Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3222500 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #26050 on: November 30, 2023, 05:39:43 PM »
they are enraged by this pretty insignificant defection

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #26051 on: November 30, 2023, 05:41:54 PM »
Idk, this might set them back a few years
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26052 on: November 30, 2023, 05:42:46 PM »

He had to resort to his super bowl and every gimmick in the book to still lose to a K-State defense that literally hates to tackle anyone

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26053 on: November 30, 2023, 05:44:11 PM »

He had to resort to his super bowl and every gimmick in the book to still lose to a K-State defense that literally hates to tackle anyone

And then watch Iowa rough ridin' State obliterate that same defense. 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26054 on: November 30, 2023, 06:24:07 PM »
I was dead wrong about him staying with Lance
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26055 on: November 30, 2023, 07:55:36 PM »
Lateral move, dumb
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26056 on: November 30, 2023, 08:05:44 PM »
Lateral move, dumb
some coaches want to be a part of a team that has a fan base

imagine motley crue playing in front of empty arenas during the pinnacle of their career. 

this move can be pinned directly on the chest of every ku alumni ever.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26057 on: November 30, 2023, 08:07:01 PM »
Scott Pollard rough ridin' called it.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26058 on: November 30, 2023, 08:18:28 PM »
https://twitter.com/KU_Football/status/1730331516587151426

I had no idea Jordan Peterson coached football, they have to be worried about losing him to aggie

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26059 on: November 30, 2023, 08:20:56 PM »
KU just promoted their 2 best assistant coaches. Leipold is an offensive guy. This move isn't going to hurt KU at all. If anything, it is a convenient way to try to keep two guys that are very valuable to the program.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26060 on: November 30, 2023, 08:34:08 PM »
As “co” defensive coordinator you have to imagine Jordan Peterson isn’t going to be doing anything other than firing up the guys during timeouts. I don’t think he has the time or experience to draw up coverages.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26061 on: November 30, 2023, 08:35:09 PM »
Is ku on the all meat diet?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26062 on: November 30, 2023, 09:10:52 PM »
Barbituate fest over there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26063 on: December 01, 2023, 04:41:17 AM »
I was dead wrong about him staying with Lance
Yeah, didn't get your resistance on that when it was obvious a move to a bigger, brighter venue would give him the visibility to get a HC paycheck. I woud argue Iowa offers less risk than Penn State, as their offense is so bad any half-ass competent OC would be a significant upgrade.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26064 on: December 01, 2023, 08:56:03 AM »
Honestly, my guess is the move had less to do with money (though, some to do with money, of course), and more to do with future hc aspirations.  I've been impressed with KU's scheme since Lance and co. got there, but I don't really know who was the secret sauce.  Lance? Andy?  Hard to tell.  Who is the brains behind that operation?

If Kotelnicki wanted to be a head coach, that's probably what dings him.  Him being able to replicate that kind of impressive production somewhere (really anywhere) else without Lance gives him the chance to show ADs that he's smart on his own. That's one thing Klein, for instance, doesn't really have to wrestle with because Klieman doesn't have an offensive background (whereas Lance dicked around as an OC for no-name programs in the past).  Doing it for probably $1.5m+ at a high profile spot is a chance for him to prove his merit to become a HC.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26065 on: December 01, 2023, 09:01:24 AM »
never heard of this hotelicki guy until yesterday

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26066 on: December 01, 2023, 09:34:35 AM »

I had no idea Jordan Peterson coached football, they have to be worried about losing him to aggie

Could someone explain to me how "co" coordinators work? Do they alternate between series? Does one handle things on one side of the field while the other gets the call when the team crosses the 50? Perhaps one gets 1st down calls while the other gets 2nd and 3rd?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26067 on: December 01, 2023, 09:35:44 AM »
Lateral move, dumb

Hmmmm.....more money, greater visibility in a more prominent program, not coaching in a half-empty stadium for half the games.  Seems like a pretty good lateral move. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26068 on: December 01, 2023, 09:37:29 AM »
Honestly, my guess is the move had less to do with money (though, some to do with money, of course), and more to do with future hc aspirations.  I've been impressed with KU's scheme since Lance and co. got there, but I don't really know who was the secret sauce.  Lance? Andy?  Hard to tell.  Who is the brains behind that operation?

If Kotelnicki wanted to be a head coach, that's probably what dings him.  Him being able to replicate that kind of impressive production somewhere (really anywhere) else without Lance gives him the chance to show ADs that he's smart on his own. That's one thing Klein, for instance, doesn't really have to wrestle with because Klieman doesn't have an offensive background (whereas Lance dicked around as an OC for no-name programs in the past).  Doing it for probably $1.5m+ at a high profile spot is a chance for him to prove his merit to become a HC.
Yes I think it’s basically a Bienemy situation. If he replicates that success at Penn State he’ll land a decent HC gig.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26069 on: December 01, 2023, 09:45:00 AM »

Could someone explain to me how "co" coordinators work? Do they alternate between series? Does one handle things on one side of the field while the other gets the call when the team crosses the 50? Perhaps one gets 1st down calls while the other gets 2nd and 3rd?

Not sure if you're serious, but there's more to "running the offense," than "deciding what play to call."  Generally, in co-situations, only one is responsible for play-calling.  Both are responsible (in varying degrees) for scheme and personnel decisions, leading practices, etc. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26070 on: December 01, 2023, 10:26:52 AM »

Not sure if you're serious, but there's more to "running the offense," than "deciding what play to call."  Generally, in co-situations, only one is responsible for play-calling.  Both are responsible (in varying degrees) for scheme and personnel decisions, leading practices, etc.

well then which one of these slobs is actually calling the gimmicky plays ku is known for?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26071 on: December 01, 2023, 12:03:28 PM »
one of these “co” guys’ sole responsibility is to prevent Liepold from eating the faces off of the officials during games, literally that’s it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26072 on: December 01, 2023, 12:24:49 PM »
one of these “co” guys’ sole responsibility is to prevent Liepold from eating the faces off of the officials during games, literally that’s it.

actually the harder job then cooking up flea flickers that are needed to keep it within single digits against EMAWU

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26073 on: December 01, 2023, 12:28:06 PM »
Kotelnicki's issue is going to be when - not if - Franklin starts meddling with his offense. Franklin is notorious for that and it's why AK will be Franklin's sixth OC in 11 years at PSU.

This is a high risk, high reward situation. But, as someone else pointed out, you take a slightly lower profile gig like Iowa and it's much less risky (albeit with a bit less reward too).

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26074 on: December 01, 2023, 12:37:55 PM »
Is there any talk of players (Daniels) following him? Neal can take Ward's spot.  ;)