Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3219857 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Renting them BSFS for a year would be great on so many levels.

They think our luxury boxes look like cruise ship, so we could make it like a vacation cruise theme for them.  "Hey, how about a luxury year long cruse vacation away from the greatest setting in college football."  It's funny on several levels.  You see, the first level is "who on earth would want a vacation away from the greatest spot in college football!?!? LOL NO ONE LEAVES PARADISE FOR A VACATION AWAY FROM PARADISE!"  Then there are other levels of how it's funny.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I feel like some of you are just gEing about ku playing at the bill but their fans are seriously debating it on the phog. Did the ad do a little "damage control" leak to get the hawk fanatics used to the idea?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I feel like some of you are just gEing about ku playing at the bill but their fans are seriously debating it on the phog. Did the ad do a little "damage control" leak to get the hawk fanatics used to the idea?

I’m not gE’n. I know it’s really unlikely, but it really would be sweet. I mean, we could prob charge them a lot of $$$, and it could be worked out logistically.

Would also be great for Manhattan businesses.

Would be a total big bro move as well.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

I’m not gE’n. I know it’s really unlikely, but it really would be sweet. I mean, we could prob charge them a lot of $$$, and it could be worked out logistically.

it honestly makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons, and is probably why it won't happen.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
How much do we think we could actually charge them for a per-game rental?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Also, I didn’t know about them talking about it on Phog until lib posted it. Just pulled it out of my butt.

Checked the thread and the butthurt would be worth it alone.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I agree, brothers share!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think the only thing stopping it would be their pride. Otherwise it's a rough ridin' great idea.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Honest question; how worried would we have to be about vandalism and potential violence? I’m talking at the stadium, and also around the city?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

it honestly makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons, and is probably why it won't happen.
Sums up my feelings exactly.

Although I can see the point that KU fans are pretty heavily concentrated in KC and probably not used to traveling much at all for a FB game, so the extra couple hours to Manhattan (while safely still in the state of Kansas) might be a hard sell.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Sums up my feelings exactly.

Although I can see the point that KU fans are pretty heavily concentrated in KC and probably not used to traveling much at all for a FB game, so the extra couple hours to Manhattan (while safely still in the state of Kansas) might be a hard sell.

Either they spend their money in MHK and create a season-long biz boom, or they do the same in the state of Missourah. Cut the pickle, tickle tickle!

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
If they win a game as the home team are their fans allowed to tear down our goal posts? I mean I know we did it to them that one time but this is different

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
No reason they shouldn't be allowed to have fun

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's what the deposit is for
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
According to ChatGPT, the goal posts have never been torn down at Arrowhead.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Honest question; how worried would we have to be about vandalism and potential violence? I’m talking at the stadium, and also around the city?
Can you imagine how many little sharpie hawks and dongs and hawks with dongs they’d draw all over our stadium?  I don’t want that filthy fan base infesting my family friendly Kansas State University.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
The B12 should move all of their home games to Friday so the chiefs have an extra needed day to clean up the mess.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I wonder if KU has asked KSU if they could play games in Manhattan?

I don't want to have to look at that awful turf on the TV

ku games won't be on tv so you are IN LUCK!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I think the only thing stopping it would be their pride. Otherwise it's a rough ridin' great idea.

they are already begging us and it is shameful.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
According to ChatGPT, the goal posts have never been torn down at Arrowhead.
Be a little bit of a jaunt to toss it into a river from there

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I am against letting them use the Bill.  That will just get their hopes up as to what their new stadium will be.  They will get used to a great stadium experience, great parking availability, smooth traffic in and out.  No way that is fair to them.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
I am against letting them use the Bill.  That will just get their hopes up as to what their new stadium will be.  They will get used to a great stadium experience, great parking availability, smooth traffic in and out.  No way that is fair to them.

The same thing is going to happen to them if they actually work out a deal with Arrowhead.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

The same thing is going to happen to them if they actually work out a deal with Arrowhead.

Sure, but they won't clock it the same. 

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Big squawks announcement 1/30/2024
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Big squawks announcement 1/30/2024

History Awaits!