Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145351 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22225 on: December 10, 2020, 01:56:42 PM »
Those cowards.  They had a chance to do something special.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22226 on: December 10, 2020, 02:09:04 PM »
Quote from: Chingon
Next year maybe

Again, I'd like to point you guys to my calcs I did a few pages back.

Glad we got to stomp their souls before they were rona'd into oblivion.

Also, could be them trying to avoid 100 in 10 :shakesfist:

That got me thinking again (yep, another Purple Oil stat post) because I feel like we've been having that conversation a lot these past few seasons. So...

From 2008-2017 KU had 93 losses
From 2009-2018 KU had 97 losses
From 2010-2019 KU had 99 losses

From 2011-2020 KU currently has 97 losses with 3 games left on the schedule (TCU, Tech, and Texas(rescheduled)). So unless one of those games is cancelled, it looks like they're going for the history books this season, despite playing 2 fewer games than normal.

Does the future look any better?

To avoid having 100 losses in 10 years (possibly again) between 2012-2021, and assuming that they go 0-10 this year, KU would need to have at least a 3-9 record next year.

To avoid having 100 losses in 10 years (for the 3rd year in a row) between 2013-2022, assuming they go 0-10 this year and 2-10 next year, they would need to post at least a 2-10 season in 2022.

To give any percentages to this is tough, because much of it depends upon how the rest of this season plays out, if at all. However, based on history and current trends, there's about an 97% chance that KU hits 100 losses in 10 years this season IF the games are played.

It's looking around an upper 70's % chance that it happens again next season if this season is played on out. BTW, that's only looking at next season, not the possibility that it happens in back to back seasons.

Right now it's a coin flip for it happening in the 2013-2022 season, and that's having to take a fair amount of assumptions into play.

Still, the fact that I'm able to ballpark these figures does not bode well for our fighting Jayhawks.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22227 on: December 10, 2020, 02:09:45 PM »
So, is it officially going for 100 in 10 on saturday?  I may have to plan something for History.l

Apparently if they don't play this week they will have to reschedule to next week.

Please don't tease me like this. Most sources are saying the game has been cancelled, not postponed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22228 on: December 10, 2020, 02:27:58 PM »
So, is it officially going for 100 in 10 on saturday?  I may have to plan something for History.l

Apparently if they don't play this week they will have to reschedule to next week.

Please don't tease me like this. Most sources are saying the game has been cancelled, not postponed.

It was on one of college football podcasts I listen to, Andy Staples maybe? I guess they were wrong.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22229 on: December 10, 2020, 02:47:01 PM »

Not a single one of you can understand how upset I am.  I am not even kidding slightly that I had planned to meet some buds at the Johnnys on 39th and watch every play and get super into 100/10.  F my life

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22230 on: December 10, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »

Not a single one of you can understand how upset I am.  I am not even kidding slightly that I had planned to meet some buds at the Johnnys on 39th and watch every play and get super into 100/10.  F my life

Sorry Dug  :frown:

The 100/10 would have really been an exclamation point for Futility U.   I won't say New Futility U, because there had to be two teams to make up the Toilet Bowl back in the day, and the other was, KU.

The sad thing about it, even though I like our TSC buddies a lot.  Is that print journalism is dead, and so their won't be a Futility U 2.0 cover on SI.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22231 on: December 10, 2020, 04:35:49 PM »

It was on one of college football podcasts I listen to, Andy Staples maybe? I guess they were wrong.

I'm sure it's a significant amount of TV money lost from not playing at all, right?

Thought I saw roughly 4-5 million per game not played or somethign earlier this year.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22232 on: December 10, 2020, 08:55:57 PM »

I'm sure it's a significant amount of TV money lost from not playing at all, right?

Thought I saw roughly 4-5 million per game not played or somethign earlier this year.
I remember reading that but I assumed we met some sort of threshold already to meet the contract because otherwise they would absolutely play them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22233 on: December 11, 2020, 01:25:55 AM »

I remember reading that but I assumed we met some sort of threshold already to meet the contract because otherwise they would absolutely play them

Yes, this.

Also I don't know why everyone is down on 10/100, pretty sure they'll be dog crap next year too.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22234 on: December 11, 2020, 07:46:17 AM »

Yes, this.

Also I don't know why everyone is down on 10/100, pretty sure they'll be dog crap next year too.
Bird in the hand, etc.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22235 on: December 11, 2020, 09:10:25 AM »

Yes, this.

Bird in the hand, etc.

Yeah, but now they need to go 2-10 instead of 3-9 to make it happen.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22236 on: December 22, 2020, 08:29:00 AM »
Sources: Kansas planning to hire Group of 5 offensive line coach

By Zach Barnett -   December 21, 2020

Lee Grimes is expected to be the new offensive line coach at Kansas, sources tell FootballScoop.  The hiring is expected to be complete following the first of the year.

Grimes is currently the offensive line coach at Charlotte, a job he has held since February. He spent the 2018 and ’19 seasons as an offensive analyst on Jimbo Fisher’s staff at Texas A&M, his alma mater.  Grimes has also worked as a GA at Minnesota, as the offensive line coach and run game coordinator at East Texas Baptist, as the assistant offensive line coach at Arkansas-Monticello and at Lubbock’s Estacado High School.  He was a member of Texas A&M’s All-2000s team as a player.

Grimes will step in to an open position on Les Miles’s staff. Miles let Luke Meadows go in November, and John Morookian stepped in as offensive line coach for the club’s final two games.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-kansas-hires-offensive-line-coach/

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22237 on: January 27, 2021, 09:13:10 PM »
Trying to figure out where this should go, but i've seen a few of these come across my feed.

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1354625805473771523

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22238 on: January 27, 2021, 09:36:14 PM »
Bro.... is Middle Tennessee really a step up compared to KU? Have we hit the futility U bottom yet?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22239 on: January 27, 2021, 11:10:15 PM »
What a rough ridin' embarrassment

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22240 on: January 27, 2021, 11:14:39 PM »
Unbelievable. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22241 on: January 27, 2021, 11:21:18 PM »
Oh no, not the Wizard of Bethel...

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22242 on: January 27, 2021, 11:36:00 PM »
Oh no, not the Wizard of Bethel...

I appreciate the self-awareness in this post.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22243 on: January 28, 2021, 11:09:57 AM »
ku fans I know are pretending MTSU is moving on for a better opportunity.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22244 on: January 28, 2021, 11:38:15 AM »
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30742483/ranking-all-130-college-football-teams-tiers-2021-season

Tier 10: UConn and Kansas
UConn, Kansas

We'll be making a lot of UConn and Kansas jokes this year. This is the first one. We hope you enjoyed it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22245 on: January 28, 2021, 01:20:16 PM »

They're not wrong

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22246 on: January 28, 2021, 02:58:13 PM »

They're not wrong

i just checked and they don't even have a Hill

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22247 on: January 28, 2021, 03:26:08 PM »

They're not wrong

Their basketball team sucks too.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22248 on: January 28, 2021, 04:36:28 PM »

They're not wrong

Thought they were called the Hilltoppers. Seemed appropriate.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22249 on: January 28, 2021, 08:01:06 PM »
honestly that dude sucked so they’re better off

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.