Author Topic: The KU Rayhawks are NOT going through a rough patch. They make Raytown, Missouri proud!  (Read 3539080 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
ku fans totally crap talking Cure because he went on an official at KSU is not going well
ku fans are super rojo faced about avery dancing in tiktok videos

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
ku fans totally crap talking Cure because he went on an official at KSU is not going well
ku fans are super rojo faced about avery dancing in tiktok videos

I, for one, am enraged about it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Yikes, I just read some reactions on the phog and they appear to be very homophobic
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
"I keep seeing new posts in this thread and think there is some recruiting updates from the weekend... only to find people posting videos of KSU players and consternation over them MAYBE landing a recruit.

C'mon guys we're better than that - who cares what is happening in Taterville? We got a damned good football team finally and tons of momentum going into this upcoming season. We're recruiting our azzes off and we should be focused on how we're going to roll into Mancrappin this Fall and finally get that purple monkey off our back by beating the crap out of those hayseeds.

For now on let's use this thread for KU recruiting. If you want to talk about KSU players dancing start a different thread."

- the phog's recruiting thread

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
This is, without a doubt, my favorite phog talking point.

Cure will bump K-State's class rating enough that the delusional taters will keep believing that we're not overtaking them, but our overall class will still end up better than theirs (again).

It gets said ad nauseum every year because of whatever change has happened for either team; coaches, players, schemes, star signs...

Personally, I am impressed by their dedication to this fantasy.

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I’m very proud of the improvement our brothers to the East continue to show but until they stop finding new and creative ways to drop 15 straight against us, consider me a “delusional” doubter.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
They ought to be focused on the fact that they lost 1/3 of their coaching staff during the offseason, including their golden child OC, who was replaced by the OC that Baylor just fired for being terrible.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cross post with the stadium thread

I know this dudes account only exists for trolling and engagement farming, but goddamn

https://x.com/M_Vernon/status/1805444859031138701

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
cross post with the stadium thread

I know this dudes account only exists for trolling and engagement farming, but goddamn

https://x.com/M_Vernon/status/1805444859031138701

With UNW spending 800 million on the new stadium, they are going to be a powerhouse in the big 10.  BTW they beat UU in a bowl last season.  Some are putting Utah as the top school in the Big XII.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
$800m - or about what you have to spend these days to build a completed outdoor stadium that seats between 35k-40k that hasn't been value engineered to death.

EMAW elites reporting their firm(s) are working on both projects. One put it as such - KU: Food Stamps  NW: Dubai First Royal Master Card

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
I are engineer... M.E. class of '10

What I keep racking my mind with, is I've been on numerous multimillion dollar projects. It doesn't matter how much planning you do beforehand, or how many laser scans or 3D models you make, when it comes to the actual fabrication and construction of these things, there's always multiple square pegs that get built for round holes, always. It happens with renovations or new construction, doesn't matter. The number of issues though, and the severity of those issues, is usually directly correlated to the planning, funding, aptitude, and leadership of the project (obviously). I have seen how corners have been cut in order to either preserve schedules or mitigate cost overruns. Some of these corrections are unnoticeable or easily forgotten. Others, I still chuckle about as I walk by as the general public has no idea how much lipstick got put on that particular pig to make it acceptable. Again, it happens.

However, this project is only 7 months underway from when demolition started and to date:
They're behind schedule to the point that they had to forgo all home games this year (not in the original plan)
They're already needing an additional +$100 million (funding was never secured)
They have abandoned immediate plans for the remaining 1/3 of the stadium (just know that it will be done... at some point)

This is what prompted my previous question of what is their plan for connecting to the existing part of the old stadium? I'm sure there's a solution in place, but it continues to look more and more like a botched job.

And the need for that much additional funding after things have started... A project like this should be done on a lump sum basis. That way materials and personnel can be contracted, prices locked in, and schedules/resources can be planned and allocated accordingly. Surely they would not have done this on a T&M basis. I wouldn't even know how you could audit a project like this in such a manner. Were they hoping that more money would be pledged if people saw progress???

I could be getting way ahead of myself because they haven't finished pouring concrete and there's plenty of steel left to go. I just know that if I was in charge of this, I'd be starting to be concerned about the final product.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Is Max Urick secretly in change of this thing?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
They are doing the best they can, I don't know why everyone has to be so critical

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between idiocy and a scam.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between idiocy and a scam.

i'm an optimist, so i'm gunna refer to Hanlon's Razor for this one.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What I keep racking my mind with, is I've been on numerous multimillion dollar projects. It doesn't matter how much planning you do beforehand, or how many laser scans or 3D models you make, when it comes to the actual fabrication and construction of these things, there's always multiple square pegs that get built for round holes, always. It happens with renovations or new construction, doesn't matter. The number of issues though, and the severity of those issues, is usually directly correlated to the planning, funding, aptitude, and leadership of the project (obviously). I have seen how corners have been cut in order to either preserve schedules or mitigate cost overruns. Some of these corrections are unnoticeable or easily forgotten. Others, I still chuckle about as I walk by as the general public has no idea how much lipstick got put on that particular pig to make it acceptable. Again, it happens.

However, this project is only 7 months underway from when demolition started and to date:
They're behind schedule to the point that they had to forgo all home games this year (not in the original plan)
They have abandoned immediate plans for the remaining 1/3 of the stadium (just know that it will be done... at some point)

This is what prompted my previous question of what is their plan for connecting to the existing part of the old stadium? I'm sure there's a solution in place, but it continues to look more and more like a botched job.

And the need for that much additional funding after things have started... A project like this should be done on a lump sum basis. That way materials and personnel can be contracted, prices locked in, and schedules/resources can be planned and allocated accordingly. Surely they would not have done this on a T&M basis. I wouldn't even know how you could audit a project like this in such a manner. Were they hoping that more money would be pledged if people saw progress???

I could be getting way ahead of myself because they haven't finished pouring concrete and there's plenty of steel left to go. I just know that if I was in charge of this, I'd be starting to be concerned about the final product.

Can you condense this to 2-3 sentences? I'm not going to read this.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile

Based on my experience with similar priced and scope construction endeavors , I am concerned our brothers to the east may have taken on more than they can handle, or possibly have the wrong people overseeing things. There are numerous indications that this was not well thought or planned out. There should not be these kinds of large problems this early into the project.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I appreciate your compliance. The fact is, though, that we've broken ground, and it's too late to go back. We'll take out bonds or steal more money from K-State if it comes to that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
To think once upon a time this was all going to be paid for by a couple of KU BMD's just tipping their respective couches and sending in what came out from under the cushions. . .

SMDH . . . sad  :frown:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Based on my experience with similar priced and scope construction endeavors , I am concerned our brothers to the east may have taken on more than they can handle, or possibly have the wrong people overseeing things. There are numerous indications that this was not well thought or planned out. There should not be these kinds of large problems this early into the project.
i don’t know anything about construction but what you’re describing is just noise. 

the project will be completed. whatever that actually means in this case is really fuzzy, but they’re going to have something, and whatever that is will be exponentially better than what they had.  from what i’ve seen, it is no comparison to what we have, which is essentially the best luxury cruise ship in kansas. but it will be good for a fledgling football club.

no one here should look at the construction cameras and not be excited.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I appreciate your compliance. The fact is, though, that we've broken ground, and it's too late to go back. We'll take out bonds or steal more money from K-State if it comes to that.

NO THANKS!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
To think once upon a time this was all going to be paid for by a couple of KU BMD's just tipping their respective couches and sending in what came out from under the cushions. . .

SMDH . . . sad  :frown:
Until they picked up that bill self call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I know I'd shell out some donation money for KU since I attend a game there once every other year. If I did a break down of how much I contribute to K-State football over the course of two seasons, divided it by 14, it'd equal (roughly) what I pay per game attended and I'd be okay donating that. And if all K-State season ticket holders did this they could build TWO new "KU standard" stadiums, or half of a "K-State standard" stadium, and we'd be out what is a very minuscule (to us) amount of money.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I like the way you think Stevesie60, "it takes a village"