Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3225259 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #9325 on: October 03, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
I didn't realize Nebraska was so terrible at recruiting.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: October 03, 2014, 01:57:59 PM »

:D

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: October 03, 2014, 02:36:29 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: October 03, 2014, 03:39:59 PM »
I just came across some Insider information:

"As for Harbaugh, most in the coaching world anticipate him staying in San Francisco or possibly taking another NFL job. But if he does leave for a college gig, those close to Harbaugh told an ESPN colleague that it would be for Kansas. Yes, Kansas.

The last time the KU job was open, Harbaugh strongly considered leaving Stanford for Lawrence. So some believe the embattled Niners coach would again kick it around.

Harbaugh’s wife is from Kansas City and, evidently, the man has great affinity for the Sunflower State.

"He's just crazy enough to do it," a Harbaugh confidant told Seth Wickersham, who wrote a definitive profile of Harbaugh for ESPN The Magazine.

Why not Michigan? I'm told that Harbaugh is just too maniacal, given the current state of things and the prideful way that the school's administration postures. UM administration isn't wont to "sell out" for a winner. Miles strikes a balance."

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: October 03, 2014, 03:41:42 PM »
 :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #9330 on: October 03, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »
That's cute.  :lol:

The Big Train

« Reply #9331 on: October 03, 2014, 03:43:14 PM »

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #9332 on: October 03, 2014, 03:51:13 PM »
omg  :lol:. i now believe in the missouri journalism conspiracy theories.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: October 03, 2014, 04:21:21 PM »

"As for Harbaugh, most in the coaching world anticipate him staying in San Francisco or possibly taking another NFL job. But if he does leave for a college gig, those close to Harbaugh told an ESPN colleague that it would be for Kansas. Yes, Kansas.

The last time the KU job was open, Harbaugh strongly considered leaving Stanford for Lawrence. So some believe the embattled Niners coach would again kick it around.

Harbaugh’s wife is from Kansas City and, evidently, the man has great affinity for the Sunflower State.

"He's just crazy enough to do it," a Harbaugh confidant told Seth Wickersham, who wrote a definitive profile of Harbaugh for ESPN The Magazine.

Why not Michigan? I'm told that Harbaugh is just too maniacal, given the current state of things and the prideful way that the school's administration postures. UM administration isn't wont to "sell out" for a winner. Miles strikes a balance."

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: October 03, 2014, 04:23:39 PM »

My KU athletic dept insider, A+, said that Harbaugh faxed his resume when Lew was hiring last time, and Lew didn't even give Harbaugh an interview.  The talk that Harbaugh didn't come because Lew didn't want Harbaugh to coach his bowl game is garbage.  All other stories are garbage.  I don't know how viable a Harbaugh hire today is. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: October 03, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
Harbaugh can have any job he wants in the NFL or college, short of probably 30-40 teams pro/college combined.  Maybe less. 

Also, KU couldnt afford him unless he is not only "crazy enough to do it" but also the most charitable coach in the biz in willing to work for a third of what his market rate would prob be elsewhere.

That all said, I absolutely love this troll work by KU. Its great.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9336 on: October 03, 2014, 05:08:15 PM »
i wanted to chime in with :lol: before it was too late

Offline ljmhawk2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: October 03, 2014, 05:25:26 PM »
Harbaugh can have any job he wants in the NFL or college, short of probably 30-40 teams pro/college combined.  Maybe less. 

Also, KU couldnt afford him unless he is not only "crazy enough to do it" but also the most charitable coach in the biz in willing to work for a third of what his market rate would prob be elsewhere.

happy wife, happy life.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: October 03, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
Harbaugh was making dick at Stanford, relative to other head coaching jobs.  KU would have been a nice raise and a move to a familiar part of the country.

But, Harbaugh got a job that pays way more than KU and got to keep his family in the same area, which is one of the most coveted places to live on planet earth.  And, money is no problem for him now.

Maybe it's me that is crazy, but I cannot understand why anyone would leave a massive salary in the Bay Area for a huge pay cut to where his wife "grew up," and inherit a team that is the worst in the power conferences.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: October 03, 2014, 06:02:19 PM »
The only college job I can see Harbaugh leaving the NFL for is Florida once they fire Muschamp (I don't think he ever goes to Michigan). I don't see how any rational person could utter KU Head Coach and Jim Harbaugh in the same sentence without keeling over from laughter.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: October 03, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »
The only college job I can see Harbaugh leaving the NFL for is Florida once they fire Muschamp (I don't think he ever goes to Michigan). I don't see how any rational person could utter KU Head Coach and Jim Harbaugh in the same sentence without keeling over from laughter.

Face it, we're a sexy bitch.  You's a basic.

The Big Train

« Reply #9341 on: October 03, 2014, 07:33:52 PM »

Face it, we're a sexy bitch.  You's a basic.

looks like Spracne is still living the Lawrence way  :frown:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9342 on: October 03, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »

happy wife, happy life.
Thx. Gawd, I got in on this...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9343 on: October 03, 2014, 07:49:14 PM »

happy wife, happy life.

Seriously, tho.  A group of you guys(not you) trolled so hard they hooked all the tshirts(you).  Its pretty amazing.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9344 on: October 03, 2014, 09:59:17 PM »
I don't want to watch them do this to themselves again
emaw

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9345 on: October 03, 2014, 10:00:26 PM »
I don't want to watch them do this to themselves again

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: October 04, 2014, 10:51:43 AM »
But does anyone wonder why he was here for the basketball game?  Does he love KU basketball that much?

Wonder if a big $ donor invited him and during the tour he wanted to show him SZ's office.  SZ happened to be in there with a mock-up statue that would be placed outside of the main gate at Memorial.  SZ tells him he has a lot on his plate, and that JH would have full control over the program.  No big-ego NFL execs to stick their noses in his operation.  What's that?  A piece of paper with someones credit card number on it?  Oh, that's not a credit card number?  It's his offer. That's a huge number, but KU is willing to do it.  Bill Self walks in and asks what's up boss?  Smooth handshake/shoulder slap.  Harbaugh is impressed.  He looks out the window and see's his wife laughing and hugging her family.  He hasn't seen her this happy in years.  Zenger walks up beside him.  JH says he has to finish this next season.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: October 04, 2014, 11:02:07 AM »

hey guys do you think we could snatch derek fisher away from the knicks??

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: October 04, 2014, 11:07:15 AM »
Then zulus head morphs into the leprechaun from the lucky charms commercial and bill selfs face turns into a big plate of cheese.  Charley Unicorn Weis trotts into the room and acts all pissed off that Harbaugh would dare eat his lucky charms, then laughs and says that he was jk and that he would love to share with harbaugh while discussing the first superbowl played on the moon and how it was that harbaugh was able to keep the kickoffs from going into orbit, all over a nice face of cheese.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: October 04, 2014, 11:14:35 AM »
Depending on which Cost of Living calculator you believe (San Fran to Lawrence), he could take nearly a $2M pay cut and maintain their current standard of living. So in theory, we could pay him in the $3-$3.5M neighborhood and he'd effectively be getting a pay raise.

Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite