Author Topic: tailgate terrace  (Read 12987 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
tailgate terrace
« on: August 22, 2013, 08:21:13 AM »
just what in the world is this thing?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: tailgate terrace
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »
ok so i'm going to up the "auntie" here. 5 gE points to the first person that can walk into this thread and adequately explain what in the world this "tailgate terrace" is and how it works. also, these points are better than regular gE points because they have no expiration date and can be combined with other offers.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:40:53 AM by rick daris »

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 08:40:22 AM »
Sorry, brah. First rule of tailgate terrace...

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 08:42:42 AM »
it is a terrace for tailgating

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 08:43:07 AM »
and for ahearn fund members

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 08:43:53 AM »
tailgate terrace ?  more like tailgate terrance

my alter ego when tailgating pak'd

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 08:45:24 AM »
For the first game I got my 4 game tickets, and then 4 separate tickets to the tailgate terrace (Ahearn Donor). I have no clue what it entails and can find no information about it. Probably just sell booze and that's it would be my guess.

this is all the ksu website says: The Tailgate Terrace will be a great place to enjoy the unique tailgate atmosphere of a K-State gameday."

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 08:56:57 AM »
Fancy name for the parking lot?  :dunno:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 09:03:01 AM »
For the first game I got my 4 game tickets, and then 4 separate tickets to the tailgate terrace (Ahearn Donor). I have no clue what it entails and can find no information about it. Probably just sell booze and that's it would be my guess.

this is all the ksu website says: The Tailgate Terrace will be a great place to enjoy the unique tailgate atmosphere of a K-State gameday."

This litrally makes no sense. Everyone know that what makes the tailgate atmosphere so unique at K-State is the miles of uninterrupted asphalt, yellow parking barriers, and nary a tree to create logistical nightmares. How do you enjoy any of that from a terrace?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 09:05:56 AM »
so let's say that you are looking at bsfs and there is that 2nd floor type terrace in front w/ all the tv's and whatnot. on the backside of the front wall there are a couple of concession stands that looked like they might have beer taps when i walked around there the other day. do you think that's the tailgate terrace? like if you are ahearn donor and you have season tickets then you get a ticket to go stand around up there and watch the tv's and drink a beer before and during the game. like it's part of the stadium kind of but you have to have a second "tailgate terrace" ticket to get into it and you can't actually watch the game from it?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 09:09:42 AM »
daris do you want me to hold your hand next friday and go check it out with you?

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 09:10:07 AM »
so let's say that you are looking at bsfs and there is that 2nd floor type terrace in front w/ all the tv's and whatnot. on the backside of the front wall there are a couple of concession stands that looked like they might have beer taps when i walked around there the other day. do you think that's the tailgate terrace? like if you are ahearn donor and you have season tickets then you get a ticket to go stand around up there and watch the tv's and drink a beer before and during the game. like it's part of the stadium kind of but you have to have a second "tailgate terrace" ticket to get into it and you can't actually watch the game from it?

Ticket says: GOSS FAMILY TERRACES OPEN 4 HOURS PRIOR TO KICK-OFF MUST PRESENT THIS TICKET WITH A GAME TICKET FOR ENTRY

I mean they HAVE to sell booze. 4 hours before the game what on earth would people do?

Edit: Alright just called ahearn fund line. It is basically an outdoor bar that sells beer and wine with tv's for people that may want to watch other games. It is also open at half time. I will be doing this probably 1 hour prior to game.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:13:43 AM by JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 09:12:53 AM »

Ticket says: GOSS FAMILY TERRACES OPEN 4 HOURS PRIOR TO KICK-OFF MUST PRESENT THIS TICKET WITH A GAME TICKET FOR ENTRY

I mean they HAVE to sell booze. 4 hours before the game what on earth would people do?

boom that's it then because that area does say goss family terrace. i wonder if it closes at game time or is open throughout the whole game. i wonder if they'll have important games on with sound or just games and party music? or no games and volleyball reruns of our recent volleyball match against siu.

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 09:14:48 AM »

boom that's it then because that area does say goss family terrace. i wonder if it closes at game time or is open throughout the whole game. i wonder if they'll have important games on with sound or just games and party music? or no games and volleyball reruns of our recent volleyball match against siu.

Can you redeem my points or do I need to go through HR?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 09:32:39 AM »
i think i would rather binge in the parking lots, but then again, :kstategrad:

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 10:09:38 AM »

Is the TT open to all ahearn donors, or just loge/suite folks? Did your TT tickets come with your game tickets package, or a separate mailing?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 10:14:41 AM »
Sorry, brah. First rule of tailgate terrace...

this.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »
you have to be a $5,000 annual donor, and then get a tailgate terrace ticket for every season ticket on that account

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 10:16:27 AM »
you have to be a $5,000 annual donor, and then get a tailgate terrace ticket for every season ticket on that account

pfffft.  I call that couch cushion money.

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »

I loved this post. I want to know more about Terrance. What does he drink? what his his tailgate/fashion do's/dont's. Does he shoot controversial half sci-fi half Americana tailgate cell phone videos?

Also, there is the matter of the goEMAW points. I'm in a bad way with a few people and need them ASAP.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »

It closes before kickoff and then opens up again during halftime. Very similar to what the Legends Room is like at basketball games.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 01:23:02 PM »
Which unfortunately probably means the days of stadium re-entry at BSFS are numbered...

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »

I loved this post. I want to know more about Terrance. What does he drink? what his his tailgate/fashion do's/dont's. Does he shoot controversial half sci-fi half Americana tailgate cell phone videos?

Also, there is the matter of the goEMAW points. I'm in a bad way with a few people and need them ASAP.

i filled out the paperwork and forwarded it to our points director. she's out of the office today though and won't be back until monday.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
Buy 'em for just $17 here www.ticketspot.com

Get a 12.5% rebate on your purchase if you sign up & click through to Ticketspot.com through this site here http://www.topcashback.com/ref/robderhak

Also use coupon code "AUGFAM" when checking out to save an additional 10%

Wabash909 & some other elites will be PAKing in there (Non-elites like me will be tagging along as well)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
Buy 'em for just $17 here www.ticketspot.com

Get a 12.5% rebate on your purchase if you sign up & click through to Ticketspot.com through this site here http://www.topcashback.com/ref/robderhak

Also use coupon code "AUGFAM" when checking out to save an additional 10%

Wabash909 & some other elites will be PAKing in there (Non-elites like me will be tagging along as well)

virus
@mikec2w