools, including posters on here, bitched about it forever. Some fans and opposing players thought it was classy, others thought it was disingenuous.
Link?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.