Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3224870 times)

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
that guy was irl saying there could be world cup games in lawrence

That is hilarious on two levels. First, Lawrence does not have the infrastructure (hotels, etc) for something like that. Second, the host cities for 2026 have already been announced.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I feel like I’ve heard this story before…
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Have not read or clicked and read or watched more.

Today is a monumental day for the University of Kansas, the greater Lawrence community, our entire athletic program and, certainly, Kansas Football. It is a day for celebration, but also a time to understand the magnitude of what lies ahead for the university and this athletic department.

It is with incredible excitement and an eye toward our bright future that I share our plans to move forward with a profound development project at 11th and Mississippi streets. This project will include a transformation of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium and a significant renovation and enhancement to Anderson Family Football Complex beginning in early 2023. It will alter the landscape of our student-athlete and fan experience and will benefit the community as a whole. This “gateway” to the north entryway of campus will ultimately host multi-use space to potentially include a mix of conference and entertainment space, retail and other functions that will drive regional economic growth and enhance academic programming.

It has been a remarkable start to the 2022 football season and our program is on an exciting trajectory. It is up to each of us to ensure this continued ascension by bringing this world-class project to fruition. In doing so, we will provide Coach Lance Leipold and his program the facilities needed to continue to compete at the highest level.

This project is truly an institutional priority and will succeed due to its boldness and vision, and thanks to our donors and alumni who will invest in this bright future.

We appreciate your vital support of the University of Kansas and Kansas Athletics. We will release more information on this endeavor in the weeks and months to come. For now, I encourage you to read the news release and watch a short video HERE.

Rock Chalk!

Travis

https://kuathletics.com/11thandmississippi/

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
no rendo's?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Have not read or clicked and read or watched more.

Today is a monumental day for the University of Kansas, the greater Lawrence community, our entire athletic program and, certainly, Kansas Football. It is a day for celebration, but also a time to understand the magnitude of what lies ahead for the university and this athletic department.

It is with incredible excitement and an eye toward our bright future that I share our plans to move forward with a profound development project at 11th and Mississippi streets. This project will include a transformation of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium and a significant renovation and enhancement to Anderson Family Football Complex beginning in early 2023. It will alter the landscape of our student-athlete and fan experience and will benefit the community as a whole. This “gateway” to the north entryway of campus will ultimately host multi-use space to potentially include a mix of conference and entertainment space, retail and other functions that will drive regional economic growth and enhance academic programming.

It has been a remarkable start to the 2022 football season and our program is on an exciting trajectory. It is up to each of us to ensure this continued ascension by bringing this world-class project to fruition. In doing so, we will provide Coach Lance Leipold and his program the facilities needed to continue to compete at the highest level.

This project is truly an institutional priority and will succeed due to its boldness and vision, and thanks to our donors and alumni who will invest in this bright future.

We appreciate your vital support of the University of Kansas and Kansas Athletics. We will release more information on this endeavor in the weeks and months to come. For now, I encourage you to read the news release and watch a short video HERE.

Rock Chalk!

Travis

https://kuathletics.com/11thandmississippi/

KANSAS FOOTBALL

Goals for a reimagined David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium include upgrades to the in-game experience such as seating bowl design with improved sightlines that increase fan comfort and bring fans closer to the field; expanded concessions, restrooms and accessible seating locations; improved concourse circulation; and new premium amenities such as club seats, loge seats and ledge suites. Stadium design will include multi-use spaces to augment any convention and conference facilities that may be part of the project. Kansas Athletics is partnering with Elevate Sports Ventures to conduct fan focus groups to solicit feedback on what fans want in a reimagined stadium. Additionally, Elevate recently completed a survey to understand what seating options and amenities are most important to fans.

Sounds to me like they put this entire "project" together this week and are very boldly lying that construction will start in "early '23"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Hell yeah KU. My Hawks are on the up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Potentially could include retail space, conference rooms, potentially rape lounges for the basketball players.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that guy was irl saying there could be world cup games in lawrence

Yes, that was wild. I wanted so badly to call that out but I didn't give him any of the attention he craves. The SKC ownership doesn't determine where world cup events are located, that's FIFA and they've never stepped a single foot in Lawrence.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1578408597003927553

Unless this is a negotiated project, no they aren't.  I would have had that come across my bid service and would have bid that work.  Also, unless they knew this like 9-12 months ago, there is also no way it starts in early '23 unless they are hiring an awful contractor. 

So essentially, this is either embellished to help with their scramble to keep LL, a lie all together, or they privately negotiated the work with the contractor equivalent of KU Football circa 2020.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’m guessing embellishment. They can remove/tarp over those seats they’re apparently not selling and call it the start of “ongoing renovations” if they wanted.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
History Awaits!, v3.0

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't think I've ever seen that level of production for something that introduced no concepts, no drawings and no fly thru's of what was actually going to be coming.

I don't think any other P5 school has talked as long about some form of transformative football stadium project than KU.  Then introduced the project with nary a hint of what they were actually going to do.

Absolutely amazing.   :thumbsup:

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I don't think I've ever seen that level of production for something that introduced no concepts, no drawings and no fly thru's of what was actually going to be coming.

I don't think any other P5 school has talked as long about some form of transformative football stadium project than KU.  Then introduced the project with nary a hint of what they were actually going to do.

Absolutely amazing.   
Those will be unveiled in the coming weeks

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Absolutely amazing.   

Looking forward to it. 

Usually you want to have those for initial opening of the Kimono, but this could be a new bold strategy.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
If Lance leaves, they should do absolutely nothing to the stadium then build a huge E Sports facility and go all in on that. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kansas Athletics is partnering with Elevate Sports Ventures to conduct fan focus groups to solicit feedback on what fans want in a reimagined stadium. Additionally, Elevate recently completed a survey to understand what seating options and amenities are most important to fans.
Nothing about this connotes ready for construction in 2023

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Absolutely amazing.   

Looking forward to it. 

Usually you want to have those for initial opening of the Kimono, but this could be a new bold strategy.
You have to announce something to try and squeeze blood from the poor turnips before losing the last 7 games.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Kansas Athletics is partnering with Elevate Sports Ventures to conduct fan focus groups to solicit feedback on what fans want in a reimagined stadium. Additionally, Elevate recently completed a survey to understand what seating options and amenities are most important to fans.
Nothing about this connotes ready for construction in 2023

This will occur in phases. I'm guessing at least *something* (renovations to Anderson?) might be shovel-ready by then. This announcement provided no new information. Assuming it's intended to drum up donations from the non-perpetually-online alumni.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
just name it the "please don't listen to wisky" field at da booth

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
They just wanted to give Gameday something to mention tomorrow, vague as it is.  Makes sense, honestly. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
yup, they’re just building on the hype

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I for one am happy our hawk brothers and sisters are finally getting what was promised over a decade ago.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No way this ends in humiliation(again)
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If this turns into another Touchdown Club banner, I mean, what in the world!!