Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146154 times)

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #21850 on: September 15, 2020, 04:25:28 PM »
It hit the crossbar. The kicker was so happy and making this face :D so hard. At that point it felt like the comeback was on.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #21851 on: September 15, 2020, 04:33:20 PM »
i can't decide which phase of the KU Football Circle of Life is my favorite.  Whether it's over the course of three years or four years, the following cycle plays over and over:

Phase 1: Alright boys, new coach!  Not the most inspiring hire, but at least we've got a guy who knows football.  let's give him a ton of time.  He should be a great recruiter, and anyone is better than that last clown.

Phase 2: Tough season, but it's obvious we're moving in the right direction.  And none of this is unexpected given the shithole the last coach left us in. Let's be patient.

Phase 3:  Horrible season.  I still think this coach is the guy, but if we don't start seeing results next year I think we need to let him go.

Phase 4:  Fire this idiot.  Why is he recruiting so many jucos?  Our football team is an embarrassment.  Anyone would be better than this clown.
Somewhere between phase 2 and 3 at the moment.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21853 on: September 15, 2020, 09:01:15 PM »
i can't decide which phase of the KU Football Circle of Life is my favorite.  Whether it's over the course of three years or four years, the following cycle plays over and over:

Phase 1: Alright boys, new coach!  Not the most inspiring hire, but at least we've got a guy who knows football.  let's give him a ton of time.  He should be a great recruiter, and anyone is better than that last clown.

Phase 2: Tough season, but it's obvious we're moving in the right direction.  And none of this is unexpected given the shithole the last coach left us in. Let's be patient.

Phase 3:  Horrible season.  I still think this coach is the guy, but if we don't start seeing results next year I think we need to let him go.

Phase 4:  Fire this idiot.  Why is he recruiting so many jucos?  Our football team is an embarrassment.  Anyone would be better than this clown.

It has been a real treat watching this cycle play out now 4 separate times in a decade; 5 if you want to count the 2014 Bowen stint.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21854 on: September 15, 2020, 09:23:41 PM »
It hit the crossbar. The kicker was so happy and making this face :D so hard. At that point it felt like the comeback was on.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21855 on: September 15, 2020, 10:48:01 PM »
It does make you wonder if Les had a piñata ready.

CCU did and they showed them knocking the eff out it.  Good times baby... :party:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21856 on: September 16, 2020, 10:56:33 AM »

I forgot how great this post was but it has played out in an amazing way. They always nail the hire, then he is always getting much better and anyone who doesn't see progress doesn't know football.  He is recruiting much better etc.  Then, they make some excuses and finally time to fire.

Problem is, they don't have anywhere near the money to fire Les. They are stuck with him and he won't go anywhere, this is a great final job before retirement.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21857 on: September 16, 2020, 11:53:41 AM »
Over the last decade or two, it would be interesting to see how much KU has paid to football coaches no longer coaching their team versus the amount paid to coaches actively coaching their team. 

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21858 on: September 16, 2020, 12:37:38 PM »

I forgot how great this post was but it has played out in an amazing way. They always nail the hire, then he is always getting much better and anyone who doesn't see progress doesn't know football.  He is recruiting much better etc.  Then, they make some excuses and finally time to fire.

Problem is, they don't have anywhere near the money to fire Les. They are stuck with him and he won't go anywhere, this is a great final job before retirement.

You do not understand the depths of their couch cushion money. They could fire Les tomorrow and bring in Bill Belichick if they wanted to.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21859 on: September 16, 2020, 03:11:22 PM »
that line is not used very often now.  They are broke af and they don't actually dispute it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21860 on: September 16, 2020, 06:25:51 PM »
somehow, inexplicably, every new coach they hire inherits less than the previous did

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21861 on: September 16, 2020, 09:59:57 PM »
somehow, inexplicably, every new coach they hire inherits less than the previous did

This is a strange phenomenon since every coach they get just needs 2 to 3 years to get the recruits needed to be good.  At least this is what Jayhawk fans claim every time they get a new coach.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #21862 on: September 16, 2020, 11:34:52 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/331459397734861/posts/622536041960527/

^^  Demote Kansas and Replace with NDSU in Big 12...  change my mind
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21863 on: September 17, 2020, 08:27:15 AM »
endowment and orange bowl

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21864 on: September 17, 2020, 08:37:20 AM »
Like anyone cares about changing the opinion of a d2 fan
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21865 on: September 17, 2020, 12:53:38 PM »
Yeah, as sure as I am that NDSU would beat the crap out of KU 10 out of 10 times...a road trip to Fargo vs a road trip to Lawrence is barf city and that is saying something considering the crime-ridden Topeka suburb that Lawrence is. So in summary, no way Jose.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21866 on: September 17, 2020, 01:25:27 PM »
I think they made a mistake in firing Baetty(sp?). He was cheap AF, and actually improving, if only at barely more than Wooly levels. They probably pulled the string on Gill too early as well.

Weis and Miles are two of the worst hires of the century.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21867 on: September 17, 2020, 01:28:28 PM »
Denied. None of them were improving, and none would have been more successful if given more time. On the flipside, their hypothetical next few years wouldn't have been any worse than their successor's first few years.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21868 on: September 17, 2020, 02:03:55 PM »
I don't know if Beaty was improving, but do know that he was way cheaper.  Any extra attention that Miles may bring just shines more light on their asskickings.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21869 on: September 17, 2020, 02:40:07 PM »

I think Miles inherited more than Beaty.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21870 on: September 17, 2020, 03:52:54 PM »
the good news is that KU can't really get any worse.  they'll be in the exact same prestige position (from a coaching search standpoint) that they were in before miles, once miles is gone.  they were an absolute doormat before miles, and they'll be a doormat after miles.  it's as bad a job as a p5 program can possibly be.

one added benefit of miles is that it appears he dgaf about winning and (apparently) is solely there to start converting ku's roster into one made up exclusively of high schoolers.  that'll be a nice benefit for whoever the next poor SOB is that takes over after miles.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21872 on: September 25, 2020, 12:06:27 AM »
Pretty shocked vandy is only on there once

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21873 on: September 25, 2020, 08:15:36 AM »
Blowout-y. goEMAW needs to sue for trademark’y infringement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21874 on: September 25, 2020, 08:38:06 AM »
rough ridin' Kleinman needs to get us over the hump to a clear lead on this thing.  This is unacceptable.