Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3221650 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #10100 on: November 16, 2014, 05:31:24 PM »
You could coach Oakland and live in San Francisco though.  I would be surprised if its done any other way.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #10101 on: November 16, 2014, 05:42:15 PM »
Phog is saying that Bowen getting the job all comes down to the game against KSU. Pull the upset or keep it close and the job is his.

Sheesh, how many Super Bowls can the katz play in one year?!

That's not a fair bar.  Bill has made it his life's mission to beat the crap out of them, as badly as possible, whenever possible.

We even get a couple of extra days to rest. For Senior Day.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: November 16, 2014, 06:09:41 PM »
I like Clint, it's sad he only has half a season to shine before they hire a retread.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: November 16, 2014, 06:36:48 PM »
You could coach Oakland and live in San Francisco though.  I would be surprised if its done any other way.

The biggest challenge with this is the possibility that they may soon be the San Antonio Raiders, tho.

bears are fast...

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: November 16, 2014, 08:25:56 PM »

For the Zenger haters...he's the AD, not football AD. We had the worst overall athletic program when he showed up and since then; baseball post season, soccer post season, volley ball post season, track national title, women's basketball sweet 16, and basketball still humming along. May not mean much in grand scheme but again it's the overall AD. He's also responsible for rock chalk park which is phase one essentially of football stadium renovation.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: November 16, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »

For the Zenger haters...he's the AD, not football AD. We had the worst overall athletic program when he showed up and since then; baseball post season, soccer post season, volley ball post season, track national title, women's basketball sweet 16, and basketball still humming along. May not mean much in grand scheme but again it's the overall AD. He's also responsible for rock chalk park which is phase one essentially of football stadium renovation.

Should let sink in?

Sent using Tapatalk Elite on iPhone 6

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: November 16, 2014, 09:50:46 PM »
did you guys know that bill self donated a shitload of money to rock chalk park and the basketball arena out there so that it could host aau tournaments, but he had to take it all back when they found out it was a ncaa violation for him to do it and that's why this thing hit a funding snag and took like years longer than they thought it would :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: November 16, 2014, 09:53:09 PM »
Another Super Bowl.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: November 17, 2014, 09:54:32 AM »
did you guys watch on saturday? what a rush! :tsc:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: November 17, 2014, 11:53:57 AM »
 :weirdrobert: living out that :tsc:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10110 on: November 17, 2014, 12:05:50 PM »
Do you think he mutters the whole time about all the Jayhawks?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: November 17, 2014, 12:06:58 PM »
Do you think KU will hire Muschamp?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: November 17, 2014, 12:11:17 PM »
Do you think KU will hire Muschamp?
might actually be better long term than Harbaugh, a little like how oscar has got very little run as a candidate to get hired elsewhere due to his flame out at Illinois

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: November 17, 2014, 12:30:23 PM »
:weirdrobert: living out that :tsc:

Is that Beau Bridges to his left?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: November 17, 2014, 12:54:30 PM »
I appreciate a guy who doesn't want to get his sweet feathered hair messed up on a cold day.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: November 17, 2014, 01:11:15 PM »
The KU broadcast crew we mentioning how this KU team is playing better than they have in "several years."  They went on and on about it.  Then they kinda mused about how they hoped Zenger notices, as if they had little confidence that he would....they seemed to be imploring everyone to heed their advice and stick with Bowen.  It was really something.

They were also asking/begging people to come to the game at halftime and to start the 3rd quarter.

I was travelling to Wichita during the game and got to listen to their broadcast.  My favorite part was them saying something like if you lived within an hour or so of Lawrence you should just come on in to witness this awesome upset in the making.  Nate Bukaty giving updates from the sideline was even better.  "Well guys from my vantage point down here it certainly looks like the KU got snubbed on that call.  But the Jayhawks will rebound from it and prove that this game is totally not a fluke!"

In the future I am definitely going to make an effort to listen to more of their games on the radio.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: November 17, 2014, 01:33:21 PM »
The KU broadcast crew we mentioning how this KU team is playing better than they have in "several years."  They went on and on about it.  Then they kinda mused about how they hoped Zenger notices, as if they had little confidence that he would....they seemed to be imploring everyone to heed their advice and stick with Bowen.  It was really something.

They were also asking/begging people to come to the game at halftime and to start the 3rd quarter.

I was travelling to Wichita during the game and got to listen to their broadcast.  My favorite part was them saying something like if you lived within an hour or so of Lawrence you should just come on in to witness this awesome upset in the making.  Nate Bukaty giving updates from the sideline was even better.  "Well guys from my vantage point down here it certainly looks like the KU got snubbed on that call.  But the Jayhawks will rebound from it and prove that this game is totally not a fluke!"

In the future I am definitely going to make an effort to listen to more of their games on the radio.
Odd how i was able to hear the jayhawk broadcast for maybe 3 min.  And i caught that as well.  I wish they would've been able to pull it off, oh well.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: November 17, 2014, 01:52:55 PM »

This is why KU radio broadcasts outweigh KSU radio broadcasts.  KSU is all about down, distance, describing the play (as best as Wyatt-vision can) and Stanbot analyzing plays, potential plays, and why things work or don't.  KU ignores all that crap, goes straight to why they are awesome, and any call against them is awful, and how it is a shame that fans, the conference, college sports fans, and the planet do not appreciate their greatness enough.

No comparison on the awesomeness scale.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: November 17, 2014, 02:56:01 PM »

He Iowa-stated about the refs all morning on the radio.  It made me sad for him.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: November 17, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: November 17, 2014, 04:02:52 PM »