Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145112 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22575 on: April 12, 2021, 10:31:23 PM »
If I'm in charge, I hire Sean Snyder.

That's really not a bad idea.

He knows football operations, he's been on the sidelines, he's pretty damn good at a component of the game that can swing a tight game or be a difference maker and get an extra win or two early in his tenure, he's been up close and a cog in getting a bad program going in the right direction..

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22576 on: April 13, 2021, 12:00:26 AM »
And they have absolutely nothing to lose. There is nobody they can hire with more upside.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #22577 on: April 13, 2021, 12:36:00 AM »
family blog and all, but this person has really brought the zeal in his thread where he berates KU fans for not thinking they're capable of winning a national championship.

To those who like to throw out that not only can we never win a football championship, but our best hope is going bowling 50% of the time....Baylor....yeah, THAT Baylor, is your new National Champion in men's basketball.

And before you try to spout off about the crapshoot that the NCAA BB Tourney is or how this was largely influenced by COVID (all true) and how basketball is just so different than football, realize that just 10 years after the "Futility U" article in Sports Illustrated, which was published after the hiring of LHC Bill Snyder just 90 miles away, KSU....yeah, THAT KSU, was a pu$$y hair away from playing for (and probably winning, let's be honest) the National Championship in football in 1998.

Don't ever tell me that KU should shoot for less than the PINNACLE of football. Luckily our decision makers took the first step today, in grabbing Goff. Let's go get Leipold and then let's disrupt the college football World from there and crash the playoff and put our collective foots in Clemson and Bama's arses.

RAISE your standards.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22578 on: April 13, 2021, 06:18:55 AM »
Someone doesn’t understand the era of CF we’re in.   

But let’s humor them:  First suggestion relative to the NC process is immediately start lobbying to expand the playoffs.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #22579 on: April 13, 2021, 06:36:54 AM »

But let’s humor them:  First suggestion relative to the NC process is immediately start lobbying to expand the playoffs.

1. Lobby to expand the playoffs
2. Find coach
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22580 on: April 13, 2021, 09:04:50 AM »
3. Make OU, tOSU, Alabama, and Clemson disband their teams and start recruiting from scratch.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22581 on: April 13, 2021, 09:50:21 AM »
Who is leipold?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22582 on: April 13, 2021, 10:27:03 AM »

1. Lobby to expand the playoffs
2. Find coach

Isn't that how it works? 

I don't want to turn this into the CFBPO thread, but you'll start seeing the talent get to be more dispersed if the playoffs are expanded.

The arguments against  expansion are so silly, because many of those arguments are based on the paradigm of a 4 team invitational.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22583 on: April 13, 2021, 01:36:50 PM »
Who is leipold?

Coach at Buffalo, not the bills but the university. He's never won the mac but he's won a crap load of D3 championships. He's also mad old.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22584 on: April 13, 2021, 02:57:20 PM »
Who is leipold?

Coach at Buffalo, not the bills but the university. He's never won the mac but he's won a crap load of D3 championships. He's also mad old.

56 is mad old???

He's only being paid 400k at Buffalo so I think he would definitely jump on a 2.X million/year contract at KU. Sign a guaranteed 6 year contract and only work for 2 or 3 before the KU base says he isn't doing anything right and pay him to leave, and then drink Bahama Mama's while playing with the grandkids and doing whatever he feels like for the remaining 25-30 years of life. At least that's how I'd do it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22585 on: April 13, 2021, 06:32:33 PM »
Who is leipold?

56 is mad old???

He's only being paid 400k at Buffalo so I think he would definitely jump on a 2.X million/year contract at KU. Sign a guaranteed 6 year contract and only work for 2 or 3 before the KU base says he isn't doing anything right and pay him to leave, and then drink Bahama Mama's while playing with the grandkids and doing whatever he feels like for the remaining 25-30 years of life. At least that's how I'd do it.

Football coaches don't usually live to be 90, do they?  Still, I get your point.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22586 on: April 13, 2021, 07:30:48 PM »
Who is leipold?

He’s only 56, he’s got 8-10 years left probably.

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22587 on: April 13, 2021, 09:21:40 PM »
I didn't realize he coached at Nebraska and UNO, he'd probably be a great hire

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22588 on: April 14, 2021, 02:06:21 AM »
Who is leipold?

He’s only 56, he’s got 8-10 years left probably.

He turns 57 next month, and yes, that's old for a college football coach, with his lack of P5 experience. The only coaches older in the are not just a little more experienced, but a lot more.
Mack
Cutcliffe
Brian Kelly
Sweaty Gary
Harbaugh
Ferentz
Leach
Saban

This is not to say they shouldn't hire him because of his age, but 57 is really old to be getting your feet wet at the highest level while taking on the biggest rebuild in the sport.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22589 on: April 14, 2021, 10:58:08 AM »

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22590 on: April 23, 2021, 09:18:28 AM »
Damn it feels good to be a Jayhawk.

The whole LM/Long debacle may have been the biggest blessing in disguise we have ever received.

Les was losing it and it was obvious he didn't have what it took to win football games anymore. Very charismatic, played the cool old guy angle well so he did a good job recruiting. He took the lumps of recruiting HS only, not deviating from the plan. He brought in exciting young coaches and helped establish a culture that kids are bought into.

We always were going to be losing badly the first two years thanks to how Beaty left the roster. As fans we are not very patient so any coach we hired would start having a hot seat after two losing seasons. A perfect storm of events led to the winless season last year. Luckily Les took these lumps and whomever we hire next literally steps right into Les's shoes of this rebuild at year 3 with the benefit from the fans that it's year one record wise for this coach. It is a great situation to be in.

On top of that Jeff Long was not very well liked and the AD wasn't ran very well he made several very questionable decisions and didn't seem to have much knowledge of the culture and history of KU. So we get chance to upgrade there with Goff.

Now we get a chance for a huge upgrade at HC and we literally due to timing are the only school looking so we get our pick of the litter of G5 coaches and can take our time and probably get them at a cheaper price than we would in the Winter. As KU football fans we should feel some sort of karma taking hold for the last decade that if we hire the right guy here we may be set up with the young roster to actually climb out of football hell.

Hallelujah and Rock Chalk

:ohno:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22591 on: April 23, 2021, 09:28:45 AM »
no better situation than hiring a new head coach/staff right after spring practice has ended.  really the ideal situation.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22592 on: April 23, 2021, 09:36:07 AM »
A perfect storm of events led to the winless season last year.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22593 on: April 23, 2021, 09:39:32 AM »
"Welcome to two-a-days! I'm your new coach.  Give me your best Jayhawk squawk!"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22594 on: April 23, 2021, 10:03:20 AM »
karma taking hold for the last decade

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22595 on: April 23, 2021, 10:04:53 AM »
building a MONSTER

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22596 on: April 23, 2021, 10:59:03 AM »
Damn it feels good to be a Jayhawk.

The whole LM/Long debacle may have been the biggest blessing in disguise we have ever received.

Les was losing it and it was obvious he didn't have what it took to win football games anymore. Very charismatic, played the cool old guy angle well so he did a good job recruiting. He took the lumps of recruiting HS only, not deviating from the plan. He brought in exciting young coaches and helped establish a culture that kids are bought into.

We always were going to be losing badly the first two years thanks to how Beaty left the roster. As fans we are not very patient so any coach we hired would start having a hot seat after two losing seasons. A perfect storm of events led to the winless season last year. Luckily Les took these lumps and whomever we hire next literally steps right into Les's shoes of this rebuild at year 3 with the benefit from the fans that it's year one record wise for this coach. It is a great situation to be in.

On top of that Jeff Long was not very well liked and the AD wasn't ran very well he made several very questionable decisions and didn't seem to have much knowledge of the culture and history of KU. So we get chance to upgrade there with Goff.

Now we get a chance for a huge upgrade at HC and we literally due to timing are the only school looking so we get our pick of the litter of G5 coaches and can take our time and probably get them at a cheaper price than we would in the Winter. As KU football fans we should feel some sort of karma taking hold for the last decade that if we hire the right guy here we may be set up with the young roster to actually climb out of football hell.

Hallelujah and Rock Chalk

:ohno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #22597 on: April 23, 2021, 11:06:27 AM »
He should donate his brain to science.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22598 on: April 23, 2021, 11:28:14 AM »
In all seriousness, Leipold and Monken seem like much better coaches than they have been getting/targeting. 

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22599 on: April 23, 2021, 02:06:19 PM »
Wow, that is quality Phog right there.

If only they had been allowed to play Texas...