Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3210304 times)

114Hickory, fun muffin and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline KSNimrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22600 on: April 23, 2021, 03:46:29 PM »
Blue Wings Reesing!!!!!   :Woohoo:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22601 on: April 23, 2021, 10:22:36 PM »
Man, making your hire outside of the traditional hiring window when all the leftover G5 coaches become so desperate for a P5 gig that they are willing to take less to come to your school is just the type of innovative, forward thinking planning that will turn KU into the next Clemson.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22602 on: April 27, 2021, 10:01:48 AM »
I'll still be surprised if they get a sitting HC for the '21 season.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22603 on: April 27, 2021, 10:09:47 AM »
have they not hired anyone yet?  i assumed they had, what the hell are they waiting for?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22605 on: April 27, 2021, 01:04:21 PM »
Holtz
Monken
Leipold
Elko

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22606 on: April 27, 2021, 01:54:06 PM »
Holtz
Monken
Leipold
Elko

The only one of these that I think can win 5+ games a year there is Monken, so of course they will hire one of the others.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22607 on: April 27, 2021, 02:43:26 PM »
Monken and the ATM guy won't take the job.  They both can do much better.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22608 on: April 27, 2021, 02:56:46 PM »
didn't beaty come from a&m?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22609 on: April 27, 2021, 03:03:00 PM »
^ yes.

Elko currently makes 2.1 million. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline KSNimrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22610 on: April 27, 2021, 03:21:29 PM »
Holtz
Monken
Leipold
Elko

Wait... isn't that one of those ambulance chasing Wichita law firms that's always advertising?  I think one of them rides a dragon or something?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22611 on: April 28, 2021, 12:32:58 AM »

Elko yes, he can do better. Monken has been trying to leave army for a couple of years, this is probably his crack at the P5 without first going to the AAC or MWC.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22612 on: April 28, 2021, 08:28:56 AM »

Elko yes, he can do better. Monken has been trying to leave army for a couple of years, this is probably his crack at the P5 without first going to the AAC or MWC.

He's the right age too. But since we're back to being more serious about the coaching search than KU typically is, will he take it knowing it's basically a career death sentence? The last head coach to leave KU and actually get a better job was Glen Mason back in '96 who left for Minnesota and there have been 9 head coaches since then. The timeline doesn't really get better going farther back either. If your plan is to continue to build your resume and get to a big money head coaching job, then accepting the KU job is not the way to do it.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22613 on: April 28, 2021, 09:07:02 AM »
Things are getting frothy at the phog. They're pretty convinced and excited that it's either the army or Buffalo coach, either of which is widely accepted as the best hire in decades at KU. They're back, guys.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22614 on: April 28, 2021, 09:30:30 AM »
If these coaches haven't told KU to eff off by now, they're probably interested. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22615 on: April 28, 2021, 10:21:07 AM »
Things are getting frothy at the phog. They're pretty convinced and excited that it's either the army or Buffalo coach, either of which is widely accepted as the best hire in decades at KU. They're back, guys.

Every time with these jokers.

OMG Turner Gill is the hot young up and comer and WE, THE KANSAS JAYHAWKS SNAGGED HIM! BEST. HIRE. EVER.

Wow! We got Charlie Weis?!? Sure his time didn't end well at ND but he took them to a Fiesta AND a Sugar bowl (You also might of heard about his time with the patriots). I'LL TAKE THAT OMG YES I WILL! BEST. HIRE. EVER.

David Beatty was the perfect guy to help us rebuild after front butt. Nothing flashy but this was the best hire we could of made.

LES Frickin MILES? The guy who won a national title and played for another? What other candidate out there has that kind of resume? Jeff Long just made the best hire of the off season IMO.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22616 on: April 28, 2021, 10:44:38 AM »

OMG Turner Gill is the hot young up and comer and WE, THE KANSAS JAYHAWKS SNAGGED HIM! BEST. HIRE. EVER.

Wow! We got Charlie Weis?!? Sure his time didn't end well at ND but he took them to a Fiesta AND a Sugar bowl (You also might of heard about his time with the patriots). I'LL TAKE THAT OMG YES I WILL! BEST. HIRE. EVER.

David Beatty was the perfect guy to help us rebuild after front butt. Nothing flashy but this was the best hire we could of made.

LES Frickin MILES? The guy who won a national title and played for another? What other candidate out there has that kind of resume? Jeff Long just made the best hire of the off season IMO.
All that being said, hiring either Monken or Leipold is the best hire they'll have made in decades. I guess there's argument that Gill was as good of a hire as Monken or Leipold but you have to go back to Mangino ('02) otherwise.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22617 on: April 28, 2021, 11:07:10 AM »

All that being said, hiring either Monken or Leipold is the best hire they'll have made in decades. I guess there's argument that Gill was as good of a hire as Monken or Leipold but you have to go back to Mangino ('02) otherwise.
I think they both absolutely could be pretty good there, but they never even consider pumping the brakes. Every coach is a homeroom to them at the time, although they'll deny it after the fact with a few anecdotal push back stories.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22618 on: April 28, 2021, 11:41:57 AM »
I think Monken would be the most successful at KU so they are definitely going to hire the other guy.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22619 on: April 28, 2021, 12:00:33 PM »
They have made a couple of hires that I thought would probably be somewhat successful over the past 13 years of ineptitude, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they hire Monken and he finds a way to reach new lows.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22620 on: April 28, 2021, 12:37:02 PM »
Monken's got the offense issue to deal with, but I'd also argue he would be their best hire since Mangino. Winning at Army isn't easy (he has three of their four 9+ win seasons in the last 35 years and has two of the three seasons where they've been ranked in the last 35 years).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22621 on: April 28, 2021, 01:36:10 PM »
What makes that hire better than Weis or Beaty?  or Miles for that matter.  All had better resumes that the buffalo guy. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22622 on: April 28, 2021, 01:37:01 PM »
Kleiman is much betterthan either of those dudes and I think the Kleiman hire was mediocre

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22623 on: April 28, 2021, 02:54:07 PM »
There only thing that we can say consistently about the KU hires is that they haven't gotten 5+ years.  Maybe its time that they gave someone 5+ years?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22624 on: April 28, 2021, 02:55:49 PM »
I think it was Phil Steele who said, before Art Briles, that the reason that Baylor was bad, and that it was a bad job, was because they never gave their coaches 5+ years.