Author Topic: What Are You Interested In That Most People Aren't  (Read 11576 times)

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Interested In That Most People Aren't
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091059/

SD...total boss post.  That would have saved me the 10 minutes of me rambling.  +1 interwebz for you!
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2013, 03:33:26 PM »
Ok, so it's time with respect to some other "stationary" point's time (which we know is not really stationary).  What I meant by that is I am, in one way, stationary at my desk typing this post, but relative to the sun, I'm flying around it at like 67,000 miles per hour.  And the sun, relative to some other distant point, might be moving at like a billion miles per second.  So it's not time with some accepted standard or base time; it's like a differential time.

You got it.  It's like differential time relative to speeds.  It gets even more nuts when you think about time as a infinite, but a curvilinear "constant" that continually collapses on itself.  Thus, the big bang is both the beginning and the end.  Some physicists have even argued that the universe is also curvilinear that if you travel at the same heading (let's just say it is possible) for infinity, you will eventually come back to the same point you began the journey at.

#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2013, 03:36:45 PM »
Ok, so it's time with respect to some other "stationary" point's time (which we know is not really stationary).  What I meant by that is I am, in one way, stationary at my desk typing this post, but relative to the sun, I'm flying around it at like 67,000 miles per hour.  And the sun, relative to some other distant point, might be moving at like a billion miles per second.  So it's not time with some accepted standard or base time; it's like a differential time.

You got it.  It's like differential time relative to speeds.  It gets even more nuts when you think about time as a infinite, but a curvilinear "constant" that continually collapses on itself.  Thus, the big bang is both the beginning and the end.  Some physicists have even argued that the universe is also curvilinear that if you travel at the same heading (let's just say it is possible) for infinity, you will eventually come back to the same point you began the journey at.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2013, 05:22:56 PM »
audio equipment

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
What Are You Interested In That Most People Aren't
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2013, 06:25:14 PM »
Whenever I read about someone young dying on a night out or on vacation, commit some awful violent act, or just something really stupid, I  immediately try to find them on Facebook or twitter to see if they posted anything of interest. The last one was a guy who splattered himself all over a bridge on a motorcycle. Lots of pics boozing his ass off from about 2pm that day until about an hour before splatter. There have been others that were more fun.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2013, 10:18:18 AM »
SD, not quite the same, but here's a still from a safety video from Fly Dubai:

"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2013, 10:20:20 AM »
 :sdeek:
 :lol: thats awesome

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2013, 10:29:34 AM »
Hey, here's the whole thing!

"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2013, 10:31:31 AM »

I was wondering what the Veggie Tales producers were up to these days!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »
Apparently, the characters are from a famous Arab cartoon. Start collecting now, SD. They're gonna be valuable one day.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2013, 11:10:05 AM »
Apparently, the characters are from a famous Arab cartoon. Start collecting now, SD. They're gonna be valuable one day.

SD, might hold off until Blump chimes in.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2013, 11:59:48 AM »
I'm kind of interested in how bus routes take shape. A lot of them don't seem to make much sense, and I'm curious how they got their irregularities.

I'm not interested enough to actually do any research about it, though, so not sure if that counts.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »

I was wondering what the Veggie Tales producers were up to these days!

underrated post right here
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2013, 12:05:39 PM »
I'm kind of interested in how bus routes take shape. A lot of them don't seem to make much sense, and I'm curious how they got their irregularities.

I'm not interested enough to actually do any research about it, though, so not sure if that counts.

True Story: about half a dozen times within a three year period, I called the KCMO bus folks and said that I needed a new bus stop at certain locations, or bus stops moved blocks away from an existing location.  Every single time, they just did it without checking to see I was who I said I was or whether the project I was working on even existed or not.  No paper work, no permit, no fee, etc.  Just, "no problem", then a couple weeks later, boom.  new bus stop/moved bus stop.

Given that, it's probably good you don't spend much time trying to analyze it.