Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3223630 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #10875 on: December 15, 2014, 12:42:51 PM »
crap, where were these idiots when I was an unrecruited western KS 2A stud?

I know at least one of them was trying to nail his underage students

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: December 15, 2014, 01:23:26 PM »
First week on the job, I would want my head coach out in western rough ridin' kansas

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: December 15, 2014, 01:33:43 PM »
First week on the job, I would want my head coach out in western rough ridin' kansas

This.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bears are fast...

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: December 15, 2014, 01:41:04 PM »
Quote from: JoeMadre
My my glory days football moment was playing against Riley County in the playoffs, coming off the end unblocked and all 5'10" 165 lbs of Madre putting his helmet in then QB Jordy Nelson's sternum causing a fumble, picking it up running it back all of 5 yards only to get absolutely waxed myself by their RB. I was looking at open field and very suddenly was in the air looking at a lovely night sky.

I think he got the last laugh.

:ROFL:
bears are fast...

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #10879 on: December 15, 2014, 01:50:41 PM »
At least this guy was cheap.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: December 15, 2014, 08:34:17 PM »
I didn't read contract did he get guaranteed money?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #10881 on: December 15, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »
If you want a guaranteed piece of crap, I can take a dump in a box and slap guarantee on it
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: December 15, 2014, 09:33:24 PM »
If you want a guaranteed piece of crap, I can take a dump in a box and slap guarantee on it

You are pretty well rounded fsd.  Crazy in the pit but well rounded.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: December 15, 2014, 10:28:19 PM »
Not only out in western Kansas but out in western Kansas trying to lock up walk-ons. Snyder is so rough ridin' far in their heads.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: December 16, 2014, 07:33:42 AM »
I didn't read contract did he get guaranteed money?

he's making like $8.50 an hour so I don't think anyone cares

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: December 16, 2014, 09:37:20 AM »
Not only out in western Kansas but out in western Kansas trying to lock up walk-ons. Snyder is so rough ridin' far in their heads.

It's fun to laugh, but getting over on KSU for the minimal number of Kansas studs — heralded or not, juco or h.s. — is pretty much what it boils down to. Sure, you actually have to develop them once they get on campus, but there is simply not room enough for two good FBS football programs in this state.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: December 16, 2014, 09:46:26 AM »
It's going to force Snyder to either start polishing up some other state's walk ons, or actually go recruit. 

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: December 16, 2014, 09:47:20 AM »

It's fun to laugh, but getting over on KSU for the minimal number of Kansas studs — heralded or not, juco or h.s. — is pretty much what it boils down to. Sure, you actually have to develop them once they get on campus, but there is simply not room enough for two good FBS football programs in this state.

I think the point is that if Beaty is going to go mine for a walk-on program that rivals KSU, he needs to be doing it in JOCO and Wichita.  Once you get west of Salina, it's pretty dark purple.

If you're going to spend that level of time on something so low reward, you need to be doing it in areas where you have support so the going is easier.

Besides, it's not like we're sitting on some sort of gold mine of untapped talent here in Kansas.  Snyder basically has a "successful" walk on program for two reasons:

1) He's a complete system coach, especially, on defense, and it's not hard to get a five-heart-try-hard kid to play gap/assignment sound football.  We have better athletes sitting on the bench, but we choose to play these kids because our style of defense depends more on being assignment sound than actually having talent.  I mean, for Christ's sakes, look at how much better it was when we replaced Will Davis (not a walk on, but should be) with Johnson and Green for Schelly.  It was night and day.

2) The whole reason Snyder plays these guys is to foster competition.  It sets the tone that only the most 16 goal-sy type players get to the field.  It's more of a culture thing than an ability thing.

If Beaty is stupid enough to think that there's just a bunch of DITR's out in Kansas, and he can just play them like any other coach, he's a drool on his chin idiot.  We're stupid for even doing it at the level we do, and we're competent at it.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: December 16, 2014, 09:48:34 AM »
he strikes me as a dumber sounding ron prince so far

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: December 16, 2014, 10:09:54 AM »

I think the point is that if Beaty is going to go mine for a walk-on program that rivals KSU, he needs to be doing it in JOCO and Wichita.  Once you get west of Salina, it's pretty dark purple.

If you're going to spend that level of time on something so low reward, you need to be doing it in areas where you have support so the going is easier.

Besides, it's not like we're sitting on some sort of gold mine of untapped talent here in Kansas.  Snyder basically has a "successful" walk on program for two reasons:

1) He's a complete system coach, especially, on defense, and it's not hard to get a five-heart-try-hard kid to play gap/assignment sound football.  We have better athletes sitting on the bench, but we choose to play these kids because our style of defense depends more on being assignment sound than actually having talent.  I mean, for Christ's sakes, look at how much better it was when we replaced Will Davis (not a walk on, but should be) with Johnson and Green for Schelly.  It was night and day.

2) The whole reason Snyder plays these guys is to foster competition.  It sets the tone that only the most 16 goal-sy type players get to the field.  It's more of a culture thing than an ability thing.

If Beaty is stupid enough to think that there's just a bunch of DITR's out in Kansas, and he can just play them like any other coach, he's a drool on his chin idiot.  We're stupid for even doing it at the level we do, and we're competent at it.

The "grab Kansas walkons and beat KSU" is their panacea.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10890 on: December 16, 2014, 10:16:29 AM »
I foresee a "Walkons, why can't you beat KSU?" moment in their future.  :blank:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: December 16, 2014, 10:24:08 AM »
Yeah, when their KS walkons don't develop into All Conf players or NFL picks, Beatty will have probs.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: December 16, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »
I can't wait to see the most walkon-iest team ever in Lawrence.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: December 16, 2014, 10:27:38 AM »
they really do look up to big bro in every way imaginable

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: December 16, 2014, 10:29:52 AM »

I imagine it will look very similar to Iowa State. 

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: December 16, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »

I imagine it will look very similar to Iowa State.

But with less talent.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: December 16, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »
Rhodes is 100 x the coach that Beaty is

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: December 16, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »

To be fair, no one really knows how good (or bad) of a coach Beaty is.  I mean, he might have the shortest resume of anyone to land an FBS head coaching job.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: December 16, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »

To be fair, no one really knows how good (or bad) of a coach Beaty is.  I mean, he might have the shortest resume of anyone to land an FBS head coaching job.

But we have confirmed that he was a former co-OC for a horrible KU team and sounds like an idiot whenever he opens his mouth.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: December 16, 2014, 01:26:57 PM »
Putting together a good walk on program is just smart. There is no risk involved, and you get the occasional all conference stud NFL draft pick that went to high school at some podunk school. Every coach should be doing that in their state.