Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3221246 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #14800 on: February 22, 2016, 09:17:53 AM »
What a fantastic way to go through life
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14801 on: February 22, 2016, 09:20:18 AM »
He's got a point about the Anderson Complex >>> Vanier. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: February 22, 2016, 09:22:46 AM »
is he under the impression that farm animals eat "trees and flowers"?

:confused:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14803 on: February 22, 2016, 09:36:29 AM »
apparently this guy doesn't even K-State Rodeo

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14804 on: February 22, 2016, 09:47:43 AM »
That's a parody.  There are no people in the real world like that.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14805 on: February 22, 2016, 09:53:40 AM »
you forget KU fans really hate/envy us

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14806 on: February 22, 2016, 10:04:16 AM »
There is no landscaping or trees around the whole complex... in a word UGLY.

Everything else is hilarious, but this one stings.

That's exactly how I felt reading that.  :frown:

That being said  :ROFL:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #14808 on: February 22, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
Seems reasonable and unbiased.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14809 on: February 22, 2016, 12:22:06 PM »
I always find this fascinating since Memorial Stadium at KU looks like it was designed by a combination of Albert Speer and U.S. Civil Defense planners of the Cold War era.    The Anderson Football Complex doesn't fit with anything about the football stadium architecturally and is made out of pre-cast concrete, replete with Generic Football Guy straight off of Microsoft Office 2003.   

AFH was simply a foul smelling pisshole for nearly 50 years before they actually did something nice to it, their volleyball gym is a tin shed tacked on the backside of AFH, and their baseball stadium is high school steel stands with brick support accents and looks like total garbage.    The "landscaping" around both AFH and Memorial Stadium isn't going to be winning any landscape architecture awards anytime soon. 

Rented Rock Chalk Park appears as though public school architects traveled between the sports complex's of Blue Valley and Olathe Public Schools, picked out the worst one, and then went with that design.   

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14810 on: February 22, 2016, 12:31:26 PM »

And they never do pyrmaids or get the crowd chanting together like “Let’s go Jayhawks! Or “Defense.”.

How long until our athletic department fixes this embarrassment?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14811 on: February 22, 2016, 12:33:43 PM »

And they never do pyrmaids or get the crowd chanting together like “Let’s go Jayhawks! Or “Defense.”.

How long until our athletic department fixes this embarrassment?

i'm guessing the "eff ku" chant doesn't count?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14812 on: February 22, 2016, 12:36:28 PM »
Thought I 'd post my thoughts on our little brother to the west. I will post my game reactions later but here are my thoughts on their facilities, atmosphere and other random musings. First, as you drive to the arena, you view the horse parking. I kid you not at least 40 horse trailers were parked behind a fire station. That should indicate what type of hicks you will encounter. We parked in the football stadium lot. We were early so we walked around the complex. The basketball training facility looks nice I think it has one court couldn’t tell for sure. Don’t know why it is called the ice facility maybe they train on ice? The football stadium is truly a hole in the ground! On the side of the stadium are banners proudly showing their only athletic glory-- Old Balls bowls. We walked by the new office complex to the other side. Their new building looks nice but I think Anderson is nicer. The West Side does look like a prison (fitting since that’s who only would go to that hell hole.) The Stadium is a hodgepodge of architecture styles. Looking into the stadium I think we have about the same amount of suites that they do but not the loge seating. There is no landscaping or trees around the whole complex... in a word UGLY. Since they are the ag school, couldn’t they plant some trees and flowers? I guess they can’t because their cheerleaders would eat them! Overall Memorial stadium is much nicer and way way way more scenic!

The arena is cold and generic. No character. I'm surprised at the retired jerseys. I didn’t know any of the names. I guess they don’t have a history of greats like Chamberlin, Manning, and Woodard. The arena is loud! The crowd boos every single call - I don’t think they are very basketball knowledgeable. Pregame they do a weak imitation of the Rock Chalk Chant where they spell out KSU. It was dumb. The pregame video wasn’t working properly or was meant to be real jerky... I couldn’t tell. When they play their fight song they all rock back and forth (Again trying to find something to imitate us… this time it’s our wheat waving). My wife noticed that their cheerleaders don’t have an end to their fight song routine so they just shake their pom poms. And they never do pyrmaids or get the crowd chanting together like “Let’s go Jayhawks! Or “Defense.” During the game we took their crowd out of it but when they got within 10 it did get loud. Overall the atmosphere is much better than OU or Texas or TCU or Baylor. It is equal to or a bit better than ISU and OSU. Impressions of the game to follow.
:lol:

Awesome evalutation.  Impressed, after all the negative attributes, that we are better than Tejas, TCU, Land thieves, and Baylor, and on par with Iowa State and Okie State.  More 6th grade level burns in those paragraphs than I've seen in a long time. 

The Big Train

« Reply #14813 on: February 22, 2016, 12:38:13 PM »
That was really great wacky

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14814 on: February 22, 2016, 01:44:34 PM »
Thought I 'd post my thoughts on our little brother to the west. I will post my game reactions later but here are my thoughts on their facilities, atmosphere and other random musings. First, as you drive to the arena, you view the horse parking. I kid you not at least 40 horse trailers were parked behind a fire station. That should indicate what type of hicks you will encounter. We parked in the football stadium lot. We were early so we walked around the complex. The basketball training facility looks nice I think it has one court couldn’t tell for sure. Don’t know why it is called the ice facility maybe they train on ice? The football stadium is truly a hole in the ground! On the side of the stadium are banners proudly showing their only athletic glory-- Old Balls bowls. We walked by the new office complex to the other side. Their new building looks nice but I think Anderson is nicer. The West Side does look like a prison (fitting since that’s who only would go to that hell hole.) The Stadium is a hodgepodge of architecture styles. Looking into the stadium I think we have about the same amount of suites that they do but not the loge seating. There is no landscaping or trees around the whole complex... in a word UGLY. Since they are the ag school, couldn’t they plant some trees and flowers? I guess they can’t because their cheerleaders would eat them! Overall Memorial stadium is much nicer and way way way more scenic!

The arena is cold and generic. No character. I'm surprised at the retired jerseys. I didn’t know any of the names. I guess they don’t have a history of greats like Chamberlin, Manning, and Woodard. The arena is loud! The crowd boos every single call - I don’t think they are very basketball knowledgeable. Pregame they do a weak imitation of the Rock Chalk Chant where they spell out KSU. It was dumb. The pregame video wasn’t working properly or was meant to be real jerky... I couldn’t tell. When they play their fight song they all rock back and forth (Again trying to find something to imitate us… this time it’s our wheat waving). My wife noticed that their cheerleaders don’t have an end to their fight song routine so they just shake their pom poms. And they never do pyrmaids or get the crowd chanting together like “Let’s go Jayhawks! Or “Defense.” During the game we took their crowd out of it but when they got within 10 it did get loud. Overall the atmosphere is much better than OU or Texas or TCU or Baylor. It is equal to or a bit better than ISU and OSU. Impressions of the game to follow.
that was delightful to read

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14815 on: February 22, 2016, 02:09:56 PM »
maybe they train on ice!

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14816 on: February 22, 2016, 02:24:04 PM »
maybe they train on ice!

Set up to train for our new super bowl on that ice rink in the Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14817 on: February 22, 2016, 04:56:29 PM »
The latest Butthurtistan Conspiracy.   K-State/MHK has the Kansas DC delegation in their hip pocket, therefore K-State/MHK has an unfair advantage in getting Fed money for the airport.     :lol:

Man "little brother" sounds more and more like Big Brother every single day.   Like a Boss . . .

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14818 on: February 22, 2016, 05:00:03 PM »
The latest Butthurtistan Conspiracy.   K-State/MHK has the Kansas DC delegation in their hip pocket, therefore K-State/MHK has an unfair advantage in getting Fed money for the airport.     :lol:

Man "little brother" sounds more and more like Big Brother every single day.   Like a Boss . . .
Do we have USDHS/USAG in our pocket too since we got NBAF through dirty tricks?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14819 on: February 22, 2016, 05:01:57 PM »

Do we have USDHS/USAG in our pocket too since we got NBAF through dirty tricks?

Apparently it's total DC and Topeka political dominance by K-State aka Big Brother.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14820 on: February 22, 2016, 05:19:01 PM »
Is KU going to lose a 5th coach this offseason?   But don't worry, Matt "Pom Poms a Wavin" Tait says it's all perfectly fine and normal and that all 18 KU football fans should be proud that Beatty has such an eye for talented coaches.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14822 on: February 22, 2016, 05:27:48 PM »

Would read his impressions of the game/other games and things as well. He appears to have an extremely fair and balanced viewpoint.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #14823 on: February 22, 2016, 08:18:36 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14824 on: February 22, 2016, 09:11:11 PM »
Just shut the program down

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2016/feb/22/weekend-robbery-sexual-battery-lead-arrest-two-ku-/

casually thrown in at the end... smdh

Around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday a female KU student told police that Rivers touched her "inappropriately" and attempted to remove her clothing without her consent, Anguiano said.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite