Author Topic: Willie Skits  (Read 39711 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: Willie Skits
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2013, 09:28:22 PM »

Have wondered if the tackle person has ever been given fall training? Looks like maybe not.

let your body go limp to make it look more realistic.

5 minutes at fattyfest could've prevented this whole tragedy

I was more or less recalling what an extremely pak'd former willie told an extremely pak'd mh.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »

Have wondered if the tackle person has ever been given fall training? Looks like maybe not.

That kid in the skit didn't have the luxury of a strangers parked car to break his fall.

i don't remember this happening. interesting, if true.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2013, 09:31:18 PM »
:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »
Missed all that.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2013, 10:19:46 PM »
So i'm just curious, would this have been a pre-existing thing?Or was it just from him hitting his head so hard on the turf, I'm assuming?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2013, 10:59:14 PM »

That kid in the skit didn't have the luxury of a strangers parked car to break his fall.

You and Hollywood Hogan were wrestling in front of Maes, and fell on a car parked there multiple times. Some girl came from somewhere else in Aggieville and opened her car while you guys were wrestling on it. The look on her face was part puzzled part horrified. I could only imagine what is going through her head as she is coming to her car on an afternoon in mid June to see two giant guys in costumes dry humping on her car.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2013, 12:15:36 AM »
So i'm just curious, would this have been a pre-existing thing?Or was it just from him hitting his head so hard on the turf, I'm assuming?

Seems like it was something pre existing. People hit their heads sometimes but usually don't seem to start seizing. Maybe a pre condition he didn't even know about, but then again he'd probably never had his head blasted into hard turf by a sprinting man wearing an animal head.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2013, 12:24:05 AM »
Besides the obvious awful human tragedy, can you imagine how incredibly rough ridin' stupid we would have looked if he died or had brain damage? Everyone already thinks we all live on farms, now we are also the hillbilly school that occasionally kills people during our stupid pre game skits.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2013, 01:12:10 AM »

You and Hollywood Hogan were wrestling in front of Maes, and fell on a car parked there multiple times. Some girl came from somewhere else in Aggieville and opened her car while you guys were wrestling on it. The look on her face was part puzzled part horrified. I could only imagine what is going through her head as she is coming to her car on an afternoon in mid June to see two giant guys in costumes dry humping on her car.

She was the Pita Pit delivery driver.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2013, 01:15:49 AM »
Besides the obvious awful human tragedy, can you imagine how incredibly rough ridin' stupid we would have looked if he died or had brain damage? Everyone already thinks we all live on farms, now we are also the hillbilly school that occasionally kills people during our stupid pre game skits.

It would be like some kind of weird karma for making fun of W.Virginia's mascot killing that baby bear.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2013, 09:41:57 AM »
Remember when we blew up Sooner wagon following OKC bombing?  :horrorsurprise:
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »
I really hope this isn't the end of the pregame skits. I don't want to get into the pussification of America right now, but it's not like he was forced to participate in the thing. Maybe we need to change it up a little, but to complete nix the whole thing seems excessive to me. Thoughts?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2013, 10:01:33 AM »
It is def the end of Willie hit sticking guys. They might have to get creative with them now to avoid the hit.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
Could have been a pre-existing condition but a bad concussion can provoke a seizure.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2013, 10:03:15 AM »
I really hope this isn't the end of the pregame skits. I don't want to get into the pussification of America right now, but it's not like he was forced to participate in the thing. Maybe we need to change it up a little, but to complete nix the whole thing seems excessive to me. Thoughts?

Are you of the thought that it is impossible to have a skit without some 5'9" 145 pound kid getting hit as hard as possible by someone running full speed in shoulder pads? And for you to even consider typing "pussification of America" as It relates to this is so absurd. The guy hit his head on the turf and had a three minute seizure in front of 53,000 people.

My thought is that you are a simple minded moron.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
Could have been a pre-existing condition but a bad concussion can provoke a seizure.
i saw a good friend have a 10 minute seizure after light hit. he bit through his lip during the rough ridin' thing. it can happen.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2013, 10:17:48 AM »
The seizure can be the body's way of masking the pain, or something like that. I saw a kid faint and hit their head on the floor and then go into convulsions/ seizure from the pain.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »

Are you of the thought that it is impossible to have a skit without some 5'9" 145 pound kid getting hit as hard as possible by someone running full speed in shoulder pads? And for you to even consider typing "pussification of America" as It relates to this is so absurd. The guy hit his head on the turf and had a three minute seizure in front of 53,000 people.

My thought is that you are a simple minded moron.
i can't imagine that the current willie-guys would want to continue doing the skit. my suggestion would be to shelve it for at least this year and then maybe do it sparingly and only when we can put the kid being hit in some sort of helmet or padding.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »
i saw a good friend have a 10 minute seizure after light hit. he bit through his lip during the rough ridin' thing. it can happen.

Most scared I've ever been
:adios:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2013, 10:32:10 AM »

me too, which explains why i'll probably hate chum1 forever for saying the situation was hilarious.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »
could have all been avoided had he been wearing the old Willie head.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »

Just a terrible scene.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »
Skit lost its thunder anyways.  Can you guys say you get fired up every time Willie does the tackle skit?  I can't.  It probably should have been nixed years ago but it took an event like this to be like "o crap this is pretty risky and someone could get seriously hurt if performed incorrectly without pads."  It lost its thunder for me because they half-assed the videos and the outfits.  I mean the guy didn't even run out in the old Willie head that he put on in the video.  If he dropped it, why would Willie need to chase him?  Sounds like Willie is the bully in this situation and the WVU guy was just having some fun. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2013, 11:14:01 AM »
Skit lost its thunder anyways.  Can you guys say you get fired up every time Willie does the tackle skit?  I can't.  It probably should have been nixed years ago but it took an event like this to be like "o crap this is pretty risky and someone could get seriously hurt if performed incorrectly without pads."  It lost its thunder for me because they half-assed the videos and the outfits.  I mean the guy didn't even run out in the old Willie head that he put on in the video.  If he dropped it, why would Willie need to chase him?  Sounds like Willie is the bully in this situation and the WVU guy was just having some fun.

the obv. valued the Old Willie more than the student.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2013, 11:17:03 AM »

could have all been avoided had he been wearing the old Willie head.

I was surprised when he ran out on the field without it.