Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3224031 times)

The Big Train

Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #13000 on: August 25, 2015, 08:54:05 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/102510/kansas-picking-up-pieces-after-ruinous-charlie-weis-era

this whole article made me :frown: and then trotter dropped this line...  :lol:

If all that weren’t enough, Beaty lost Cummings, the projected starting quarterback, to a freak injury when a walk-on crashed into his knee while making a tackle in the spring game, even though Cummings was wearing a no-contact jersey.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13001 on: August 25, 2015, 10:06:17 PM »
Talked to a guy tonight whos son plays WR for KU... said KU has 25 wide receivers. Isn't that like half their team?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13002 on: August 25, 2015, 10:07:15 PM »
lol

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13003 on: August 26, 2015, 02:53:09 AM »

Same thing that happened to ku fball and ksu basketball, they got rid of a decent coach

What about SMU they were doing decent and better with June Jones. Is he gone now as well? Or were those years just a fluke and they're still struggling from the, "Death," penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #13004 on: August 26, 2015, 08:49:51 AM »
Maybe they're not hurting. Or maybe we are suffering with them? There was some discussion on the phog about whether their orange bowl year had more value than the entirety of K-State's last 25 years.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13005 on: August 26, 2015, 08:56:02 AM »
Maybe they're not hurting. Or maybe we are suffering with them? There was some discussion on the phog about whether their orange bowl year had more value than the entirety of K-State's last 25 years.

Is that even quantifiable? If you were to use football success and how that turns into donor dollars. . . .well, let's just say that the clip art complex and new practice fields don't hold a candle to the WSC and Vanier 2.0.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13006 on: August 26, 2015, 09:44:36 AM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/102510/kansas-picking-up-pieces-after-ruinous-charlie-weis-era

this whole article made me :frown: and then trotter dropped this line...  :lol:

If all that weren’t enough, Beaty lost Cummings, the projected starting quarterback, to a freak injury when a walk-on crashed into his knee while making a tackle in the spring game, even though Cummings was wearing a no-contact jersey.

That article makes me sad.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #13007 on: August 26, 2015, 09:56:17 AM »

Is that even quantifiable? If you were to use football success and how that turns into donor dollars. . . .well, let's just say that the clip art complex and new practice fields don't hold a candle to the WSC and Vanier 2.0.
Wasn't dollar value. It was more of, would you rather have the Orange bowl year or the last 25 years of K-State's success.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13008 on: August 26, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »

Same thing that happened to ku fball and ksu basketball, they got rid of a decent coach

What about SMU they were doing decent and better with June Jones. Is he gone now as well? Or were those years just a fluke and they're still struggling from the, "Death," penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline LynchMob42

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13009 on: August 26, 2015, 10:13:01 AM »

Wasn't dollar value. It was more of, would you rather have the Orange bowl year or the last 25 years of K-State's success.

It's clear, based on support and donor dollars, that our 25 years of success is much more "valuable" than their one fluke season.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #13010 on: August 26, 2015, 10:34:59 AM »
I know Tampa is a hot wasteland, but out of all those schools, it's got to be the easiest school to recruit to. I don't care how shitty that coach is.  :frown:

USF has been struggling to get an on-campus stadium built.  They have zero fan support at Raymond James, and UCF has been taking control of Central Florida for the past few years.  So much so that a recent poll has UCF tied with Miami for the third most popular team in the state.

USF got greedy and ditched Leavitt and didn't invest in an on campus stadium like UCF did.  Combine that with a couple of bad coaching hires (I guess the jury is still out on the new guy), and voila, USF is pretty much relegated to their fate as an also ran for the remainder of time.

Offline Big_Dipper

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13011 on: August 26, 2015, 10:45:28 AM »

It's clear, based on support and donor dollars, that our 25 years of success is much more "valuable" than their one fluke season.

It's pretty obvious they just don't know what they're missing. That Orange Bowl is all they have ever had... Not surprising they value the one season. Sad really.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13012 on: August 26, 2015, 10:45:53 AM »
Talked to a guy tonight whos son plays WR for KU... said KU has 25 wide receivers. Isn't that like half their team?

That's just that guy's excuse for his son not starting at WR on the worst team in college football history

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13013 on: August 26, 2015, 12:41:24 PM »

You have to remember that we're discussing KU fans here, and when one of them states that the Orange Bowl BCS victory is the greatest thing to happen in Kansas Div I football history, all other fans will adopt or share that belief.  If you mention Bowl Alliance Series, they don't know what you're talking about.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13014 on: August 26, 2015, 12:49:22 PM »
Winning the Dr. Pepper is a bigger accomplishment.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13015 on: August 26, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »
KU going to an orange bowl is pretty neat, really
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #13016 on: August 26, 2015, 12:52:03 PM »
compared to where they have been since is a once in a lifetime journey

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13017 on: August 26, 2015, 01:47:16 PM »
PREDICTION:
KU football wins at least two conference games this year!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13018 on: August 26, 2015, 01:56:22 PM »
I'd set the O/U at 1.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13019 on: August 26, 2015, 01:57:54 PM »
I'd set the O/U at 1.

For conference games, the O/U should really be 0.5

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13020 on: August 26, 2015, 02:00:05 PM »
I'd set the O/U at 1.
I'll take the over!  :Purple Koolaid: <- but crimson

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13021 on: August 26, 2015, 02:03:53 PM »
Who would be their two conference wins?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13022 on: August 26, 2015, 02:05:07 PM »
What's sad is in a few years, few people will even remember the BCS. We won a Bowl Alliance game (Fiesta Bowl), but KU hawks don't realize that that was an even more exclusive win than their Orange Bowl.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13023 on: August 26, 2015, 02:07:05 PM »
probably ISU and someone else shitty like WVU, Tech, or OSU

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13024 on: August 26, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »
probably ISU and someone else shitty like WVU, Tech, or OSU

@ISU and @OSU would be huge wins for them. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.