Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3217055 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #21650 on: April 03, 2020, 07:52:49 AM »
lmao, he’s going to get whatever he wants from them

https://twitter.com/kcstar/status/1245792897317904386

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21651 on: April 03, 2020, 08:19:26 AM »
With the exception of Saturdays in the fall, this is the biggest ass kicking I've seen in Lawrence.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21652 on: April 03, 2020, 08:31:06 AM »
This is amazing

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21653 on: April 03, 2020, 11:25:54 AM »
With the exception of Saturdays in the fall, this is the biggest ass kicking I've seen in Lawrence.
Don't forget their basketball team's battered victims.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21654 on: April 03, 2020, 11:57:45 AM »
So when they pay the full amount rather than let those docs out, what will phog say?  It will be 100% proof that Bill is super cheaty but they won't admit it.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21655 on: April 03, 2020, 12:40:53 PM »
I’m not a lawyer, but honestly I think at this point he should be getting more than $3 million.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21656 on: April 03, 2020, 07:18:21 PM »
If you're a KU booster, how does this whole mess not irritate the eff out of you?

If/when Beatty wins, he could potentially recoup his legal fees in the form of KU paying them. But, even if that doesn't happen and it's still just the $3 million, they will have badly miscalculated this whole thing, had all this dirt go public and then they'll have to approach donors (again) to bail them out for yet another bad football hire.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21657 on: April 03, 2020, 11:12:34 PM »
If you're a KU booster, how does this whole mess not irritate the eff out of you?

If/when Beatty wins, he could potentially recoup his legal fees in the form of KU paying them. But, even if that doesn't happen and it's still just the $3 million, they will have badly miscalculated this whole thing, had all this dirt go public and then they'll have to approach donors (again) to bail them out for yet another bad football hire.

Who I feel bad for is the in-house lawyer for KUA Inc. getting overzealous and convincing his client that s/he had a fool-proof strategy to renege on contractual promises and representations made at termination. Maybe there will be an in-house counsel opening soon...  :D

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21658 on: April 03, 2020, 11:49:25 PM »
lmao, he’s going to get whatever he wants from them

https://twitter.com/kcstar/status/1245792897317904386

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listened to them talk about this on 580 Sports Talk while driving across Topeka yesterday.  The question was laid out how much money will Beaty get out of the Hawks.  The host did not think the $ million.  Then a recent KU grad, Brandon D (I ain't spelling his last name - it is too SE European for me to sort out) dropped this bombshell.  He then said "Pay him now!"  Every cent, and more.  There is no way KU wants any of this stuff subpoenaed.  They want depositions from the federal investigations, documents, emails, and all sorts of stuff that will tear the ADs and hoops program apart showing a culture of corruption and how Beaty was singled out in an effort to fire him.

The next issue quickly turned to how much KU fans are growing to hate their AD.  At first they liked him, for he gave them hope for an improved stadium and he got rid of Beaty.  But now they have an increasingly obvious impaired head football coach, and the corruption in hoops about to be uncovered to the point it could really harm the program.

Oh, how things turn in Lawrence.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21659 on: April 04, 2020, 12:05:30 PM »
If they settle confidentially it will be proof that the bball program was cheating its nuts off.  We can basically give the '08 title to Memphis.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21660 on: April 04, 2020, 12:07:42 PM »
If they settle confidentially it will be proof that the bball program was cheating its nuts off.  We can basically give the '08 title to Memphis.

heh.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21661 on: April 04, 2020, 12:16:24 PM »

heh.

But they won't because they are right, KU has cause for firing beaty and the NCAA/FBI subpoena would definitely NOT reveal they are cheating big time in basketball and must vacate the 08 title.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21662 on: April 04, 2020, 12:24:57 PM »

heh.

But they won't because they are right, KU has cause for firing beaty and the NCAA/FBI subpoena would definitely NOT reveal they are cheating big time in basketball and must vacate the 08 title.

Oh. I thought the joke was that Memphis was already stripped of their 2008 FF appearance.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21663 on: April 04, 2020, 01:23:10 PM »
Pretty sure that means the '08 Title would go to KSU Khatz, then.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21664 on: April 04, 2020, 11:49:18 PM »
I believe he was a former KU baseball player.

He and his brother both played baseball at KU.  His brother owns the mattress stores in Wichita that have that sheep in their commercials.  Mattress Firm?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21665 on: April 05, 2020, 11:44:56 AM »

heh.

Oh. I thought the joke was that Memphis was already stripped of their 2008 FF appearance.

Who lost to Memphis in final four?  They are now champs

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21666 on: April 05, 2020, 02:55:56 PM »

He and his brother both played baseball at KU.  His brother owns the mattress stores in Wichita that have that sheep in their commercials.  Mattress Firm?

I think that is a money laundering operation. Probably belongs in the favorite conspiracy thread.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21667 on: April 05, 2020, 03:16:05 PM »

heh.

Who lost to Memphis in final four?  They are now champs

Why not UNC (KU's FF opponent)? They could hang the banner next to their Helms championships.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21668 on: April 05, 2020, 03:17:48 PM »
 No one hangs helms.  That’s for posers

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21669 on: April 05, 2020, 03:18:29 PM »

UNC does.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21670 on: April 05, 2020, 04:02:13 PM »

I think that is a money laundering operation. Probably belongs in the favorite conspiracy thread.
:ROFL: I thought the same thing, then started reading about mattress firm and drug fronts. It's the only conspiracy I believe in.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21671 on: April 05, 2020, 09:44:04 PM »

Pretty sure one of their former partners owes/owed a crap load of money to people in Wichita gambling circles.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21672 on: April 05, 2020, 09:44:58 PM »

:ROFL: I thought the same thing, then started reading about mattress firm and drug fronts. It's the only conspiracy I believe in.

see my previous post. wouldn't be surprised at all. hox of a feather
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21673 on: April 06, 2020, 09:39:26 AM »

UNC does.

Probably a joke.  They have plenty of the real ones.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21674 on: April 06, 2020, 06:58:48 PM »
I would've thought unc was above that sort thing.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.