Author Topic: Buy American  (Read 20115 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Buy American
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2013, 10:03:56 AM »
New red flag: anyone who thinks the public sector should give up part of their pension is "un-'merican"
 :lol:

Sorry guys, I was at the Pitcher, Oklahoma funeral and fresh out of grief.   :lol:  #ruraltownUSA
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »
Love it. Lifelong democrat circuit judge says filing bankruptcy (a matter of federal jurisdiction) is unconstitutional. "Der, ok judge!  We'll just pretend we're not broke!"  :lol:

My favorite part was the judge's recommendation that her order be sent to President Obama because he said he wouldn't let this happen.  :lol:

And predictably, federal bankruptcy court tells the state court to GTFOOMF. The bankruptcy will be litigated in... bankruptcy court, where it belongs.

In other news, the Detroit City Council took decisive action today to reconcile the finances of the beleaguered city. It has voted unanimously to adopt a resolution calling for federal investigation of possible civil rights violations by George Zimmerman.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »
Love it. Lifelong democrat circuit judge says filing bankruptcy (a matter of federal jurisdiction) is unconstitutional. "Der, ok judge!  We'll just pretend we're not broke!"  :lol:

My favorite part was the judge's recommendation that her order be sent to President Obama because he said he wouldn't let this happen.  :lol:

And predictably, federal bankruptcy court tells the state court to GTFOOMF. The bankruptcy will be litigated in... bankruptcy court, where it belongs.

In other news, the Detroit City Council took decisive action today to reconcile the finances of the beleaguered city. It has voted unanimously to adopt a resolution calling for federal investigation of possible civil rights violations by George Zimmerman.

I guess I don't get the glee.  Sure the politicians there have not helped the city's cause and they were duly elected.  We can argue about the role the unions have played in all this, but it sure seems like a lot more people other than 6 figure union boss thugs and black Democratic machine pols are getting screwed over.  Just seems weird to party about.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »

I guess I don't get the glee.  Sure the politicians there have not helped the city's cause and they were duly elected.  We can argue about the role the unions have played in all this, but it sure seems like a lot more people other than 6 figure union boss thugs and black Democratic machine pols are getting screwed over.  Just seems weird to party about.

I'll admit it, part of me enjoys watching the "chickens come home to roost." As you say, these clowns weren't thrust upon the poor people of Detroit - they were duly elected, just like their predecessors. Mostly, though, it's just the sheer lunacy of it all.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
I love it when rich idiots lose all their money.  It's almost more American than being poor and becoming wealthy.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2013, 01:58:36 PM »

I'll admit it, part of me enjoys watching the "chickens come home to roost." As you say, these clowns weren't thrust upon the poor people of Detroit - they were duly elected, just like their predecessors. Mostly, though, it's just the sheer lunacy of it all.

Do you know all the crap Kwame Kilpatrick pulled?  Like how much do you want your mind blown today?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2013, 01:59:09 PM »
I love it when rich idiots lose all their money.  It's almost more American than being poor and becoming wealthy.

I'm not sure there are many if any of those in this situation.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2013, 02:02:23 PM »

Well sure, rich is a stretch.  I'm not sure how their pensions compare to say a cop in California.  But if it's anything similar then they did damn well.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2013, 02:02:35 PM »

whatever, lib

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »

Well sure, rich is a stretch.  I'm not sure how their pensions compare to say a cop in California.  But if it's anything similar then they did damn well.

Ok.  How much should they be paid?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »
Less!  :shakesfist:

(Really though, I don't care.  Certainly not enough to be informed about it.  Poor Detroit don't care boo hoo.  Hopefully it's a cautionary tale but I doubt it.)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »

(Really though, I don't care.  Certainly not enough to be informed about it.  Poor Detroit don't care boo hoo.  Hopefully it's a cautionary tale but I doubt it.)

Yeah I really don't ever understand the immense butthurt laid at the feet of cops, teachers, firefighters, county/city employees without specific evidence of corruption/bad behavior.  The 400 richest individuals in the U.S. have more wealth than the bottom 50%.  I find that fact much more distressing than the fact that some postal worker or teacher or even meter maid is going to have a retirement check, or some lazy screwed up mom is going to get $250/mo to feed her 3 kids.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »
When in doubt, blame the government, poor people, blacks, and unions.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2013, 09:11:25 PM »
Did you guys see on the ESPY's when Jon Hamm made that joke about the Tigers getting swept in the World Series?  Calvin Johnson looked so mad lol.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »
Did you guys see on the ESPY's when Jon Hamm made that joke about the Tigers getting swept in the World Series?  Calvin Johnson looked so mad lol.

well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2013, 09:51:01 AM »

Yeah I really don't ever understand the immense butthurt laid at the feet of cops, teachers, firefighters, county/city employees without specific evidence of corruption/bad behavior.  The 400 richest individuals in the U.S. have more wealth than the bottom 50%.  I find that fact much more distressing than the fact that some postal worker or teacher or even meter maid is going to have a retirement check, or some lazy screwed up mom is going to get $250/mo to feed her 3 kids.

I don't get it, either.  Cops for example get a bad rap, but I bet 9/10 are decent enough people.  That's just how it goes though.

I don't have a problem with the distribution of wealth.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2013, 01:58:41 PM »
I think you are probably shooting a little high with 9/10, Emo. Of course, this should be expected given incredibly high risk/reward ratio of actually becoming a cop.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »
The point being I think all of them are assholes until proven wrong on an individual basis.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2013, 02:38:37 PM »
I'm laughing at Detroit because Detroit deserves to be laughed at.   :lol:

People should be held accountable for their actions, whether exercised individually, through a union, or as a city government.  This has been a 40 year long slow motion ever impending train wreck.  Public sector employees should not be permitted to vote themselves job security, benefits and wages and then have them fully protected when they suck the city dry of resources.  Its nonsensical.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2013, 02:49:59 PM »
I also don't think we can ignore the effect of white flight to the suburbs following the race riots of the 60s. Detroit is a bankrupt husk due to an almost perfect storm of liberalism in so many different ways.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2013, 03:18:03 PM »
  Public sector employees should not be permitted to vote themselves job security, benefits and wages and then have them fully protected when they suck the city dry of resources.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this.  Are you talking about elections or no public sector unions?

The unions were some sort of panacea that destroyed everything in Detroit?  There are a lot of reasons why our manufacturing base has dried up, unions may have sped up the acceleration of factories moving overseas but I don't understand the vitriol directed at them.  How can you not understand the frustrations of workers that were promised a pension, paid in their share with each paycheck and then were later told that deal has been voided?

I'd also be fascinated to hear what the wages for each public sector employee should be.  It seems that they are all making too much.  What should they be paid?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »
heard on npr today that the average pension benefit for a detroit city employee is 19k/year.  hardly largesse, actually rather niggardly.

in general i'm pretty wary of public sector unions (not at all of private sector unions), but based on the above, it's hard to argue that union benefits were draining the city's coffers.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2013, 03:28:08 PM »
unions may have sped up the acceleration of factories moving overseas but I don't understand the vitriol directed at them.

Wait... isn't that enough? Well, if you need more reasons than that, then in addition to ultimately rough ridin' over the very people they were supposed to be helping by making them less competitive, they are also horribly corrupt. Just for example.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2013, 04:28:28 PM »
unions are now completely unnecessary for the physical protection of workers (their initial purpose) and simply used as a political slush fund to elect pro-union legislators (liberals).