Author Topic: From David Stockman's "The Great Deformation: The Corruption of Capitalism  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Ya, I saw it.  But if someone else is drowning and you're treading water, are you flexing muscles and winking at babes?  It's like sd is ari fleischer or something.

I'm not 100% certain you have a strong grasp on what relative means

Whatever Ari. 

catzacker

Could it just be that along with everything else, the labor market was a bubble?  And companies realized they didn't need as many workers to accomplish the same amount of tasks? 

Maybe this is for a different thread, but did that book speak to the population of workers who will retire in 5-8 years compared to unemployed worforce and college grads about to enter the workforce?  Seems like the next Pres might luck into "more jobs".

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
If unemployment were wholly structural, wages for skilled/educated would be rising much faster than they are currently. In reality it's still very much an excess of labor supply and a dearth of overall economic demand that has led to persistent high unemployment.

That's not saying that the long-term "full employment" rate might be closer to 5 percent or a little higher than the previous 5 percent or a little lower that used to be the norm due to displacement.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
the US economy is currently whipping ass relative to almost every other developed country in the world european welfare state. Just a fwiw. no shadowstats link or anything to back me up on this.

FYP
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd