Author Topic: The KU Rayhawks are NOT going through a rough patch. They make Raytown, Missouri proud!  (Read 3499890 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Leipold's agent is reading up on "first to breach" law.

prior material breach?

the one and only

If you clearly breach, it's a damn hard argument to make.

ummm, yes?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Did LL's contract require that KU build a COMPLETE stadium? If not, I worry he was outmaneuvered here.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
KU is so popular nationally I bet everyone starts doing the half built stadium thing just to look cool
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
KU's swung and missed on prior material breach arguments before IIRC

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I had only heard of the portion of his contract stating that the stadium had to be substantially in the process of it's upgrade by last October. 

This is like when you find a lamp, rub it, find a genie in it, wish to be the best guitar player in the world, and instead of the genie making you super good at playing guitar he just kills or maims all other ppl that know how to play the guitar.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
That’s one mumped up genie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Just like genies, you gotta watch those KU stadium contract clauses.  Better clearly state what you want.

If I was LL's agent, I wouldn't have made them jump to some rushed bullshit, I would have wanted a clause saying that if a new stadium(fill in minimum size and quality stuff here) isn't done by 2026(or whatever), then they owe LL $50M bonus, or something.

Let them do the process right.  If they don't you hit the lottery. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Has anyone looked into whether LL has some kind of bad blood with KU and only took the job so he could win 5 games, become a legend, and force them to botch a massive stadium upgrade?

If so, sounds like KU might have their contractual out right there.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Leipold's agent is reading up on "first to breach" law.
things will never get that far.  i’d be shocked if PSYCHO LANCE isn’t fired before this season is over for either a) capital murder or/and b) poor performance

he’s a dead man walking either way

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Has anyone looked into whether LL has some kind of bad blood with KU and only took the job so he could win 5 games, become a legend, and force them to botch a massive stadium upgrade?

You fool! We went 9-4 last year.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
East Stadium - For those seeking the Mad Max post apocalyptic experience

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile

I remember!  Very exciting.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You fool! The contract with the stadium upgrade clause was signed in November 2022.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

You fool! The contract with the stadium upgrade clause was signed in November 2022.

When we went 6-7 and lost in overtime in the Liberty Bowl. That was still a ticker-tape parade, based on the prior dozen years.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
You can bet his agent didn't negotiate a half assed half stadium and is currently seething.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
It's their most promising season in program history and they don't play a single game at home. Lance did this to himself and made the squawks rush this boondoggle.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
It's their most promising season in program history and they don't play a single game at home. Lance did this to himself and made the squawks rush this boondoggle.

Did he?  He is literally pre-writing the excuses and giving himself an out of his contract because they built half of an unoriginal texas HS stadium.

LL won't be denied.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I believe the contract language only mentions the start of substantial upgrades by a certain date. Penny pincher Lance went with a budget lawyer and mumped himself and embarrassed the school at the same time.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I bet Bill Self recommended this lawyer, knowing that this would turn into a boondoggle and all the delicious donor money would soon run back to basketball out of embarrassment.  Bill is a chess player. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Rumor has it that self has torpedoed this thing with a lot of the money donors because he thinks it’s such a waste of money. He’s pointing at what Kstate is doing with nil and telling them to quit sinking their money into football.

Don’t shoot the messenger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Football is known to make Bill rage.  It's pretty well known that LL is always so mad because Bill is constantly all over LL about donor money, coach hierarchy at KU, etc.  I guess Bill is super agro and alpha about it.  He's an animal and LL is at the end of his rope, which makes him just snap at refs for nothing. 

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I heard from a source that Self was actually coaching up Calipari a few years ago on what to do when Kentucky football got good. And, we all saw what Cal did - tried to publicly torpedo the football team's progress. Then, he bolted before he could get fired.

Better watch your back, Lance.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'll go back to an earlier post where I mentioned that in the know EMAW elites have said that various other athletic facilities projects or components of other projects are being put on indefinite hold. One component that was hinted at was a center video board for AFH. The rep for the vendor is a KU alum and he's been working on this one for a long time. Both the video system at AFH and their baseball stadium are at the end of their life span.

Somebody within their donor ranks drove a tear down/rebuild/MLSification of KUMS, and I'm sure that person has the initials of CI.

The Dax plan would have put this thing to bed years ago at $225 million, tops.  Our KU football brethren could have been enjoying new concessions, restrooms and other amenities for years now, instead of enduring piss rivers and porta potties.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
I'll go back to an earlier post where I mentioned that in the know EMAW elites have said that various other athletic facilities projects or components of other projects are being put on indefinite hold. One component that was hinted at was a center video board for AFH. The rep for the vendor is a KU alum and he's been working on this one for a long time. Both the video system at AFH and their baseball stadium are at the end of their life span.

Somebody within their donor ranks drove a tear down/rebuild/MLSification of KUMS, and I'm sure that person has the initials of CI.

The Dax plan would have put this thing to bed years ago at $225 million, tops.  Our KU football brethren could have been enjoying new concessions, restrooms and other amenities for years now, instead of enduring piss rivers and porta potties.
Cliff’s Leawood home recently experienced a rather large fire that did significant damage.  No one was hurt, fortunately, but I would guess his priorities as it relates to construction related matters are focused on his family’s home.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

Cliff’s Leawood home recently experienced a rather large fire that did significant damage.  No one was hurt, fortunately, but I would guess his priorities as it relates to construction related matters are focused on his family’s home.
Insurance fraud?