Author Topic: In Which Dr Blumpkin PhD Identifies and Appraises YOUR Transformers  (Read 14453 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: In Which Dr Blumpkin PhD Identifies and Appraises YOUR Transformers
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »
Here is a complete Monstructor.  It is freaking awesome.  I had one of these opened and one where each of the toys were sealed on their cards.  It is worth huge dollars to us rough ridin' nerds (aka Japanese boys that look like girls that are really boys).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/transformers-g1-monstructor-100-complete-/151096891144?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item232e139708#ht_64wt_1170

IMO he should not be in the "selling" mode but should be trying to buy up the missing pieces for this mother.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2013, 02:15:05 PM »
Here is a complete Monstructor.  It is freaking awesome.  I had one of these opened and one where each of the toys were sealed on their cards.  It is worth huge dollars to us rough ridin' nerds (aka Japanese boys that look like girls that are really boys).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/transformers-g1-monstructor-100-complete-/151096891144?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item232e139708#ht_64wt_1170

IMO he should not be in the "selling" mode but should be trying to buy up the missing pieces for this mother.

no girl wants to sleep with some loser with half a pricless ($30) toy.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2013, 02:21:02 PM »

no girl wants to sleep with some loser with half a pricless ($30) toy.

I can think of a few girls that will at least deliver a solid handy j for $30.  The glass is always half full.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Online puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS :kstategrad:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2013, 09:00:41 PM »
Who would of thought a thread about go bots would be the leader for thread of the year this late in 2013?

Online puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
In Which Dr Blumpkin PhD Identifies and Appraises YOUR Transformers
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2013, 09:08:09 PM »
ok these little bastards are SMALL. like bigger than micro machines but smaller than hot wheels.

then turn from CARS and JEEPS and MINIVANS and crap into rough ridin' dudes. see below:

car mode

rough ridin' dudes mode

hundreds each? thousands total?

This is a pretty solid micromasters Transformers pod here.  It looks as though you have a few from the Off-road patrol and the Sports Car Patrol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Off-Road-Patrol-Micromaster-100-Complete-1989-Hasbro-G1-Transformers-/121161710441?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c35ccfb69#ht_367wt_1170

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sports-Car-Patrol-Micromaster-100-Complete-1989-Vintage-G1-Transformers-/200959281258?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2eca1b486a#ht_1863wt_932

With these figures...you should get between 10 to 20 bucks for them.  Usually they range at about 2 to 3 dollars a piece.  There are a few of these micromasters that are really rare and worth more, but these are fairly common (but in great shape).

I found one more of these after the picture. But wait... What if I told you there is also a semi truck that transforms into a dude AND A TRAILER THAT TURNES INTO A rough ridin' JET?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:16:22 PM by puniraptor »

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2013, 09:27:54 PM »
:excited: :popcorn:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2013, 09:29:17 PM »
MOAR

Online puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
In Which Dr Blumpkin PhD Identifies and Appraises YOUR Transformers
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2013, 09:49:12 PM »
OMG put both hands up if you are ready for a DUNE BUGGY!

You will be the talk of the Randolph ORV park shredding the flint hills in this son of bitch:

But..... If you say the majick word this B will turn into a dude that could be your friend :

I just can't believe how cool this dude is and I'm sure you can't either.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2013, 08:33:36 AM »

I found one more of these after the picture. But wait... What if I told you there is also a semi truck that transforms into a dude AND A TRAILER THAT TURNES INTO A rough ridin' JET?

This sounds like a pretty bitchin micromaster Transformer named Overload.  Check out this ebay listing to confirm, but I am pretty sure this is your boy.  Worth around 8 to 15 bucks.  Not bad!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-G1-Micromasters-Overload-Hasbro-1989-/251329015272?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a84606de8#ht_133wt_1141
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2013, 08:43:25 AM »
OMG put both hands up if you are ready for a DUNE BUGGY!

You will be the talk of the Randolph ORV park shredding the flint hills in this son of bitch:

But..... If you say the majick word this B will turn into a dude that could be your friend :

I just can't believe how cool this dude is and I'm sure you can't either.

Look at this bad ass dune buggy.  With it's amazing rollover bar set-up to protect you when you rock those bitching 360s in the flint hills, this steadfast off-roading vehicle has the sweet blue and gray design to assist you with getting digits from the fillies.  This all-terrain vehicle has a set of bright beems that will allow you to BBS at night and shine a light on that one special filly's high beems that you have been eyeing.  Enjoy the day with a ride on the beach and eff up giant Japanese looking Kaiju monsters while in robot mode at night.  Do the right thing and protect the world today.

Beachcomber can be yours for the low price of 14.95 to 22.95.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beachcomber-Transformers-Generation-1-Vintage-Action-Figure-1-/310738197069?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4859709a4d#ht_1984wt_1170
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »
Puniraptor's beachcomber is damaged, though. Nobody is going to pay market value for that.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2013, 10:01:42 AM »
Puniraptor's beachcomber is damaged, though. Nobody is going to pay market value for that.

The beachcomber Puniraptor has isn't that damaged.  There is some sticker wear, but otherwise it is in good shape.  It is the dark blue version of beachcomber (the second wave had a lighter version of the blue plastic).  Both versions are worth the same amount of money though.  Book value on it is between 15 and 23 bucks.  This one would probably sell between 10 and 15 dollars on ebay due to the sticker wear.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2013, 10:05:34 AM »
if we ever make a transformers board, blump is the mod of it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2013, 10:09:59 AM »
Why are transformers worth money but all of Puni's complete crap Go-Bots aren't?  Doesn't seem fair.

The unspoken racism towards Go-Bots needs to be brought to the light.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »
Why are transformers worth money but all of Puni's complete crap Go-Bots aren't?  Doesn't seem fair.

The unspoken racism towards Go-Bots needs to be brought to the light.

LOL...Go-Bots were always the AIDS of the transforming robots. 

Transformers were made by Hasbro and Takara (both owned by Disney today).  In the 1970s, Transformers were made in Japan and they were called Diaclones and Micro Men.  For example, the Optimus Prime toy is a red semi, and his chest opens up.  Well, in Japan, this toy was a Micro Men toy and a little silver dude went in there.  Anyhoo, Stan Lee went to Japan for an X-Men gig and thought he could make a comic book from these toys.  Micro Men/diaclones were already huge in Japan, so when they were rebranded Transformers they were just as big.  Marvel made the USA comics and kids loved them.  The cartoon then came and Transformers owned the market share. 

Go-Bots were made in the USA by Tonka.  Tonka had no clue how to compete.  Bandai (the company that made Voltron) had the Japanese version, but they were made to try and compete with Transformers.  The problem was that Voltron was taking Baindai's resources, while GI Joe and Transformers were all that Hasbro had.  GI Joe was so huge in the US already, Transformers used that success thus Go-Bots failed in the US.  No worries though, Power Rangers were made by Bandai so they had the last laugh.

Thus, today, we are racist toward Go-Bots.  Really though, Transformers are the most popular international toy in the world today which increases the demand (raising prices).  Go-Bots don't have the same demand.  The very first Transformers was made in 1974.  Very few toys have the distinction of, almost 40 years later, being available today at local retailers in countries around the world.

Transformers are :ksugrad: and Go-Bots are Flood Aggie.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2013, 10:31:56 AM »
GI Joe and Transformers b2b was some awesome tv in the 80s and the main reason I leaned how to tell time.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »
In Japan, people jerk off to Transformers so much that even Nike has a transforming shoe.  They are called Nike Convoys (Convoy is Optimus Prime in the land of the rising sun).  The shoe transforms from robot to shoe. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »
How rough ridin' long have they had those and why on erf has the U.S. been denied them?  That is bullshit.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2013, 10:39:03 AM »
If Frank was still here, you can be sure we would have Transformer shoes on our baller feet.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2013, 10:50:05 AM »
Another example of Japan jerking off to Transformers.  Behold the Ultra Magnus Transformers Ipod sound station.

[attachment deleted by admin]
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2013, 10:50:54 AM »
What about the rough ridin' shoes, man?  Why are we just learning about them? 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2013, 10:53:05 AM »
What about the rough ridin' shoes, man?  Why are we just learning about them?

Hahahaha...they've been around since 2007.  They are bad ass.  Frank the tank missed out on these beasts.  Not sure why they never came to the US.  We really missed out.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2013, 11:00:34 AM »
blump- ***true story alert****

when my friends and i were little we would play with transformers and make fun of gobots. enevitably though, christmas would come and someone's grandma or something would go to k-mart and get them a gobot thinking they were a transformer and then you'd just lol but also feel so bad for the kid that got stuck with the gobot. it happened to me once. i was irate trying to explain that they were nowhere close to the same thing.

anyway we (fourth grade?) were also convinced that the gobot company heard about what the transformer company was getting ready to do so they made an inferior transformer, called it a gobot and rushed them to market. the transformer people took their time, created a better product and won out in the end. anyway, that was what we thought when we were ten.

also- this is a kind of entertaining article that i just read when googling to make sure that gobots did in fact precede transformers and that 9 year old daris had his facts (stats) straight.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/04/8_things_you_didnt_know_about_gobots_and_probably.php

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2013, 11:23:18 AM »
blump- ***true story alert****

when my friends and i were little we would play with transformers and make fun of gobots. enevitably though, christmas would come and someone's grandma or something would go to k-mart and get them a gobot thinking they were a transformer and then you'd just lol but also feel so bad for the kid that got stuck with the gobot. it happened to me once. i was irate trying to explain that they were nowhere close to the same thing.

anyway we (fourth grade?) were also convinced that the gobot company heard about what the transformer company was getting ready to do so they made an inferior transformer, called it a gobot and rushed them to market. the transformer people took their time, created a better product and won out in the end. anyway, that was what we thought when we were ten.

also- this is a kind of entertaining article that i just read when googling to make sure that gobots did in fact precede transformers and that 9 year old daris had his facts (stats) straight.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/04/8_things_you_didnt_know_about_gobots_and_probably.php

That is a great article!  My first transforming robot I remember getting was from my grandma too...it was a white spaceship named Spay-C.  I love the crap out of this toy and my dad bought me some Transformers.  My first Transformer was Megatron...a black and silver Walter-P38.  Other kids I knew had those pussy Go-Bots guns that were like blue and red.  I pulled out my Transformers piece and got instant street cred.  Effing A Cotton, I remember hooking up the silencer, scope and arm bar on Megatron and I felt like a pimp ready to slap a sass talking hoe.  Those were the days.

rd, you are right.  In the US, gobots did precede Transformers by one year.  That wasn't the case in Japan.  Gobots rushed their product to the market with a terrible story line.  Transformers was very thought out and had Marvel comics on their side.  Hasbro was already killing it with GI Joe, and Transformers dominated the robot market.  Go-bots were stuck in the 70s with their toy designs, while Transformers were bitching with actual military jets, real looking weapons/cars.  Go-bots had no shot.  I am pretty sure that Transformers actually bought Go-bots out in the 90s just to put the final middle finger to their bull crap competitors.

If anyone remembers Battle Beasts in the US (like little creatures that had weapons and stuff, and you could rub their chest to reveal whether the monster was earth, wind, water or fire), those were also Transformers in Japan.  Not so much in the US, but they are another awesome toy you can thank Transformers for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Beasts
#OperationMotorBoatCindy