Author Topic: Wabash Bar  (Read 5314 times)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wabash Bar
« on: July 29, 2013, 08:49:10 PM »
Got the wings as an app which were great. Nice and crispy w/ a side of an adobe-blackberry dipping sauce. Only problem was that we ordered a dozen and were brought out 3. The server said for some reason it rang in as Half of a Half dozen. So after a 10 minute wait we were rewarded w/ 3 more wings (halfway there to our dozen we ordered). Server apologized and took our food order. I got the Fire Engine #7 (burger w/ roasted pablono peppers, adobe-raspberry sauce, pepperjack cheese and an onion ring). The burger was ok. Came out juicy and medium even though I ordered medium well (expecting it to be under done) with a nice kick with the pepper and bbq. Our food took 15 minutes or so and we finally got the last of our 6 wings we ordered for an appetizer 30 minutes earlier. Overall the food was decent at best and some definite kinks to be worked out which is understandable being the first night open. Service was sub-par and that's being nice. We honestly felt that our table was our server's 1st table ever. No way she was ever a server before this. I had my roommates beers on my ticket and I was charged $5.00 for a half dozen wings while he was charged $5.99 for 6 wings. She got things fixed and still got a nice tip

I'll probably never go back because I can get better food at basically any other restaurant in the Ville. It's a step above Kites. Pretty sure it's owned by the same people as Bullchicks, or atleast managed by the same middle aged woman w/ her husband.

Basically if you want to go to Wabash, stop at the front door, turn around and walk across the street to Aggie Station

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Wabash Bar
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:00:18 PM »
Well I'll never go now.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:05:47 PM »
so why did it take so long to open?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Wabash Bar
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 09:08:43 PM »
Ill give it some time to work out the kinks.

The first few weeks of any new restaurant are a cluster.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 09:09:10 PM »
Sounds great, will go

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 09:09:47 PM »
Ill give it some time to work out the kinks.

The first few weeks of any new restaurant are a cluster.

Qdoba in JC right now. whoa.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 09:16:10 PM »
Got the wings as an app which were great. Nice and crispy w/ a side of an adobe-blackberry dipping sauce. Only problem was that we ordered a dozen and were brought out 3. The server said for some reason it rang in as Half of a Half dozen. So after a 10 minute wait we were rewarded w/ 3 more wings (halfway there to our dozen we ordered). Server apologized and took our food order. I got the Fire Engine #7 (burger w/ roasted pablono peppers, adobe-raspberry sauce, pepperjack cheese and an onion ring). The burger was ok. Came out juicy and medium even though I ordered medium well (expecting it to be under done) with a nice kick with the pepper and bbq. Our food took 15 minutes or so and we finally got the last of our 6 wings we ordered for an appetizer 30 minutes earlier. Overall the food was decent at best and some definite kinks to be worked out which is understandable being the first night open. Service was sub-par and that's being nice. We honestly felt that our table was our server's 1st table ever. No way she was ever a server before this. I had my roommates beers on my ticket and I was charged $5.00 for a half dozen wings while he was charged $5.99 for 6 wings. She got things fixed and still got a nice tip

I'll probably never go back because I can get better food at basically any other restaurant in the Ville. It's a step above Kites. Pretty sure it's owned by the same people as Bullchicks, or atleast managed by the same middle aged woman w/ her husband.

Basically if you want to go to Wabash, stop at the front door, turn around and walk across the street to Aggie Station

kites is the best restaurant in the 'ville and you're saying this place is better?  wow.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 09:26:07 PM »
We honestly felt that our table was our server's 1st table ever.... and still got a nice tip.

please post this in the face of the people defending tipping in the tipping thread.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 09:30:04 PM »
Went there Friday night for the "Soft Opening" and yeah the service was pretty bad. I don't believe the kitchen was open this day so i didn't have the chance to eat. As far as pounding beers though the place is pretty sweet I thought, and will stay that way as long as their staff gets their crap together.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 11:24:53 PM »
Hope the service is better than Tubby's. Love the Friday booze burger, hate the crap service. Of all the places in the 'Ville Tubby's to me consistently ranks poor to awful in terms of service. Really want to compare with Tubby's cause if it's worse this place should just #burnitdown.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 11:37:58 PM »
its very nice inside and I had decent service when I was there over the weekend. a lot of kinks to be worked out for sure but I bet it ends up being a pretty serviceable option.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Wabash Bar
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 11:41:39 PM »
The rooftop patio will keep them going even with crap service. If it ever stops raining.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 11:43:03 PM »
I used to work for the guy who is the head chef and he is a really good cook but doesn't have experience at this volume.  Probably take him a bit to get all those kinks worked out like others have said.  He is talented though and makes great food.  He used to make us these Italian sandwiches at work that were amazeballs.

The rooftop patio will keep them going even with crap service. If it ever stops raining.

This.
emaw

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 06:55:23 PM »
Have heard from 3 different unprovoked sources over the last few days that wabash has the best burger they have ever eaten.

Interesting.

The Big Train

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »
Have heard from 3 different unprovoked sources over the last few days that wabash has the best burger they have ever eaten.

Interesting.

What is it called?(So when I'm back in MHK I will know what it was)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Wabash Bar
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 07:03:38 PM »
Interesting.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 07:04:38 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Wabash Bar
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 07:17:25 PM »
Should have named it EMAW

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 09:34:08 PM »

Interesting.

sorry, no.   so long makes the best burgers on the planet.  i mean the meat is crap and the toppings are pretty bad too, but there is no doubt that the two combine to make a great burger.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 11:20:28 PM »
It's pretty nice on the rooftop, other than the random smell of snuggle from the laundromat vents next door.
- chunkles

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 11:28:50 PM »
I will try this place. All these posts give me no choice. Have to find the truth for myself.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 02:32:32 AM »
There head chef is pretty great. They're owner is pretty douche.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 02:33:52 AM »

:lol:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 02:34:38 AM »

:lol:

Wow, really "pulled a fanning" just then. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 03:00:06 AM »
Oh my.