Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3300374 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #25625 on: November 01, 2023, 04:29:54 PM »
The phog is high on being a playoff contender next year thanks to a "soft" schedule.

Lots of 10-2 and 11-1 talk. Amazing to think that they had a dimension ridden coach less than just a simple car loan term ago.
They are now seeing the world in 3D

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #25626 on: November 01, 2023, 09:13:14 PM »
I think the big hats are funny

Underappreciated SNL reference.

DLew can correct me, but I don't think it was a SNL reference. These hats rose to my awareness when some NFL player gave a locker room interview wearing one either earlier this year or last year (the years begin to run together). He said something like, "My friend owns a big hat company. If you want a big hat, let me know ..."

Edit: Ok, I think I found it: https://twitter.com/NBC4Sports/status/1596987522768588800?s=20
I will correct you.  Norm MacDonald playing Burt Reynolds (aka turd ferguson) on celebrity jeopardy.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 10:49:12 PM by bananaeater »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25627 on: November 01, 2023, 10:51:40 PM »
I'm familiar, you degenerate. I just think Dlew was referring to the recent big hat trend, but he can speak for himself.

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25628 on: November 01, 2023, 11:42:32 PM »
I'm familiar, you degenerate. I just think Dlew was referring to the recent big hat trend, but he can speak for himself.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #25629 on: November 02, 2023, 06:17:57 AM »
Yeah.  I like the big hats.

I also like the referenced celebrity jeopardy sketch, and Norm in general (rest his soul).  But I was talking about the big baseball hats in this thread.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25630 on: November 02, 2023, 08:06:11 AM »
I was unaware that there was an actual company making the big hats.

I thought it was just a take on the Norm McDonald SNL Celebrity Jeopardy skit.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25631 on: November 02, 2023, 08:26:09 AM »
Another dangerous field storming and yet another even more dangerous goal post tear down in LawrenTucky

SMDH, sad
the irony? of ku fans brow beating opponents when they storm their courts after hoops wins only to have this dickhole rock chalking all over tiktok

Flailing around with 2,000 pound goal posts, getting up in the faces of opposing players just trying to leave the field.

The worst part of it is, the construction company which has lots of K-Staters and who has done all the field projects for K-State of late . . . is openly stating that they're willing to install another 2000 pound goal post weapon for KU within a few days.  Just hate to see K-State partners facilitating this dangerous behavior at KU, which happens again and again and again.

Sad

Not sure where you're getting your info, but the KU field and ground crew replaced the uprights immediately after the game.

Extra goal posts are left over from the Charlie Weis era when he taught players how to celebrate wins.  I think he ordered extra goal posts as part of a coordinated effort on celebrating wins.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25632 on: November 02, 2023, 08:48:14 AM »
Guys... I just realized that since KU is now 6-2, they have qualified for back to back bowl games for only the 2nd time in school history. This sets up the possibility that next year they could have the first stretch of 3 bowl appearances in school history!

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #25633 on: November 02, 2023, 08:49:12 AM »
They are legitimately good and fun AF to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #25634 on: November 02, 2023, 09:04:39 AM »
Seems bad?

LAWRENCE, Kan. (LJW) — Costs to renovate the University of Kansas football stadium and add a conference center to its north bowl are likely to be more than $100 million greater than what KU leaders expected just a year ago. The Lawrence Journal-World reports that members of the Kansas Board of Regents were told that KU now expects its first phase of renovations at KU's Memorial Stadium to cost $448 million. That's up from a $335 million project maximum that the Regents approved late last year.

The stadium renovation is a piece of a bigger project that aims to convert the area around the stadium at 11th and Mississippi streets into a new gateway district for the university. KU leaders envision the area being a hub for conferences and conventions, while also housing restaurants, retail and other uses that would appeal to visitors, residents or KU students and staff. KU officials say work is expected to be completed by August 2025.

https://kansaspublicradio.org/local-news/2023-11-02/headlines-for-thursday-october-2-2023

:/

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25635 on: November 02, 2023, 09:53:43 AM »
Are they going to be allowed to start with that much of a cost overage already???

I suspected this was going to happen at some point in the project, but not before the first shovel of dirt had even been moved.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25636 on: November 02, 2023, 10:37:15 AM »
Iowa State is getting really excited about hosting the Jayhawks this weekend

https://twitter.com/cyclonefb/status/1719360589582172527?s=42&t=L-FOoIBYrpLZaDLROVS09g

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25637 on: November 02, 2023, 11:32:56 AM »
Well if they win that game they're going to be in first place with three games to play, they should be excited.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25638 on: November 02, 2023, 11:49:09 AM »
Are they going to be allowed to start with that much of a cost overage already???

I suspected this was going to happen at some point in the project, but not before the first shovel of dirt had even been moved.

LL's contract requires it, I thought.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #25639 on: November 02, 2023, 02:21:03 PM »
Well if they win that game they're going to be in first place with three games to play, they should be excited.
come on, Make It Ames, their best win was at home against OSU and they got throttled by OU

@ byu
texas
@ ksu

but ya I guess it is very iowa statey to get hyped even though you haven’t hit the meat of your schedule

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #25640 on: November 02, 2023, 02:35:06 PM »
come on, Make It Ames, their best win was at home against OSU and they got throttled by OU

@ byu
texas
@ ksu

but ya I guess it is very iowa statey to get hyped even though you haven’t hit the meat of your schedule
TBF, K-State hasn't hit the meat of its schedule yet and i'm hyped AS HELL.  :party:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25641 on: November 02, 2023, 03:58:23 PM »

@ byu
texas
@ ksu

Oh, I think they're going 0-4 to finish the year, I'm just saying I get the excitement, particularly for them.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25642 on: November 02, 2023, 06:18:43 PM »
This is their biggest achievement since winning the big 12 regular season championship a couple years ago

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25643 on: November 02, 2023, 07:47:15 PM »
It would just be LOL if they don't start on the project in time to keep Lightpole.  His name is being dropped on a lot of P5 HC gigs.  This would be the excuse for leaving for a better job.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25644 on: November 03, 2023, 02:53:41 PM »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25645 on: November 03, 2023, 10:56:38 PM »
I think JJ Watt is saying in a roundabout way that it's questionable how long Lightpole stays at KU.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25646 on: November 04, 2023, 06:26:58 PM »
Tick Tock motherfuckers.

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25647 on: November 04, 2023, 06:51:16 PM »
I was just thinking, if KU really cared about their football fans, they would offer a season ticket package of away games only.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25648 on: November 04, 2023, 09:17:14 PM »
Tick Tock motherfuckers.

KU fans are the only fan base in the Big 12 who would feel in their bag about playing like this against 5-3 Iowa State

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25649 on: November 04, 2023, 09:24:51 PM »
I'm happy for the Hawks but Lance is the biggest dang whiner