Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3222240 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #19650 on: November 04, 2018, 09:57:48 PM »
He's a rough ridin' weirdo recluse
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #19651 on: November 04, 2018, 10:04:34 PM »
Whistling past the graveyard is indeed one way to cope.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19652 on: November 05, 2018, 06:13:22 AM »
Whistling past the graveyard is indeed one way to cope.

I agree with your assessment.

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19653 on: November 05, 2018, 07:03:28 AM »
I realize his record is horrid and probably should be fired, but I am a little surprised honestly.  I honestly think that Beaty has put together more talent than KSU he just never could put it all together to win games; hence, the reason for his record.  Its been a long time since I could say that the talent difference between KSU and KU is equal or perhaps slightly tilted in KU's favor, but in the few times I have watched KU play I could see Wise, Holmes, Dineen, Defense, Lee, P. Williams, Saunders, Rui and Thompson all starting for KSU (perhaps some of their OL, but I am not sure).

I am with the gang on Les Miles... I can't see him rebuilding KU.  Perhaps he could get them organized better and improve the leadership, but turn around a team about to lose a ton of players?  Seems like a long-shot, but at the same time I can't see many legitimate current head coaches (P5 or G5) knocking at their door.

I hope KSU comes ready to play on Saturday!  I could see KU rallying behind their coach and I can't say the same about us...

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19654 on: November 05, 2018, 09:04:37 AM »
lol @ Long firing Beatty now so he couldn't save his job by beating K-State.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19655 on: November 05, 2018, 09:05:15 AM »

irl smart move on his part. not the actual firing which was stupid, but the timing if he was dead set on hiring his own guy.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is hurting
« Reply #19656 on: November 05, 2018, 09:08:54 AM »
Why you do it now and not after Nichols State is beyond me unless he already found someone willing to take the job and he’s afraid some other FCS team is gonna snatch his guy up.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19657 on: November 05, 2018, 09:10:16 AM »
They should hire Cale Gundy.  THAT would be a hire that would make Dlew say "hm...very smart hire by KU."

Les doesn't scare me.  Another retread.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19658 on: November 05, 2018, 09:22:54 AM »

irl smart move on his part. not the actual firing which was stupid, but the timing if he was dead set on hiring his own guy.

yes, he killed any possibility of bill laying down for Beaty next weekend

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19659 on: November 05, 2018, 09:23:39 AM »
:zzz:
Les Miles has as much chance of going to Lawrence as Harbaugh did back in 09... which was 0%.

What the eff are you and the others droning on about with Les Miles. Where the hell are all of these P5 options where he can turn down KU? There were 13 P5 positions, and one P5-y position up for hire last year and he wasn't even a candidate for any of them. I realize Jeff Long didn't make any of the previous shitty ku football hires, but my god, is there anyone there who were around for Chuck Weiss?

I hope they hire Les Miles.

Me too

Okay, so first question, why? Second questions, what makes you think he'd even take the job?

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19660 on: November 05, 2018, 09:28:06 AM »
I hope they get Kiffin.  I'm not sure he would take it but it would be all sorts of fun.

Les Miles has openly campaigned for a lot of jobs the past two years (including mid-majors) and I'm not sure he's gotten one interview.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19661 on: November 05, 2018, 09:28:57 AM »
If I were a KU fan, I’d be very nervous about getting Weised by a guy like Les.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19662 on: November 05, 2018, 10:03:14 AM »
Highly possible, but Les is much more competitive than Weis.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19663 on: November 05, 2018, 10:15:15 AM »
Two things about Les:

1.  The amoeba defense he threw at OU while at OSU was genius. 

2.  Talent bailed his dumb hyper conservative then all of sudden river boat gambler ass out at LSU so many times it’s LOL’able

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19664 on: November 05, 2018, 10:59:52 AM »
Les would win 5 or 6 games in his first season and have a 10 win season within his first 5 years of taking the job.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19665 on: November 05, 2018, 11:40:32 AM »
Les would win 5 or 6 games in his first season and have a 10 win season within his first 5 years of taking the job.

lol, no

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19666 on: November 05, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »

This is the Manchurian Candidate type crap we need more of
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19667 on: November 05, 2018, 01:00:20 PM »
Two things about Les:

1.  The amoeba defense he threw at OU while at OSU was genius. 

2.  Talent bailed his dumb hyper conservative then all of sudden river boat gambler ass out at LSU so many times it’s LOL’able

3. LOLOLOLOL at his clock management at the end of close games, like, a LOT of times.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19668 on: November 05, 2018, 01:01:16 PM »
I don't want to say anything until they hire him

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19669 on: November 05, 2018, 02:23:25 PM »
BITB is on it

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19670 on: November 05, 2018, 02:49:27 PM »
This is the week that KU passes KSU in football. For how long remains to be seen.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19671 on: November 05, 2018, 02:51:05 PM »
BITB is openly pushing Miles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19672 on: November 05, 2018, 03:08:09 PM »
Les Miles has as much chance of going to Lawrence as Harbaugh did back in 09... which was 0%.

What the eff are you and the others droning on about with Les Miles. Where the hell are all of these P5 options where he can turn down KU? There were 13 P5 positions, and one P5-y position up for hire last year and he wasn't even a candidate for any of them. I realize Jeff Long didn't make any of the previous shitty ku football hires, but my god, is there anyone there who were around for Chuck Weiss?

Me too

Okay, so first question, why? Second questions, what makes you think he'd even take the job?

I answered both of these questions in the post you quoted.
1. He's washed. Do you know how much energy it will take to win at a place like ku? He and his staff would have to work twice as hard as they did at LSU. He was fired because he ran an antiquated offense and couldn't recruit or develop QBs, how would that work in the Big 12?

2. I don't know that he'll take it if offered but if he wants a P5 job it's hard to see him getting anything else given 20% of the P5 programs have hired since he was fired and he wasn't a serious candidate for any of those jobs.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19673 on: November 05, 2018, 03:32:52 PM »

Me too

I answered both of these questions in the post you quoted.
1. He's washed. Do you know how much energy it will take to win at a place like ku? He and his staff would have to work twice as hard as they did at LSU. He was fired because he ran an antiquated offense and couldn't recruit or develop QBs, how would that work in the Big 12?

2. I don't know that he'll take it if offered but if he wants a P5 job it's hard to see him getting anything else given 20% of the P5 programs have hired since he was fired and he wasn't a serious candidate for any of those jobs.

I guess my comments were much more centered on my second question than my first. Sure, I don't see him putting out the effort to win at a place like KU. However, I think it's more of a thing where, unless he just really really wants to coach again, he doesn't take the job.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19674 on: November 05, 2018, 03:40:51 PM »
he's 65, he wants that money.  he gets ku to a bowl game, which shouldn't be that hard, he'll look like a hero in the process.