Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3220008 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #23550 on: September 02, 2022, 09:42:13 AM »
Lol, Google news has the tn tech KU game labeled as FCS

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #23551 on: September 02, 2022, 10:26:06 AM »
I think there's a very good chance ku goes bowling this year.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23552 on: September 02, 2022, 10:27:43 AM »

KU regular season wins o/u 2.5. Hammer the over!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23553 on: September 02, 2022, 10:31:29 AM »
I think they could get 3!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23554 on: September 02, 2022, 10:39:58 AM »

I think they end up 3-9 or 4-8, and we all say they improved.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23555 on: September 02, 2022, 10:42:13 AM »
It's tough to read.  They should have an OK rushing attack if their line can hold up, but they are an injury or two away from being in serious trouble.  Their line as it is is pretty bad, but it gets really ugly if someone like Bostick goes down.

Who knows about their defense.  That Ohio State transfer should help, but they were just about the worst defense in the country last season.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23556 on: September 02, 2022, 11:25:46 AM »

I think they end up 3-9 or 4-8, and we all say they improved.

lather, rinse, repeat

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23557 on: September 02, 2022, 12:50:50 PM »
Ah, it's football season with the Phog coming back to it's true form!

The only thing on KSU's list of projects, both recent and future, that KU hasn't already had for some time is a revamped football stadium.

However, while the ecokats have continued to add on tinker-toy and lego-block-looking additions to an archaic stadium, KU is planning a full replacement "Tah Mahal" of a football stadium.

Along with that, KU has expanded the plan to include other additional possible projects at the site such as a conventional center, entertainment, a medical faciliity, retail, etc.

There is a lot of space around the current stadium footprint that could be used for a very wide variety of things.

We'll see what some of these big-time architecture firms come up with.

Two weeks isn't a lot of time to brainstorm, but I'm guessing some, if not all, knew this was coming ahead of time.

One of the more brilliant ideas in this expanded project is it allows for the endowment to get involved.

If it were athletic only, that wouldn't be the case, as I understand it.

Further, I have not heard any wavering from the $500-700M+ minimum expected stadium rebuild cost among the donors I know.

I don't think the rumor that "the funding is ready" is speaking of just the $350M we already know about.

There is still the expectation that regardless of what the new stadium ends up being it will be built in phases in order to keep KU football playing in Lawrence while construction occurs.

With the total project scope being expanded, I wouldn't be surprised to see the total head toward $1B for the full investment.

Just my 2 cents, if they are going to go "all in" on the project this time, they need to not be afraid to rebuild the Anderson Football Complex.

For example, if moving the football stadium footprint South to incorporate the hill as part of the design ends up "cool as hell", then blow up Anderson and rebuild it bigger and better as part of the project.

The same goes for the indoor practice facility. I don't care if the paint just dried yesterday. If they need to move that facility elsewhere, just do it. It's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

They need to not just hit a home run on this. They need to set a precedent in the college athletics world that makes everyone stand up and take notice.

That's how I see it anyway. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23558 on: September 02, 2022, 12:55:29 PM »

The only thing on KSU's list of projects, both recent and future, that KU hasn't already had for some time is a revamped football stadium.

However, while the ecokats have continued to add on tinker-toy and lego-block-looking additions to an archaic stadium, KU is planning a full replacement "Tah Mahal" of a football stadium.

Along with that, KU has expanded the plan to include other additional possible projects at the site such as a conventional center, entertainment, a medical faciliity, retail, etc.

There is a lot of space around the current stadium footprint that could be used for a very wide variety of things.

Two weeks isn't a lot of time to brainstorm, but I'm guessing some, if not all, knew this was coming ahead of time.

One of the more brilliant ideas in this expanded project is it allows for the endowment to get involved.

Further, I have not heard any wavering from the $500-700M+ minimum expected stadium rebuild cost among the donors I know.

I don't think the rumor that "the funding is ready" is speaking of just the $350M we already know about.

There is still the expectation that regardless of what the new stadium ends up being it will be built in phases in order to keep KU football playing in Lawrence while construction occurs.

With the total project scope being expanded, I wouldn't be surprised to see the total head toward $1B for the full investment.

Just my 2 cents, if they are going to go "all in" on the project this time, they need to not be afraid to rebuild the Anderson Football Complex.

For example, if moving the football stadium footprint South to incorporate the hill as part of the design ends up "cool as hell", then blow up Anderson and rebuild it bigger and better as part of the project.

The same goes for the indoor practice facility. I don't care if the paint just dried yesterday. If they need to move that facility elsewhere, just do it. It's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

They need to not just hit a home run on this. They need to set a precedent in the college athletics world that makes everyone stand up and take notice.

THIS is what will finally get them into the Big 10 in 2045
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23559 on: September 02, 2022, 12:57:45 PM »
A billion dollar investment into KU football.  Wow.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23560 on: September 02, 2022, 01:06:48 PM »
Sounds pretty cool
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23561 on: September 02, 2022, 01:54:21 PM »
I always enjoy the "KU has had stuff a lot longer than K-State talking point".

Only off by 30 to 50 years depending on the facility.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23562 on: September 02, 2022, 02:31:12 PM »

Sock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23563 on: September 02, 2022, 02:41:36 PM »

Sock

Grape sheep humper probably.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23564 on: September 02, 2022, 07:22:07 PM »
Tonight starts the rebuild!  Ku up 14 fast!  Looking good!
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23565 on: September 02, 2022, 07:30:30 PM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23566 on: September 02, 2022, 07:38:48 PM »
Shift in power

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23567 on: September 02, 2022, 07:44:26 PM »

Man I just don’t see it. They’ll lose one non con game and that means they’ll have to go 4-5 in conf play. Don’t think they can.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23568 on: September 02, 2022, 07:53:18 PM »
I'm going to have to buy espn+ aren't I?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23569 on: September 02, 2022, 08:04:35 PM »
I'm going to have to buy espn+ aren't I?
You should be able to find alternative streams online

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23570 on: September 02, 2022, 08:07:35 PM »
I guess, if you have no morals

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23571 on: September 02, 2022, 08:16:02 PM »
I guess, if you have no morals
Okay

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23572 on: September 02, 2022, 08:17:35 PM »

Man I just don’t see it. They’ll lose one non con game and that means they’ll have to go 4-5 in conf play. Don’t think they can.

They have some nice skill players but their lines are going to get prison raped by most teams.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23573 on: September 02, 2022, 08:28:35 PM »
Ky Thomas being their #3 or #4 back is interesting.  Potter is #2 on the LB depth chart.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23574 on: September 02, 2022, 08:37:11 PM »
Ky Thomas being their #3 or #4 back is interesting.  Potter is #2 on the LB depth chart.

He looks like 4th on the depth chart to me (Thomas). Tennessee Tech is likely terrible, but we've let teams like this hang around in recent years, so I'll take this as progress. How much progress? TBD.