Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145170 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22200 on: December 08, 2020, 12:05:37 PM »
dearmon is terrible, his plan each week is to have no plan

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22201 on: December 08, 2020, 01:03:27 PM »
If you have no plan, how can your enemy make adjustments? They can't, and if they can't adjust then you have the advantage.

It's like some of you have never even watched football before.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22202 on: December 08, 2020, 01:54:17 PM »
his plan each week is to have no plan
therein lies his genius

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22203 on: December 08, 2020, 02:14:33 PM »
how can he say that he loves it when a plan comes together if his plan is no plan?  :confused:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22204 on: December 08, 2020, 02:17:25 PM »
Wait is they created by KU people?

I thought it was obvious

Didn’t realize they had any one left that cared enough about football to go to the effort.  We should be making those for oscar.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22205 on: December 08, 2020, 02:28:36 PM »
Wait is they created by KU people?

I thought it was obvious

Didn’t realize they had any one left that cared enough about football to go to the effort.  We should be making those for oscar.

Oh, I'm sure that dumbass Bry Bry guy that risked a felony for KU football by jumping the Lawrence airport fence and stumbling down the runway after Less's jet still cares deeply.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22206 on: December 08, 2020, 03:38:38 PM »
Is P5 OC above S Alabama HC?

Only if the P5 school would have been favored against S Alabama in at least 1 or 2 of the past 10 seasons.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22207 on: December 08, 2020, 06:35:30 PM »
Is P5 OC above S Alabama HC?

Depends on the program. The best way to do this is which is the best path to the next best job. I think two good years at USA gets you a mid tier FBS job faster than two good years as the KU OC.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #22208 on: December 08, 2020, 07:05:33 PM »
So...what records has he broke at KU?

Also, not sure where this should go, but my god, South Alabama's football stadium is light years better than KU. Insane.

The just built it and I'm so happy for them. That program for years and years had to suffer through playing at the absolutely abysmal Ladd-Peebles Stadium, which is not only a garbage pile but is also like 8 miles from their campus, if I recall.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22209 on: December 09, 2020, 07:28:24 AM »
This threat was a lot more entertaining when we weren't riding a five-game losing streak and coming off an asskicking from the Horns.

Was just thinking about this myself. However, the state of their program is still so much worse than anyone else that I still find things funny. We had a bad year as a result of several freak occurrences. They've had a bad decade with no end in sight.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22210 on: December 09, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »
dearmon is terrible, his plan each week is to have no plan

do you even RPO bro?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22211 on: December 10, 2020, 09:06:06 AM »
Not going to quote all of them, but the phog is back to thinking that we're back at the bottom with them and that they're only one QB away from bowl eligibility.

Kstate is about to take their rightful place as the dormat of the conference as they should be.

We just don't need both ksu and ISU being good programs these next few years, as long as Campbell stays at ISU, I don't see them coming back to earth anytime soon, a bad year for them now is finishing 6-6, looks like hickville might be heading back to reality , they keep losing players and their recruiting class is not all that great either, KU needs to start making progress these next few years and burry ksu football program into the ground where it belongs

I wouldn’t say K-State is all that good. They’ve been durpin games away every week with guys defecting to the transfer portal. If the Hawks can get a solid underrated QB they would be right there with them. In my opinion that makes a world of difference. It makes things harder for the opposing DC to game plan for, keeps the opposing DBs/Safeties honest and gives the offensive players a world of confidence. I know the offensive line is a work in progress but a guy that can create time with his feet while keeping his eyes downfield is a game changer. If that Arkansas QB would have came to Lawrence this year I think that would have led to at least 2 or 3 W’s.

This will be a fun offseason. They'll get their confidence back up, we'll get transfers and our team put back together, and by September 26th, we'll know how the rest of the season should go for them.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22212 on: December 10, 2020, 09:30:49 AM »
So, is it officially going for 100 in 10 on saturday?  I may have to plan something for History.l

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22213 on: December 10, 2020, 09:56:13 AM »
Kstate is about to take their rightful place as the dormat of the conference as they should be.

Lol, yeah. Cause this dump shouldn't be the home of the worst team in the conference, let alone the country.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22214 on: December 10, 2020, 10:18:55 AM »
So...what records has he broke at KU?

Also, not sure where this should go, but my god, South Alabama's football stadium is light years better than KU. Insane.

That stadium is a hot little POA
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22215 on: December 10, 2020, 11:03:54 AM »
If the Hawks can get a solid underrated QB they would be right there with them. In my opinion that makes a world of difference. It makes things harder for the opposing DC to game plan for, keeps the opposing DBs/Safeties honest and gives the offensive players a world of confidence.

A world of difference AND a world of confidence?!  I myself have never considered the QB to be a very important piece on a football team but this guy has me rethinking everything.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22216 on: December 10, 2020, 11:25:40 AM »
"100 in ten, lose one again!"

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22217 on: December 10, 2020, 11:57:48 AM »
KU had one conference game all season in which they lost by fewer than 20 points.  Only two conference games in which they lost by fewer than 30. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22218 on: December 10, 2020, 12:28:42 PM »
So, is it officially going for 100 in 10 on saturday?  I may have to plan something for History.l

Apparently if they don't play this week they will have to reschedule to next week.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #22219 on: December 10, 2020, 12:37:53 PM »
Win or lose, they still booze
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #22221 on: December 10, 2020, 01:16:39 PM »
Next year maybe

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22222 on: December 10, 2020, 01:33:52 PM »
i guess they probably can't be compelled to reschedule since the game wouldn't have had any outcome on who plays in the dr pepper

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22223 on: December 10, 2020, 01:39:14 PM »
So close haha
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22224 on: December 10, 2020, 01:39:33 PM »
Next year maybe
Would need 11.  OOCs against South Dakota, at Coastal, at Duke.  5 conference home games fwiw.

If they can pull of a loss against South Dakota, then I really like the chances.  Win that one, and it's a nail biter the rest of the way. 

If they don't get it done next year, then Weis' first season (11 losses) goes off the books, and it'll be pretty tough after that.