Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3209875 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22325 on: March 08, 2021, 03:21:47 PM »
HE GONE!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22326 on: March 08, 2021, 03:30:51 PM »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22328 on: March 08, 2021, 04:29:59 PM »
Man.. right when he was getting things turned around

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22329 on: March 08, 2021, 05:04:17 PM »
This seems like an over-exaggeration of what has been reported. I didn't read anything about him "requiring" them to meet with him privately. There was no mention of any kiss even being non-consensual. That was what Zombie and I have been banging the drum about - the report was written in such a way that people can let their imagination's run because it was worded so vaguely. We think that was 100% on purpose and is working like a charm because so many people are up in arms about it and throwing out phrases like "sexual harassment", "requiring college-age women to meet with him privately", etc.

The guy was a charismatic, handsome (he ended up in movies and commercials, for example), rich, powerful, popular man and that attracts women of all ages, without them having to be "required" or even coerced.
:dunno:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22330 on: March 08, 2021, 05:08:05 PM »
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/mar/08/les-miles-leave-new-oc-serving-ku-footballs-point-/

That doesn't say he's gone at all?

The guy was a charismatic, handsome (he ended up in movies and commercials, for example), rich, powerful, popular man and that attracts women of all ages, without them having to be "required" or even coerced.
:dunno:

Lawrence rape culture, my god.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22331 on: March 08, 2021, 05:19:52 PM »
Les Miles: irresistible heart throb

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #22333 on: March 08, 2021, 11:39:29 PM »
Gemfinders, it’s time to kick ourselves into high gear. This is gonna be a fun few weeks.

.....and so the trail of KU FB tears continues.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22334 on: March 09, 2021, 06:55:19 AM »
I haven't seen any reports of the terms, but I assume that Miles got every cent that was coming to him. 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22335 on: March 09, 2021, 06:57:15 AM »
I haven't seen any reports of the terms, but I assume that Miles got every cent that was coming to him. 

He can thank David Beaty for that
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22336 on: March 09, 2021, 06:58:32 AM »

I bet not. This is KU we're talking about. They'll find some way to screw this up just like with Beaty and end up paying more in buyouts and lawyer fees.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22337 on: March 09, 2021, 06:59:02 AM »

well probably more accurately they made a gentleman's agreement that he will be paid every cent that was coming to him, then they will spend the next few months trying to renege on that agreement, and then Miles will sue them and when its all said and done they will end up paying out ~200% of what they originally agreed  between the settlement and attorney/court fees

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22338 on: March 09, 2021, 07:07:09 AM »
I would officially like to announce my interest in being the next University of Kansas Men's football coach.  I am willing to accept a salary equal to, but not less than, the current lowest paid FBS football coach, in return for a 5 year fully guaranteed contract.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22339 on: March 09, 2021, 07:34:14 AM »
I would officially like to announce my interest in being the next University of Kansas Men's football coach.  I am willing to accept a salary equal to, but not less than, the current lowest paid FBS football coach, in return for a 5 year fully guaranteed contract.

Same, but for four years and minus $1  :gocho:

Becoming the ku football coach is the new american dream. Get paid, 0 expectations, gtfo one way or another
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22340 on: March 09, 2021, 07:36:00 AM »
Phog gonna phog

If KU didn't know about Miles problems at LSU because LSU hid the reports from them, I wonder if KU can sue LSU for the amount we end up paying Miles in the settlement........and get some punitive damages for the reputational damage to KU.

We have the look and feel of an actual Power 5 program. Les was getting old- and some of the press conferences were getting odd. His style of play seemed a bit dated and he seemed like he forced himself into the offensive play calling. Now we can get somebody young and energetic and hungry who can really build on this program that Les (and Long) steered out of the abyss.

If I’m Girod, I’m going to Bill Self and I’m asking him how important Long is to the remainder of the NCAA process. Long has been on that situation for the better art of two years. He hired the Law Firms that represent us. He has been in on every meeting and conference and public statement made since before we were even served with the NOA. This war with the NCAA is not over and we absolutely have to have the right people in place as we see this to the bitter end- even the possible lawsuits that could follow a harsh punishment. Or what if Long is actually leading away from serious punishment. The person who would know best is Bill Self. If he says that Long stays through this- then Long stays through this. If he isn’t needed, then he’s fired. If he does stay on, he has one more football hire that has to be a home run- or he is fired. His leash is as tight as it possibly can be. One more F up, and He Gone.

seriously....one more horrible coach hire and i’ll find another college fball team to root for.

Really, just one??? You've come so far though.

At this point I would question the sanity of whoever would take this job.

if Leopold is interested its probably because he wants a raise and an extension from Buffalo.

Tom Herman is a tough guy coach like Mangino. And he's like an analyst for da' Bears right now. Can't hurt to check his interest.

Can someone please get down to Memorial ASAP and sacrifice a chicken and burn some sage

It’s going to take more than that. Our hole is so deep, I’m thinking Aztec style live sacrifice from the top of the scoreboard may be the only way.

We pay more then ksuck, I know that's not saying much but at least we have that going for us

If you can't guess which poster that ^^^ is, then you haven't been on the internet long.

That's enough now for me though. Got to get back to work.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22341 on: March 09, 2021, 07:53:13 AM »
Phog gonna phog

If KU didn't know about Miles problems at LSU because LSU hid the reports from them, I wonder if KU can sue LSU for the amount we end up paying Miles in the settlement........and get some punitive damages for the reputational damage to KU.

I never imagined a world where ku would be firing up the "is the LSU AD hurting the image of our program?" thread but i am here for it

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22342 on: March 09, 2021, 08:40:41 AM »
Should be interesting to see how many of these players stick around, transfer, or decommit.  Guys like Gavin showed skin to play with Les and still has two years of eligibility. 

Will 4-star WR Quaydarius Davis peace out?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22343 on: March 09, 2021, 08:46:08 AM »
Paying more than ksuck has worked out great for them.

Welp, add another year or two to the longest run up to a football stadium renovation in college football history.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22344 on: March 09, 2021, 08:59:39 AM »
I don't know who the OC is, but probably an upgrade to miles right? Our hawks might be a little salty this season  :Chirp:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22345 on: March 09, 2021, 09:41:09 AM »
Who the eff takes the job?  It's the worst FBS job in a normal cycle but now is just atrocious.  As of now, Long is making the hire although he is on the hot seat so you likely won't have the backing of the AD for long.  You're doing it at an odd time that puts you behind in recruiting and building a staff.  If/when they fire you, they will attack you to avoid paying you what you're contractually owed.  They can't even try the FCS route terribly well with the spring season (not that I think this would be a likely route).  Bert's now at Illinois so you can't even go after that.

I think their only real opportunity is to try a Beaty thing again and hire some young inexperienced coach/recruiter and hope it works but expect that at least saves you money.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22346 on: March 09, 2021, 10:03:41 AM »
Who the eff takes the job?  It's the worst FBS job in a normal cycle but now is just atrocious.  As of now, Long is making the hire although he is on the hot seat so you likely won't have the backing of the AD for long.  You're doing it at an odd time that puts you behind in recruiting and building a staff.  If/when they fire you, they will attack you to avoid paying you what you're contractually owed.  They can't even try the FCS route terribly well with the spring season (not that I think this would be a likely route).  Bert's now at Illinois so you can't even go after that.

I think their only real opportunity is to try a Beaty thing again and hire some young inexperienced coach/recruiter and hope it works but expect that at least saves you money.

there will be a line a mile long of qualified people waiting for the call from jeff long to interview for this job

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22347 on: March 09, 2021, 10:14:05 AM »
I could see Art Briles maybe at least talking to them about taking the job.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22348 on: March 09, 2021, 10:18:14 AM »
Dan Hawkins would absolutely take the job.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22349 on: March 09, 2021, 10:20:21 AM »
Ron Prince would take the job and he would also probably be the best coach their school has ever had.