Author Topic: DOJ says school vouchers are racist  (Read 10124 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: DOJ says school vouchers are racist
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2015, 05:51:56 PM »
Tattoo their foreheads with "thief". Maybe even spell it wrong to make it more embarrassing.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2015, 07:22:58 PM »
They probably only embezzled because the man wasn't paying a living wage. Punish the man.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2015, 07:35:43 PM »

Yes, they deserved prison.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/29/us/georgia-cheating-scandal/

We know what happened, not sure why you posted the link. Charging them under the RICO statute like they are murderous gangsters is embarrassingly heavy handed. Losing their careers and any chance to work in those careers ever again along with restitution and public shame is fine. These people have spouses and children. I won't even get into the fact that we have overcrowded prisons and now we're putting people in them that cheated on standardized tests. Aren't you people the ones always whining about government spending, these are the people we need to be spending six figures on housing. Are these people menaces to society?

I didn't expect you to care about stealing tax dollars, but these people shortchanged the educations of thousands of mostly black students. I'm surprised you're being so lenient.

You're talking about theory, they didn't literally take money from anyone. Did you miss the part where I mentioned restitution or do you not know what that is?

Oh, so if you steal then restitution is enough? No other punishment? It's like the "no harm no foul" theory! :lol:

Should we send OK Cat to prison, too? He stole the first 4 episodes of Game of Thrones season 5.

I resisted the urge! So I won't go to prison! Yay!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2015, 09:34:44 PM »
I think restitution + interest is plenty of punishment for straight up theft.

No, that's appropriate punishment for borrowing money. Stealing it under false pretenses ruins people's lives you imbecile.

Think of it like this. You have kids who need food. Someone steals all your money. You can't feed your kids and they die. The thief can't pay you back because he won't work and the interest won't bring your kids back to life anyways.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2015, 10:09:56 PM »
I'm still waiting for one of you to tell me how much money they stole and who they stole it from.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2015, 11:17:37 PM »
I'm still waiting for one of you to tell me how much money they stole and who they stole it from.

I'm not familiar with the exact amount, but they were convicted of cheating in order to earn higher bonuses and other incentive pay. They stole those bonuses and other incentive pay. From the taxpayers. I don't understand why you can't understand this...

Student achievement helped the former principals, teachers and administrators to secure promotions and cash bonuses.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:21:30 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2015, 11:21:43 PM »
3-6 months seems more appropriate
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2015, 07:56:03 AM »
Where do you draw the line in that?  I mean, how long was bernie madoff (sp) sentenced?

If they altered documents (tests) for financial self interest(bonuses).  It's like the accountant signing himself extra checks or paying personal bills with the company credit card. 

This is just getting ppl twisted because of the proximity to ed and standardized testing, imo.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »
3-6 months seems more appropriate

of probation, maybe

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2015, 08:08:32 AM »
Where do you draw the line in that?  I mean, how long was bernie madoff (sp) sentenced?

If they altered documents (tests) for financial self interest(bonuses).  It's like the accountant signing himself extra checks or paying personal bills with the company credit card. 

This is just getting ppl twisted because of the proximity to ed and standardized testing, imo.

How much money did Bernie Madoff take? How big of a bonus is a teacher earning $45k going to get? A couple thousand dollars? I think the incentive came more from trying to hold onto their job than from getting some bonus on the taxpayers' dime. The administrators who supported this should be jailed. For the teachers, I think the public disgrace and loss of career is enough.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2015, 11:03:36 AM »

I'm not familiar with the exact amount, but they were convicted of cheating in order to earn higher bonuses and other incentive pay. They stole those bonuses and other incentive pay. From the taxpayers. I don't understand why you can't understand this...

Student achievement helped the former principals, teachers and administrators to secure promotions and cash bonuses.

Right, I understand all of that. The fact that you nor anyone else can tell us how much money they "stole" kinda proves the point that you guys should stop talking about these people in the same vain as if they robbed a bank. The larger crime here is them cheating the tests and not believing in their students capacity to learn. Returning the bonuses, being charged with felonies that essentially ends their careers in education, and giving them probation is absolutely enough of a penalty.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2015, 11:16:39 AM »

Right, I understand all of that. The fact that you nor anyone else can tell us how much money they "stole" kinda proves the point that you guys should stop talking about these people in the same vain as if they robbed a bank. The larger crime here is them cheating the tests and not believing in their students capacity to learn. Returning the bonuses, being charged with felonies that essentially ends their careers in education, and giving them probation is absolutely enough of a penalty.

I can't tell you how much because I'm only reading news accounts that don't report it - not the actual evidence as presented. If anyone finds out, please let me know.

I agree with you that the worse crime is how the teachers shortganged the students. We just disagree on the severity of the penalty.