Author Topic: Willie Skits  (Read 39293 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Willie Skits
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »

Yes there's a difference. Again you are missing the point that even if they still find someone willing to be speared the 53,000 fans there aren't willing to see someone hurt in that manner. I'm stunned that you are refusing to acknowledge this.

Not once, in the 13 years I've been going to games, has anyone around me NOT responded to tackle/willie skit exactly like winters described earlier in the thread before his accident occurred. I'm stunned you have such a short memory. Of the 53,000 people there, I'm willing to bet over 52,000 of them weren't thinking "this is stupid, someone's is going to get hurt"

Someone help me out with the point here :confused:

You know when you see a poll where the question is something like Is fire hot and only 98% of the people say yes, I've always wondered the mindset of the other 2%, guess I'm seeing it now.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »

Yes there's a difference. Again you are missing the point that even if they still find someone willing to be speared the 53,000 fans there aren't willing to see someone hurt in that manner. I'm stunned that you are refusing to acknowledge this.

Not once, in the 13 years I've been going to games, has anyone around me NOT responded to tackle/willie skit exactly like winters described earlier in the thread before his accident occurred. I'm stunned you have such a short memory. Of the 53,000 people there, I'm willing to bet over 52,000 of them weren't thinking "this is stupid, someone's is going to get hurt"
So now that it's clear that the midfield tackle is pretty dangerous those of us who weren't that worried about it before should stick to our previous opinions out of stubbornness?

It's okay to let new experiences change the way you think about certain things.

Oh I see,  so people that aren't smart enough to realize someone might get hurt after getting speared, they are just dumb asses with no foresight...  That explains why I'm having this debate with you clowns. Here's another shocker for you, if you piss on an electric fence, it will feel like your dick is getting ripped off.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2013, 05:20:38 PM »
Aaaaaand the video's back up on the Mercury website.

Shell shock how many times have you masturbated to it so far?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2013, 05:21:44 PM »

Absolutely did watch it happen and immediately said, "He's either knocked out cold or something is broken." I'm not going to sit here and say that I wasn't scared for that kid, but i'm also not going to immediately call for the skit to end. After he walked off the field with a little bit of help and had proper medical attention, I watched the game.

I feel like I'm debating a 3rd grader. Why do you think the spear is necessary for the skit? You do realize the spear and the skit are mutually exclusive, right?

I don't; And I feel like you're not reading my posts.  I don't think anyone has the right to dictate what another person voluntarily does to their body.  If you want to make a list or something for people to sign who could do without the willie tackle, I'll sign it.  But I'm not about to demand another person not do something they may want to do.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2013, 05:23:19 PM »
Maybe from now on, Willie could chase down the opposing fan and just give him an open hand smack right on the mouth and the fan could just run off crying. That would be much safer and really better in every way than the traditional spear tackle.

In the world we live in today, we wouldn't even be able to do that. It would be us making them cry, telling them that it's ok, setting up counseling for their hurt feelings, giving them a participation medal and telling them that there's tons of stuff you're good at and you can do anything.  :jerk:

Makes me sick...

Does it really make you sick? The pussification of america or whatever I think people understand, and your point is well-taken with me, but what I think most non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) people are taking away from this is that the pussification thing isn't the issue, the issue is our favorite school possibly looking rough ridin' ridiculous by giving our own students brain damage during pre game skits that nobody cares about anymore anyways. I DON'T WANT MY FAVORITE SCHOOL TO LOOK SILLY SHELLSHOCK

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2013, 05:25:38 PM »

Someone help me out with the point here :confused:

You know when you see a poll where the question is something like Is fire hot and only 98% of the people say yes, I've always wondered the mindset of the other 2%, guess I'm seeing it now.

The point is, did you not realize it was dangerous before?  If so - why the outrage now?  I thought everyone understood this was someone risking their health for your entertainment.

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
Random Comments

1. Willies are volunteers (I assume they get a scholarship but it is still optional) and getting tackled is a volunteer mission (if it isn't we are freaking Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)).

2. The viciousness of the tackled can be reduced dramatically. You don't have to get 30-40 yards of momentum and the victim can try to protect themselves a little bit. Running away from Willie would make the tackle significantly less painful (but still potentially painful)

We could try to do other badass things besides just tackling. Willie could throw a fake punch and knock the guy out or they could have a duel with those big sticks from American Gladiators

3. That type of seizure injury could happen on the football field at virtually anytime. Kip Daily got whacked pretty good a few weeks ago. To say that another random K-State student is better than Kip Daily is silly in its own way. My brother got multiple concussions from playing football in High School games and sandlot games (he kept playing, wanted to).

4. Cheerleaders, Coaches, and Referees put themselves at risk. A cheerleader at my high school fell from the top of a pyramid and was paralyzed from the waist down (that particular set is now banned in Kansas High Schools but is much less dangerous than many of the stunts our K-State Cheerleaders do). Sean Payton had a serious injury when he didn't get out of the way of a player that went out of bounds in 2011. LHC Bill Snyder has the same risks except greater due to decreased mobility.

5. In general the most dangerous thing we do is drive and it is not even really close. Also for every fatality caused by drunk driving there are many more that are just because people can't drive or are unlucky (deer, hit by someone else, or even fall asleep).

6. If you are morally against something like Contact sports, you probably shouldn't support them by coming to a Football blog, going to games and you certainly shouldn't spend cash to support the activity.

My conclusion is America is full of wussies and hypocrites and it is getting worse every year. Ban  Skydiving, Boats, Cars, Trains, Basketball, Football, Soccer, everything.

We constantly buy things that put people in greater harms way than the Willie Skit or football in general.  Blood Diamonds, Arctic Crab fishing, anything that is shipped by truck, many types of mining, and hundreds if not thousands more jobs.

The safest speed is 0 mph and that is way to damn slow.
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2013, 05:28:31 PM »
Can't wait to see some video of these idiots.  Would have been way more hilarious if it was Willie that got hurt.

http://themercury.com/k-state

there you go, man! i hope it's as hilarious as you imagined!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2013, 05:28:48 PM »
Guys, the skit was getting kinda lame anyways. It's a simple benefit/cost analysis here ya dorks. Geez laaaweez.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2013, 05:29:42 PM »

what the eff did any of you expect to happen?
So you weren't shocked or surprised or the least bit bothered at all when you were watching the college kid have a seizure at midfield on saturday?  Just shrugged and said "well that was certainly expected?

I was just as concerned for him as every time I've seen a football player have a life threatening injury.  I felt a pit in my stomach and I reaffirmed with my 7 year old son standing next to me that he was not allowed to play football for the reasons he was also witnessing.

He wasn't playing football. I sincerely hope you're lying about your 7 year old son, my 4 year old daughter knew he wasn't playing football.

Well hopefully, your daughter was smart enough to draw the comparison between a person being tackled and a football player.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »

Absolutely did watch it happen and immediately said, "He's either knocked out cold or something is broken." I'm not going to sit here and say that I wasn't scared for that kid, but i'm also not going to immediately call for the skit to end. After he walked off the field with a little bit of help and had proper medical attention, I watched the game.

I feel like I'm debating a 3rd grader. Why do you think the spear is necessary for the skit? You do realize the spear and the skit are mutually exclusive, right?

I don't; And I feel like you're not reading my posts.  I don't think anyone has the right to dictate what another person voluntarily does to their body.  If you want to make a list or something for people to sign who could do without the willie tackle, I'll sign it.  But I'm not about to demand another person not do something they may want to do.

What the eff are we talking about here? Of course you have the right to get speared by whomever you want, no one is arguing otherwise. This isn't happening privately, we're saying that this shouldn't be happening when and where it is happening at. People volunteer for childbirth, lets do that at midfield too, would be a hilarious skit.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
Well hopefully, your daughter was smart enough to draw the comparison between a person being tackled and a football player.
If she ever notices that most of the time football players wear helmets and pads, I'm sure she is able to draw the distinction.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »
Can't wait to see some video of these idiots.  Would have been way more hilarious if it was Willie that got hurt.

HAHA!  THE PART WITH THE SEIZURE IS MY FAVORITE!  WHAT AN IDIOT!!!

:flush:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2013, 05:36:29 PM »
If she ever notices that most of the time football players wear helmets and pads, I'm sure she is able to draw the distinction.

so if you put that opposing guy in pads, then you're all cool with it?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2013, 05:36:36 PM »
Random Comments

1. Willies are volunteers (I assume they get a scholarship but it is still optional) and getting tackled is a volunteer mission (if it isn't we are freaking Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)).

2. The viciousness of the tackled can be reduced dramatically. You don't have to get 30-40 yards of momentum and the victim can try to protect themselves a little bit. Running away from Willie would make the tackle significantly less painful (but still potentially painful)

We could try to do other badass things besides just tackling. Willie could throw a fake punch and knock the guy out or they could have a duel with those big sticks from American Gladiators

3. That type of seizure injury could happen on the football field at virtually anytime. Kip Daily got whacked pretty good a few weeks ago. To say that another random K-State student is better than Kip Daily is silly in its own way. My brother got multiple concussions from playing football in High School games and sandlot games (he kept playing, wanted to).

4. Cheerleaders, Coaches, and Referees put themselves at risk. A cheerleader at my high school fell from the top of a pyramid and was paralyzed from the waist down (that particular set is now banned in Kansas High Schools but is much less dangerous than many of the stunts our K-State Cheerleaders do). Sean Payton had a serious injury when he didn't get out of the way of a player that went out of bounds in 2011. LHC Bill Snyder has the same risks except greater due to decreased mobility.

5. In general the most dangerous thing we do is drive and it is not even really close. Also for every fatality caused by drunk driving there are many more that are just because people can't drive or are unlucky (deer, hit by someone else, or even fall asleep).

6. If you are morally against something like Contact sports, you probably shouldn't support them by coming to a Football blog, going to games and you certainly shouldn't spend cash to support the activity.

My conclusion is America is full of wussies and hypocrites and it is getting worse every year. Ban  Skydiving, Boats, Cars, Trains, Basketball, Football, Soccer, everything.

We constantly buy things that put people in greater harms way than the Willie Skit or football in general.  Blood Diamonds, Arctic Crab fishing, anything that is shipped by truck, many types of mining, and hundreds if not thousands more jobs.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
I hope the guy is ok

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2013, 05:40:20 PM »
Random Comments

i wish i had a video of the kid seizing up that said "too long; did not read"
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »

i'd be cooler with it than i currently am.

:dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2013, 05:46:01 PM »

HAHA!  THE PART WITH THE SEIZURE IS MY FAVORITE!  WHAT AN IDIOT!!!

Of course you know, but that seizure part lasted a very long time, it took people forever to realize he wasn't acting.

Well the guy hitting him is in pads so that would help with the safety component, wouldn't help with the lameness of the spear though.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2013, 05:57:58 PM »

I hope the guy is ok

I think regardless, everybody can agree on that. Sending more positive thoughts that way.

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2013, 06:04:20 PM »

i wish i had a video of the kid seizing up that said "too long; did not read"
[/quote]

Some people need to go to reading comp.....pre....hen.....sion.... class.
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2013, 06:17:13 PM »

I'm not saying the spear is necessary for the skit, i'm saying that the skit shouldn't be banned purely because of the spear.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »

I'm not saying the spear is necessary for the skit, i'm saying that the skit shouldn't be banned purely because of the spear.

The spear should be banned because of the spear.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2013, 06:20:21 PM »
Am I the only one offended by how that video was edited for the Mercury website?  The slow mo replay with the low scratchy audio just like  a You Tube vid of someone getting posterized? I know it's obviously going to draw a ton of hits, but WTF is up with Manhattan Mercury?  Is making some Quick Silver more important than basic human decency?

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2013, 06:22:30 PM »

What the eff are we talking about here? Of course you have the right to get speared by whomever you want, no one is arguing otherwise. This isn't happening privately, we're saying that this shouldn't be happening when and where it is happening at. People volunteer for childbirth, lets do that at midfield too, would be a hilarious skit.

EDIT