Author Topic: Results of the 2013 Combo-Fanning Season  (Read 4264 times)

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Results of the 2013 Combo-Fanning Season
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:16:53 PM »
I know these awards should have been given out before Friday night's debacle, but the Combo-Fanning Judges spent all weekend holed up in a secret location to come up with what you see below. Sorry if you didn't make the list this season, or if you made a list you didn't want to. Just keep following the 16 goals, and maybe you'll get there next year. If you'd like to file an appeal, please do so with the judges.

NOTE #1: These are not the CSourky's, nor are they trying to be. These are more like the Golden Globes of gE.c.

NOTE #2a: These awards are given for a poster's overall performance during Combo-Fanning season, not necessarily for their work on the Combo-Fanning board exclusively.

NOTE #2b: I like a lot of posters that didn't make the list. Don't be offended if you're not on here. (Pete comes to mind.)

NOTE #3: I don't read the basketball board because #BID. Sorry (not really, though) if I missed something good. (I didn't.)

TOP FIVE
1) Dlew: Solid poster all around, then really sealed the deal with #SWP. I still believe it can happen, Dlew.
2) Felix Rex: putting his life on the line for our country and our board. Also, giving us yokels a little bit of world affairs knowledge. Married extremely well.
3) DGale: breaking news for gE.c on the daily.
4) Daris: strongest performance of the Tier I Mod Group
5) Ben ji/AST: I really enjoyed their work in the Fishing and BBQ threads, respectively. Both of them are really adorable. (An argument could be made to stick someone from the HM group here, but the judges wanted to give people some recognition specifically for their combo-fanning work.)

HONORABLE MENTION (in no particular order):
-Saul: went from run-of-the-mill lazy Topeka IT guy until he gave us the Star Trek avatars. Great work, Saul. A hail mary that really worked out.
-Blackcats: scoops!
-a visitor and Funruh: I want Funruh to post more in non-RP-related threads. I also want him to make more threads about RP and post in those, too.
-SkinnyBenny: really putting in work on the music side of things.
-Jakesie & Tobias: Good overall posters, both of them putting in good work on the BB page.
-=Mods?=: I have such a soft spot for =Mods?=. Not sure why.
-GoodForAnother: really growing as a poster on this board, despite RD's PI-ing.
-MiR and Mrs. Gooch: represent their respective BBS minority groups extremely well.
-steve dave (but only if he's the mod who added the new emoticons)
-Whichever poster has a Battlestar Galactica avatar. A solid joke that shouldn't go unnoticed.

BOTTOM FIVE:
1) People who respond to Timhawk
2) Timhawk (not because he's KU, I'm totally :TSC:, but because he's the worst.)
3) K.B. K-S-U-Wildcats: lots of things to point to, but his endless/blind defense of GZ is what lands him here.
4) Bookie Pimp: Woof
5) Frankenklein: Woof

DISHONORABLE MENTION:
-Scottwildcat: Woof, but not as woof as the five above.
-WackyCat: normally I don't mind you, Wacky, but your recent touchiness and feuds with KC, Rusty, and OKCat have led to a pretty long slump for you. Keep sawing logs/rowing boat/etc and I know you'll get off this list pretty quick.

PUTTING OUT AN APB FOR:
-'Hatter--when are we going to hear more about hips and motor and stuff?
-ManBearPig--need more offensive/defensive line info. plz.
-pissclams--would have included you somewhere on this list, but I'm still waiting to see if my All Team Burner bets are going to make me any money this year.
-Trim--is he even a member anymore?
-KatKid--sheesh he has one kid and thinks he doesn't have time to BBS anymore.
-_FAN--I know you are back now that football is here, but I would love to see 2014 become Combo-_FANning season.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Results of the 2013 Combo-Fanning Season
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 09:31:35 PM »
I'd like to thank DGale....

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 09:45:47 PM »
How could Mr Bread not make this list? I demand a recount!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 09:55:15 PM »
This is a very combo season'ey quality of thread

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:59:32 PM »
I know these awards should have been given out before Friday night's debacle, but the Combo-Fanning Judges spent all weekend holed up in a secret location to come up with what you see below. Sorry if you didn't make the list this season, or if you made a list you didn't want to. Just keep following the 16 goals, and maybe you'll get there next year. If you'd like to file an appeal, please do so with the judges.

NOTE #1: These are not the CSourky's, nor are they trying to be. These are more like the Golden Globes of gE.c.

NOTE #2a: These awards are given for a poster's overall performance during Combo-Fanning season, not necessarily for their work on the Combo-Fanning board exclusively.

NOTE #2b: I like a lot of posters that didn't make the list. Don't be offended if you're not on here. (Pete comes to mind.)

NOTE #3: I don't read the basketball board because #BID. Sorry (not really, though) if I missed something good. (I didn't.)

TOP FIVE
1) Dlew: Solid poster all around, then really sealed the deal with #SWP. I still believe it can happen, Dlew.
2) Felix Rex: putting his life on the line for our country and our board. Also, giving us yokels a little bit of world affairs knowledge. Married extremely well.
3) DGale: breaking news for gE.c on the daily.
4) Daris: strongest performance of the Tier I Mod Group
5) Ben ji/AST: I really enjoyed their work in the Fishing and BBQ threads, respectively. Both of them are really adorable. (An argument could be made to stick someone from the HM group here, but the judges wanted to give people some recognition specifically for their combo-fanning work.)

HONORABLE MENTION (in no particular order):
-Saul: went from run-of-the-mill lazy Topeka IT guy until he gave us the Star Trek avatars. Great work, Saul. A hail mary that really worked out.
-Blackcats: scoops!
-a visitor and Funruh: I want Funruh to post more in non-RP-related threads. I also want him to make more threads about RP and post in those, too.
-SkinnyBenny: really putting in work on the music side of things.
-Jakesie & Tobias: Good overall posters, both of them putting in good work on the BB page.
-=Mods?=: I have such a soft spot for =Mods?=. Not sure why.
-GoodForAnother: really growing as a poster on this board, despite RD's PI-ing.
-MiR and Mrs. Gooch: represent their respective BBS minority groups extremely well.
-steve dave (but only if he's the mod who added the new emoticons)
-Whichever poster has a Battlestar Galactica avatar. A solid joke that shouldn't go unnoticed.

BOTTOM FIVE:
1) People who respond to Timhawk
2) Timhawk (not because he's KU, I'm totally :TSC:, but because he's the worst.)
3) K.B. K-S-U-Wildcats: lots of things to point to, but his endless/blind defense of GZ is what lands him here.
4) Bookie Pimp: Woof
5) Frankenklein: Woof

DISHONORABLE MENTION:
-Scottwildcat: Woof, but not as woof as the five above.
-WackyCat: normally I don't mind you, Wacky, but your recent touchiness and feuds with KC, Rusty, and OKCat have led to a pretty long slump for you. Keep sawing logs/rowing boat/etc and I know you'll get off this list pretty quick.

PUTTING OUT AN APB FOR:
-'Hatter--when are we going to hear more about hips and motor and stuff?
-ManBearPig--need more offensive/defensive line info. plz.
-pissclams--would have included you somewhere on this list, but I'm still waiting to see if my All Team Burner bets are going to make me any money this year.
-Trim--is he even a member anymore?
-KatKid--sheesh he has one kid and thinks he doesn't have time to BBS anymore.
-_FAN--I know you are back now that football is here, but I would love to see 2014 become Combo-_FANning season.

:jerk:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 10:00:59 PM »
 :Woot:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 10:03:11 PM »
:Woot:

This is a crucial time for you bud. You earned it, but don't let it get to your heard. Stay hungry stay humble. #1cat

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »
 :surprised:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 11:07:21 PM »
Yeah, Dlew is great but he's starting to slip into posting mainly emotes instead of words. At least in the last two threads. Keep in mind that you are #1 in the Fake C'Sourkys, Dlew. And #1 in my heart. The pen is your best posting weapon, deploy it often and let everyone know who's boss.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 06:56:44 AM »
i enjoyed that.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
emaw

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 11:49:20 AM »
Really what set Dlew apart was the papa murphey's fiasco. That's what combo-fanning is about.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
Really what set Dlew apart was the papa murphey's fiasco. That's what combo-fanning is about.

feel like i deserve an assist for that one.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
:don'tcare:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 12:25:19 PM »
:don'tcare:

You can be my plus one at the after party. We'll post up at the bar and criticize the hipster wannabe music.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 12:39:40 PM »
Jeremy Crabtree should be on here somewhere. Very underrated moment this cf season.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 01:37:24 PM »
I'm really pumped to not be on the dishonorable mention list.  This makes my day for sure.  Great post WonderMeal!
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 04:37:47 PM »
Yeah, Dlew is great but he's starting to slip into posting mainly emotes instead of words.

it happens to everyone, eventually.  laziness makes retards of us all.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 04:49:01 PM »
Yeah, Dlew is great but he's starting to slip into posting mainly emotes instead of words.
That was a thoughtful wakeup call by SB.  Improve every day.  (#4)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 04:56:23 PM »
That was a thoughtful wakeup call by SB.  Improve every day.  (#4)

:D
emaw

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »
I'm really pumped to not be on the dishonorable mention list.  This makes my day for sure.  Great post WonderMeal!

The Judges meant to put out an APB for you, since you were just letting Puniraptor hang on his fantastically-titled thread. However, you appear to have beaten  :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: for now, so you're good.

Also, two updates:
1) I am usually The Judges are typically very fond of Mr. Bread's work and will now be accepting submissions for his inclusion to the Honorable Mention list.
2) Steve Dave is a Tier I mod poster, but if it was Rick Daris that added all these emoticons, his addition to the HM list will also be under review.

Please present your case for the addition or removal of these two posters to/from the HM list.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 12:37:55 AM »
I say take Benji off the top 5 for letting his dog poop in everyone's yard and put Jakesie up there. Really miss that guy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 08:15:12 AM »

The Judges meant to put out an APB for you, since you were just letting Puniraptor hang on his fantastically-titled thread. However, you appear to have beaten  :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: for now, so you're good.

Also, two updates:
1) I am usually The Judges are typically very fond of Mr. Bread's work and will now be accepting submissions for his inclusion to the Honorable Mention list.
2) Steve Dave is a Tier I mod poster, but if it was Rick Daris that added all these emoticons, his addition to the HM list will also be under review.

Please present your case for the addition or removal of these two posters to/from the HM list.
I would like to say that Ok Cat, KC, and MC get away with murder around here. So most posters kiss their ass to stay off their radar. I think it's good to have a poster that challenges them and doesn't limp up to them like a scared puppy. I should be taken off the list. It's pretty apparent.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 08:23:02 AM »
Shut the eff up fanning