Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146528 times)

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #20050 on: December 20, 2018, 03:49:59 PM »
I wouldn't put it past them to go the Self route.   Counter charges against the plaintiff and Pooka doesn't start the Pitt State game.

My guess is that this will inspire a funding push for a football rape dorm, and Pooka will get a slap on the wrist for being the one to make this necessary.  That punishment will be to miss the spring game.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20051 on: December 20, 2018, 03:58:55 PM »
From another KC Star article.

A University of Kansas investigation found that a player likely hit a female student multiple times....punching the student in the arm more than once and kicking her in the face.

This "player" is currently their star basketball player Lagerald Vick. Pooka will get some form of probation and maybe miss the first half of their first game next year.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20052 on: December 20, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »
domestic abuse will never keep a ku player from playing (if he is good)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20053 on: December 20, 2018, 04:49:54 PM »
the women's rowing team will pay for this

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20054 on: December 28, 2018, 08:09:39 PM »
I think we can all agree that having your offensive coordinator trending on twitter is a bad thing. Most definitely worse when he hasn't coached a game for you and the team that fired him scored 56 points in the first half of a bowl game.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20055 on: December 28, 2018, 11:12:58 PM »
Those nerds in Lawrence have their own version of the student legal team from Van Wilder. 

They will have a water-tight defense in place by the time classes resume.
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20056 on: December 31, 2018, 02:14:22 PM »
Former KU QB Ryan Willis is playing in a bowl game and [currently] winning it for VaTech. 

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20057 on: December 31, 2018, 10:12:13 PM »
Former KU QB Ryan Willis is playing in a bowl game and [currently] winning it for VaTech.

Bowl game NCSU VS ATM sport announcer talked about an KU transfer that is one of ATM best defensive players.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20058 on: January 01, 2019, 01:24:09 PM »
They are starting to believe! ....and by they, I mean this one phogger  :drool:
 If we had shown up the first half at BU we would have beat them this year. They have that new stadium and it is empty already. They are going to be below us real soon.
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20059 on: January 02, 2019, 07:58:04 AM »
I love it. Every few years, after the new coach is hired, THIS will be the time things change.

Just grab the popcorn, sit back, and wait for the inevitable collapse.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20060 on: January 02, 2019, 11:04:40 AM »
I think Miles will do better than everyone post Mangino, but on the Phog, it's a forgone conclusion they are on the rise and K-State is in the dumps. I'm not convinced of that yet.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20061 on: January 02, 2019, 11:19:03 AM »
I think Miles will do better than everyone post Mangino, but on the Phog, it's a forgone conclusion they are on the rise and K-State is in the dumps. I'm not convinced of that yet.

I'm with you there. But that's a pretty low bar to cross. I'd be pretty surprised if he has a KU in a bowl game during his tenure.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20062 on: January 02, 2019, 11:39:56 AM »

I'm with you there. But that's a pretty low bar to cross. I'd be pretty surprised if he has a KU in a bowl game during his tenure.

The real surprise will be that Miles is there long enough to actually make tenure.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20063 on: January 02, 2019, 11:40:15 AM »
Maybe Miles can do some big things in 2020 that have a big impact on the field quickly but their current roster is crazy bad and unbalanced.  His job should be to recruit as many quality HS kids as he possibly can the next three years at the expense of any other metric of trajectory for the program.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20064 on: January 02, 2019, 11:43:53 AM »

As a whole, they have incredibly low CFBIQ.

But anyway, the Big 12 is in a pretty wild time as it stands today. 40% of the programs, WVU, TTU, K-State, and KU, will all have new head coaches (still rumors Gundy might retire as well). And to me, Baylor, TCU, and ISU all have pretty low ceilings with their current trends and staffs. OU will continue to be the star of the show, and now Texas is right there with them, but the other 8 programs are kind of all question marks if you ask me.

Basically, anything could happen over the next 3-5 years, and there's opportunities for many programs to solidify themselves as top half of the Big 12 programs... even KU

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20065 on: January 02, 2019, 11:48:48 AM »
His job should be to recruit as many quality HS kids as he possibly can the next three years at the expense of any other metric of trajectory for the program.

IMO that should be the priority for every new coach. hard to commit to.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20066 on: January 02, 2019, 11:53:49 AM »
His job should be to recruit as many quality HS kids as he possibly can the next three years at the expense of any other metric of trajectory for the program.

he should have the ability to do that. long won't fire him and the fanbase isn't in a hurry to hold his feet to the fire.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20067 on: January 02, 2019, 11:57:32 AM »

he should have the ability to do that. long won't fire him and the fanbase isn't in a hurry to hold his feet to the fire.

how long before the shine of the 2007 national championship wears off in Lawrence?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20068 on: January 02, 2019, 11:57:57 AM »

I think the only thing standing in the way of it is ego.  He would essentially be the guy that sets up the next guy. Given his age I don’t think he would really see much if any of the fruits of that labor.  KU with Miles seems like a great HCIW type scenario, but that’s easier said than done.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20069 on: January 02, 2019, 11:59:58 AM »
Maybe Miles can do some big things in 2020 that have a big impact on the field quickly but their current roster is crazy bad and unbalanced.  His job should be to recruit as many quality HS kids as he possibly can the next three years at the expense of any other metric of trajectory for the program.

I don't know that he'll have the patience he needs coming from LSU.  He's going to have to get used to losing to accept that the only solution is long term.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20070 on: January 02, 2019, 12:10:09 PM »
I still find it hard to believe that KU will sneak into the top half of the Big 12.  This will require 3 or 4 current contenders to fall out dramatically and Les Miles will have to achieve some pretty miraculous Milestones to pull it off.  Honestly, I don’t think even Les believes this can be accomplished.  We’re talking about a 65 year old coach who got obliterated at the famous Oread Bar at KU the night before his signing and I heard he didn’t even have a tab there.  He was in town for maybe a few hours and was already treated like football royalty by alums.  Their fans are drunk on delusions of grandeur.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20071 on: January 02, 2019, 12:12:55 PM »
I still find it hard to believe that KU will sneak into the top half of the Big 12.  This will require 3 or 4 current contenders to fall out dramatically and Les Miles will have to achieve some pretty miraculous Milestones to pull it off.  Honestly, I don’t think even Les believes this can be accomplished.  We’re talking about a 65 year old coach who got obliterated at the famous Oread Bar at KU the night before his signing and I heard he didn’t even have a tab there.  He was in town for maybe a few hours and was already treated like football royalty by alums.  Their fans are drunk on delusions of grandeur.
I heard Les doesn't drink. Fake news?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20072 on: January 02, 2019, 12:18:33 PM »

They don’t call him the Mad Hatter for nothing.  He’s a magician of sorts to have kept his drinking habits out of the public eye for this long, but he’s getting old and sloppy.  I think his inhibitions are wearing thin.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20073 on: January 02, 2019, 12:19:22 PM »
Weird for a non drinker to be sponsored by Dos Equis.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20074 on: January 02, 2019, 12:21:01 PM »

My 4 year old son sees him drinking beer all the time during those Dos Equis commercials. I’ve told him many times he’s helping shape young people and that him drinking beer on TV isn’t being a very good role model.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f