Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3220465 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #7225 on: June 25, 2014, 08:39:58 PM »
They already have those baby bulldozers there for the track, just turn them on the stadium and by the time they get done demolishing the thing it should be 2020 or whatever and they should have some money maybe

Not a bad plan, blame contractor error then they'd have to build something not awful

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: June 25, 2014, 09:24:56 PM »
It's disgusting hearing these self-appointed fan critics bemoaning how bad our fans are when the product on the field the last four years has been BY  FAR THE WORST OF ANY BCS CONFERENCE TEAM.  THE TEAM IS THE EMBARRASSMENT, NOT THE FANS.  I'm amazed our crowds have held up as well as they have after 4+ years of this crap with little or no light at the end of the tunnel.  I know that we've never had any sustained success in football, but these last four years have been appalling even by KU standards.  Zenger should thank his lucky stars that anyone other than the players' families and friends and the band and cheerleaders show up.  And don't think that there can't be further erosion of the fan base beyond the 30,000 who seem to show up no matter what.  A couple more years of being beaten down by this kind of product on the field will result in shockingly low attendance.  This football program is like a ship teetering on the edge of Niagra Falls,  and Zenger better think real hard after this year whether he wants Charlie to be the skipper as we edge closer to the abyss.

:frown:
Wut?!?!  This is only possible when they host KSU, with 30,000 total attendance.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #7227 on: June 25, 2014, 09:31:05 PM »
I think ku has decided they're going to carry 40 juniors 35 seniors and 9 underclassmen in perpetuity. This is how programs are built in the world of post-associate degree education. It's somewhere between juco and actual college. 
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: June 25, 2014, 09:55:06 PM »
Pretty proud of lil bro, they've had earnest discussion about removing the track for a decade and a half.  I'm glad they were finally able to con the city of Lawrence and a developer into building the Northern Ottawa Subdivision track complex so they could finally pull that track out of Memorial Stadium.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: June 25, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »
Now its a dirt track. Potential motocross or monster truck venue? If they're smart.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7230 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »
Now its a dirt track. Potential motocross or monster truck venue? If they're smart.

World of outlaws?!

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:29 PM »

World of outlaws?!

solidifying those valuable topeka tourism dollars
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: June 25, 2014, 11:58:34 PM »
8yearhawk Junior
Rating: 3.3/5 this site
4082 posts this site
Ignore this Member
 Nominate | ReportPosted: Today 2:04 PM

Re: Rumblings that the track is coming out before next season

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
--- AdAstra69 wrote:

Whoever the donor was, they should have looked into more than one bulldozer and not a rental either. It's going to take them 3 years to finish that thing at this pace.

I worked for the third largest contractor in the world. Every piece of equipment except for trucks, worldwide, was a rental. Why would you buy it when you can get the depreciation on a lease and have a new one every 2 years. Let the provider deal with selling a used piece of equipment.

Did you miss the milling machine?
rate it   Reply | Quote

Everyone understands that the leasing agent would capture the depreciation benefit, right? These idiots claiming to be from the prestigious institution in the state are just too funny.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline hjfklmor

• Fan
    • View Profile
KU football is hurting
« Reply #7233 on: June 26, 2014, 07:12:01 AM »
8yearhawk Junior
4082 posts this site
Ignore this Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- AdAstra69 wrote:

Whoever the donor was, they should have looked into more than one bulldozer and not a rental either. It's going to take them 3 years to finish that thing at this pace.

I worked for the third largest contractor in the world. Every piece of equipment except for trucks, worldwide, was a rental. Why would you buy it when you can get the depreciation on a lease and have a new one every 2 years. Let the provider deal with selling a used piece of equipment.

rate it   Reply | Quote

Everyone understands that the leasing agent would capture the depreciation benefit, right? These idiots claiming to be from the prestigious institution in the state are just too funny.

Capital vs operating lease tho
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:29:37 AM by hjfklmor »

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7234 on: June 26, 2014, 07:45:59 AM »
8yearhawk Junior
4082 posts this site
Ignore this Member

--- AdAstra69 wrote:

rate it   Reply | Quote

Capital vs operating lease tho

I'm somewhat impressed to see how this conversation has worked its way into the "KU football is hurting" thread. I admire the creativity and passion that has kept this thread alive.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: June 26, 2014, 08:47:22 AM »
It's disgusting hearing these self-appointed fan critics bemoaning how bad our fans are when the product on the field the last four years has been BY  FAR THE WORST OF ANY BCS CONFERENCE TEAM.  THE TEAM IS THE EMBARRASSMENT, NOT THE FANS.  I'm amazed our crowds have held up as well as they have after 4+ years of this crap with little or no light at the end of the tunnel.  I know that we've never had any sustained success in football, but these last four years have been appalling even by KU standards.  Zenger should thank his lucky stars that anyone other than the players' families and friends and the band and cheerleaders show up.  And don't think that there can't be further erosion of the fan base beyond the 30,000 who seem to show up no matter what.  A couple more years of being beaten down by this kind of product on the field will result in shockingly low attendance.  This football program is like a ship teetering on the edge of Niagra Falls,  and Zenger better think real hard after this year whether he wants Charlie to be the skipper as we edge closer to the abyss.

:frown:

Being completely honest here, if they haven't gone over the edge yet into the abyss, what does the abyss look like?  I mean they lost 27 straight conferences games and got lucky and won 1 last year or else it would have hit 30.  How delusional do you have to be to think that they haven't hit rock bottom yet  :confused:

One or two more years of this, and people will stop eating at Taco John's.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: June 26, 2014, 08:51:01 AM »

World of outlaws?!

Barrel racing at halftime.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: June 26, 2014, 08:54:42 AM »

World of outlaws?!

Usually a women's event.  Cheerleader barrel racing?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: June 26, 2014, 08:56:40 AM »

World of outlaws?!

Usually a women's event.  Cheerleader barrel racing?

Just pull fat slobs who have never even seen a horse up close before out of the stands and let them give it a try, sort of like we do with halftime free throws at basketball games. It would be fun for the whole family.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: June 26, 2014, 09:17:40 AM »
"Pay Heed all who enter The Nest"

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: June 26, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »
Here's the thing.  BSFS is 1.3 miles from Anderson.  Perceived "heart" of campus.  But, it's not really the center of campus anymore.  Over the past decades, campus growth has been northwest.  Even if you don't consider jardine/athletic complex/rec center/vet complex part of campus, the stadium is still only .5mile from Claflin/Denison. 

I definitely wish we'd built the thing on top of East Stadium years ago.  But, over the years, we chose to just extend campus to the football stadium.  Either way, it's essentially "on campus" in every sense of the phrase.

The city and K-State are about to embark on a massive overhaul of what they are calling the "Kimball Corridor" -- basically Kimball from College Ave to Tuttle Creek Blvd will be developed with condos, town homes, businesses, restaurants, etc. This is being done with NBAF  in mind, but it will certainly be a major benefit to Athletics. Within 5+ years, there won't be any more sheep lot parking, but there will be sports bars or restaurants across the street to get Pak'd in before a Catz hoops or foosball event.

You could make a pretty easy case that NBAF will be as important a city "center" as Anderson Hall currently is, and BSFS will be just down the street.

Related: http://www.found.ksu.edu/noteworthy/2014/new-building.html

First step in development of north campus corridor. Lots more to come.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: June 26, 2014, 09:29:01 AM »
But what about BSFS in an open field and 8 miles away from campus? 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: June 26, 2014, 09:31:58 AM »

World of outlaws?!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: June 26, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »

World of outlaws?!

this place is going to be rough ridin' awesome now

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: June 26, 2014, 09:37:09 AM »
if we had redneck racecars and demo derby at BSFS after an 11AM game I would stay for it and just go nuts guys

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #7245 on: June 26, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Here's the thing.  BSFS is 1.3 miles from Anderson.  Perceived "heart" of campus.  But, it's not really the center of campus anymore.  Over the past decades, campus growth has been northwest.  Even if you don't consider jardine/athletic complex/rec center/vet complex part of campus, the stadium is still only .5mile from Claflin/Denison. 

I definitely wish we'd built the thing on top of East Stadium years ago.  But, over the years, we chose to just extend campus to the football stadium.  Either way, it's essentially "on campus" in every sense of the phrase.

The city and K-State are about to embark on a massive overhaul of what they are calling the "Kimball Corridor" -- basically Kimball from College Ave to Tuttle Creek Blvd will be developed with condos, town homes, businesses, restaurants, etc. This is being done with NBAF  in mind, but it will certainly be a major benefit to Athletics. Within 5+ years, there won't be any more sheep lot parking, but there will be sports bars or restaurants across the street to get Pak'd in before a Catz hoops or foosball event.

You could make a pretty easy case that NBAF will be as important a city "center" as Anderson Hall currently is, and BSFS will be just down the street.

Related: http://www.found.ksu.edu/noteworthy/2014/new-building.html

First step in development of north campus corridor. Lots more to come.
It's quite exciting, however no more smelling of money on game days. Oh well. :(
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: June 26, 2014, 10:06:56 AM »
Beems:

Iowa States's stadium sucks. I'm sorry you weren't cool enough to go to KU and you ended up getting a degree at the University of Phoenix, but seriously, enough with the stalker routine. Trolling a KU message board at 11:30 pm on a Wednesday night just reeks of an unhealthy obsession. Get help, Heath.

He's lost it!

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: June 26, 2014, 10:17:49 AM »
if we had redneck racecars and demo derby at BSFS after an 11AM game I would stay for it and just go nuts guys

I'm pretty sure Memorial Stadium has room between the north endzone and the stands to hold figure-eight races while the football game is going on.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: June 26, 2014, 10:18:06 AM »
Beems:

Iowa States's stadium sucks. I'm sorry you weren't cool enough to go to KU and you ended up getting a degree at the University of Phoenix, but seriously, enough with the stalker routine. Trolling a KU message board at 11:30 pm on a Wednesday night just reeks of an unhealthy obsession. Get help, Heath.

He's lost it!

Tell him you got "help" and the professional advice included posting on opposing teams BBS's to help relax you to fall asleep.

:ROFL:
bears are fast...

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: June 26, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »
seriously what else are you supposed to do on wednesday night (after kickball)