Author Topic: Optimism Thread  (Read 6851 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Optimism Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 07:42:13 PM »
we can still win the Big 12!
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »
The kettle corn was delicious, as always.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 07:49:14 PM »
I looked pretty great all game.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 07:51:48 PM »
TLBL on pace for a pretty awesome season!

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »
KORNHEISER YOU GUYS OMG!!
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 08:13:06 PM »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 02:08:19 PM »
A few things I'm noticing as I'm listening to Snyder speak with media...

- He sounds more optimistic than I expected. He said Monday's practice was the best one his team has had since camp opened, especially for the offensive line, which has taken ownership of its poor performance against NDSU.

- He said he's starting to see the emotions he wanted to after "being embarrassed" Friday night.

- When asked about more playing time for QB Daniel Sams, he said, "Yes, we have something in place."

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »
A few things I'm noticing as I'm listening to Snyder speak with media...

- He sounds more optimistic than I expected. He said Monday's practice was the best one his team has had since camp opened, especially for the offensive line, which has taken ownership of its poor performance against NDSU.

- He said he's starting to see the emotions he wanted to after "being embarrassed" Friday night.

- When asked about more playing time for QB Daniel Sams, he said, "Yes, we have something in place."

repeat here we come  :thumbs:
emaw

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
"yes, we have something in place" is music to my ears.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »
I saw a guy in Walmart here in Texas with a KSU hat on and we exchanged nervous glances.  I think that means we're concerned and that's a good thing.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 02:57:22 PM »
I saw a guy in Walmart here in Texas with a KSU hat on and we exchanged nervous glances.  I think that means we're concerned and that's a good thing.
Did you cover your eyes with your hand?  Did he?  Did he know you are a KSU fan?  Did you offer him a purple hug?

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 03:01:31 PM »
Did you cover your eyes with your hand?  Did he?  Did he know you are a KSU fan?  Did you offer him a purple hug?

I was wearing a gray K-State shirt.  He gave me a "dude, help" look.  Could've been a "my wife and kids" look, idk.  The purple hug was ready but the opportunity was lost.

catzacker

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 03:02:51 PM »
out of respect for this being an optimism thread, I'll refrain from pointing out that the OL having trouble with our front 7 would be like water having trouble getting through a thin paper sack.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 04:05:39 PM »

I saw a guy at Walmart in a K-State shirt. I was in my K-State polo. The guy had a big frown on his face, and when we made eye contact, we both nodded our head. I immediately punched the potato chips behind me and ripped about 100 chips out of the bag. Then I started ripping open all of the bags. Then the other guy grabbed the whole rack and just tipped it over onto the ground. We were just so pissed that K-State lost, guys. There was no controlling us. If the players even feel an ounce of that emotion, and you can bet your ass they do, look out. I wouldn't want to be ULL right now.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 04:08:07 PM »

I saw a guy at Walmart in a K-State shirt. I was in my K-State polo. The guy had a big frown on his face, and when we made eye contact, we both nodded our head. I immediately punched the potato chips behind me and ripped about 100 chips out of the bag. Then I started ripping open all of the bags. Then the other guy grabbed the whole rack and just tipped it over onto the ground. We were just so pissed that K-State lost, guys. There was no controlling us. If the players even feel an ounce of that emotion, and you can bet your ass they do, look out. I wouldn't want to be ULL right now.

Is this true?  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 04:09:39 PM »

Is this true?  :horrorsurprise:

Why on earth would I lie about vandalism? Oh, this is just pissing me off all over again. Nobody at work better give me any lip for the rest of the day if they don't want that lip to get fat.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 04:19:41 PM »
Getting rowdy here on the optimism thread.  Or should I say ANGRY

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 04:32:50 PM »

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 05:10:22 PM »
We're a game closer to Dakorey Johnson and Chris Brown being ready to contribute. Also Bill's quote about #life.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »
The new parking lot pavement didn't completely stick to my feet all tailgate!!!

Whoever was flying the "don't give up the ship" flag  :gocho:

Westside blocks sun better

Ingame highlight guy!

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »
Whoever was flying the "don't give up the ship" flag  :gocho:

that was broXcore, hardcorekickball, kslim, etc.  I visited for about 30 seconds.  good time
emaw

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 06:55:30 PM »
LHCBS publicly acknowledged we didn't see enough #LIFE in Game 1  :crossfingers:
He stated that he was upset after Life's TD run that he hadn't used him more. Then proceeded to running him one more time...

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2013, 10:55:37 PM »
http://deadspin.com/welcome-to-johnny-footballs-heel-turn-125-fbs-teams-1246792807

64. KANSAS STATE (0–1). I'm still a little bit wary of the people who actually predicted an upset by North Dakota State over the defending Big 12 champs, but in K-State's defense I am willing to believe that the shocker of the weekend says a lot more about the Bison than it does about their latest victims. For one, there have been others: Kansas in 2010, Minnesota in 2011, Colorado State in 2012, all practice runs for the big kill. For another, North Dakota State is just pretty damn good. Just a few years removed from "provisional" status, the Bison have won back-to-back FCS titles on the back of a dominant defense, one that's held eight playoff opponents over the last two years to 8.8 points per game. (The highest-scoring FCS team in the nation in both of those seasons, Sam Houston State, managed six points in the 2011 championship game and 13 in last year's rematch.) The upset in Manhattan looked a lot like a vintage K–State ambush, especially the winning drive, an 18-play, 80-yard march that snuffed out the final nine minutes of the game. If you can imagine a more fitting name than "Brock Jensen" for the quarterback who somehow out-tortoised LHC Bill Snyder, I'd like to hear it.

Anyway, this is the part where everyone writes off Kansas State as marginally talented frauds getting a long-overdue dose of reality until we look up in a couple months and realize the Wildcats have won like eight in a row.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2013, 11:03:34 PM »
http://deadspin.com/welcome-to-johnny-footballs-heel-turn-125-fbs-teams-1246792807

64. KANSAS STATE (0–1). I'm still a little bit wary of the people who actually predicted an upset by North Dakota State over the defending Big 12 champs, but in K-State's defense I am willing to believe that the shocker of the weekend says a lot more about the Bison than it does about their latest victims. For one, there have been others: Kansas in 2010, Minnesota in 2011, Colorado State in 2012, all practice runs for the big kill. For another, North Dakota State is just pretty damn good. Just a few years removed from "provisional" status, the Bison have won back-to-back FCS titles on the back of a dominant defense, one that's held eight playoff opponents over the last two years to 8.8 points per game. (The highest-scoring FCS team in the nation in both of those seasons, Sam Houston State, managed six points in the 2011 championship game and 13 in last year's rematch.) The upset in Manhattan looked a lot like a vintage K–State ambush, especially the winning drive, an 18-play, 80-yard march that snuffed out the final nine minutes of the game. If you can imagine a more fitting name than "Brock Jensen" for the quarterback who somehow out-tortoised LHC LHC Bill Snyder, I'd like to hear it.

Anyway, this is the part where everyone writes off Kansas State as marginally talented frauds getting a long-overdue dose of reality until we look up in a couple months and realize the Wildcats have won like eight in a row.

Take it to the media hates us, we get no respect, woodchipper thread.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
Monday's practice! Optimism rising!