Author Topic: U-verse  (Read 34452 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
U-verse
« on: July 09, 2013, 12:24:24 PM »
Just signed up for it at my new place. Good or bad move?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
Re: U-verse
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 12:25:21 PM »
How many people live with you?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
cheaper and better than Cox. good move

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 12:25:58 PM »
How many people live with you?

2 total.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 12:39:50 PM »
Just signed up for it at my new place. Good or bad move?

great move. related: i just cancelled my service because i sold my mansion and now i'm worried that my new mansion will not be able to get it and that upsets me. i use the balls out of the wireless receiver.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »
fantastic move, WW. their packages are very reasonable and they have BITB customer service.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »
:thumbs:

was getting fed up with Cox. Figured i'd give them a shot and enjoy the lower rates for the 1st year.

Do you need box for each tv? like just straight into the wall jack won't work, right?
- chunkles

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »

was getting fed up with Cox. Figured i'd give them a shot and enjoy the lower rates for the 1st year.

Do you need box for each tv? like just straight into the wall jack won't work, right?

yeah, it gives you tv through the internets, so you need a box. that part kind of stinks.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »

right. Thats the drawback

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
Had Uverse for 2 years and it was awesome, love the wireless recievers that you can put in bedrooms/outside without running cable.

Moved into new house and only timewarner services my area  :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 01:53:11 PM »
I like the options.  I've never paid for movie channels but always have them because they are always running specials.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 01:59:28 PM »
uVerse has great prices, great internet, great phone, and great customer service. The only drawback is the HDTV picture quality, which blows. I switched over to uVerse after the cable co refused to extend my promotional pricing. I immediately noticed the shitty picture quality, called techs out, and one of them ultimately admitted that this is as good as it gets. uVerse over-compresses their signal, which is how you can "record 4 shows at once."

I gutted it out for 6 months and then got new promotional pricing from the cable co. I've had Time Warner, Surewest, and uVerse. The PQ of the cable companies is about the same (slight edge to TW), and they're both way better than uVerse. I've heard a lot of complaints about Cox, so maybe you won't notice a difference. Good luck.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 02:17:29 PM »
I can't wait until Google expands their TV and internet service.  They're going to put a ton of shitty companies out of business and it will be awesome.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 02:24:22 PM »
Love U-Verse.  I call to get the latest deals about every 3-6months.  I'm thinking about getting a wireless receiver before football season.  A lot of my neighbors will drag a flatscreen to their driveway and watch Sunday Night Football while lighting a fire-pit and throwing back some beers. 

Google was announced where I live.  So once it's ready to be implemented I will probably switch.  Sorry U-Verse. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »
Just got off the phone with U-Verse.  Direct is over $30 cheaper per month and they actually use AT&T internet in their bundle.  Besides the problems that might go with a dish, why should I use U-Verse again?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 02:59:06 PM »
U-Verse internet is just too slow.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »
Just got off the phone with U-Verse.  Direct is over $30 cheaper per month and they actually use AT&T internet in their bundle.  Besides the problems that might go with a dish, why should I use U-Verse again?

Depending on package, Direct can get more expensive than U-Verse.  A friend with a similar Direct package partnered with AT&T in my area was paying $20 more.  So depending on current promotions, it could vary month by month. 

I personally cannot do Direct or Dish due to trees.  I understand now why our Athletics Department won't put any near WSC.  Hazardous in every way imaginable. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
I had Cox in Manhattan, and Time Warner for four years in KC.  I switched to Uverse when I moved to the house I live in now.

My picture quality may be better than most because I have fiber going directly into my house.  There is no signal degradation at all.  If you don't have fiber to your house, and it travels over 30 feet of copper to your house from the connecting box, you may have problems.

Cable is more expensive, but the picture and Internet are generally better in my experience.  Dish is the least expensive, but the picture and Internet kind of blow.  Phone providers like AT&T and Verizon are just a compromise in terms of price and performance.

I will say that the second I can get Google, everyone else can GTFOOMF.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 03:55:44 PM »

I have read this sentiment several times in this thread, has anybody actually seen it in somebody's home?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 04:02:59 PM »
I had Cox in Manhattan, and Time Warner for four years in KC.  I switched to Uverse when I moved to the house I live in now.

My picture quality may be better than most because I have fiber going directly into my house.  There is no signal degradation at all.  If you don't have fiber to your house, and it travels over 30 feet of copper to your house from the connecting box, you may have problems.

Cable is more expensive, but the picture and Internet are generally better in my experience.  Dish is the least expensive, but the picture and Internet kind of blow.  Phone providers like AT&T and Verizon are just a compromise in terms of price and performance.

I apparently have Fiber into the house, so that's good.

the $49 installation fee can kiss my ass though.
- chunkles

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »

I have read this sentiment several times in this thread, has anybody actually seen it in somebody's home?

I haven't, but my mom has Verizon fiber/cable at her home in California.  Fast as eff and great TV picture quality.  Mostly I'm just excited about garbage companies that only exist because of monopolies getting what's coming to them.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 04:29:18 PM »

any day now.  In the home I am about to turn over to a tenant.  sweet irony.  your kiss is bitter.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 05:04:41 PM »

any day now.  In the home I am about to turn over to a tenant.  sweet irony.  your kiss is bitter.
Did you sign up with Google to get one of those promo deals and providing you tenant free cable & internet?  Might be worth it for LHN access, WatchESPN, etc if you go Direct TV.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 05:18:22 PM »

I apparently have Fiber into the house, so that's good.

the $49 installation fee can kiss my ass though.

Uverse wanted 400 for installation at my place in Manhattan.  49 sounds reasonable compared to that.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »
my google installation is scheduled for october
#LHN 4 lyfe

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.