Author Topic: BMack keeps dropping in the draft  (Read 19805 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: BMack keeps dropping in the draft
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »
LOL, the Phoenix guy on 810 just said that Suns fans are pissed that they didn't draft McLemore.

He said that? Argument over guys. McLemore is going to be a stud.

Butthurt 'taters on a message board think that McLemore will be a bust?  Color me surprised.

I think he'll be pretty good, based on what I'm hearing from Suns fans 2nd hand.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »
hes going to get eaten alive on defense and thus probably wont play more than 15 minutes a game.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2013, 12:22:03 PM »
Has Bill Self produced one good NBA player from KU?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2013, 12:25:51 PM »
Mario Chalmers is his "best player" and NBA gurus make fun of him all the time by saying "He's one of the worst PG's in the league".

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2013, 12:26:56 PM »
lol, after all that Beems links BleacherReport, who still only gave it an A-. I figured the steal of the draft would be an A.

Not trolling here, B-Mac can't create his own shot. He's got great 3pt% and amazing ability to dunk (when he's on a breakaway and no one can get in front of him) and he disappears for games. He's fun to watch but he's not somebody who's going to take over a game and win it for you (unless you get him open a bunch of times outside the 3pt line).

They gave Sacramento an overall grade on their draft, not just McLemore.  You 'taters are so bitter and butthurt that you can't even think straight anymore. 

Tell me which part of my analysis is wrong.

Pretty much all of your analysis is weak.  You say that McLemore can't create his own shot, when in fact he has the ability to hit the pull up jumpshot and get to the rim with authority.  You say McLemore can't take over a game, when in fact he scored 30+ points three different times last year (including 30 at home vs. K-State).  The kid was playing his first year of college basketball last season... of course he was going to be inconsistent at times.  Even at that, McLemore set the all-time KU scoring record for a freshman, while shooting over 43% from 3-point range, 87% from the free throw line, and close to 50% from the floor.  You can't coach shooting ability, and you can't coach athleticism.  McLemore has the raw ability to be an all-star in the NBA someday.  It's just a matter of time before his potential is realized.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2013, 12:28:20 PM »
Mario Chalmers is his "best player" and NBA gurus make fun of him all the time by saying "He's one of the worst PG's in the league".

Chalmers averaged 17 ppg in the last two games of the NBA Finals and just signed a contract extension with the Heat. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2013, 12:28:38 PM »
All-Star? :lol:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2013, 12:30:48 PM »
Beems don't you kinda wish he got traded to the Magic and could be coached by Vaughn and be on the same team as Rodney and then everyone in Kansas could be a magic fan and then we could all road trip to a game and go to Epcot Center?
 :tsc:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2013, 12:31:17 PM »
lol, after all that Beems links BleacherReport, who still only gave it an A-. I figured the steal of the draft would be an A.

Not trolling here, B-Mac can't create his own shot. He's got great 3pt% and amazing ability to dunk (when he's on a breakaway and no one can get in front of him) and he disappears for games. He's fun to watch but he's not somebody who's going to take over a game and win it for you (unless you get him open a bunch of times outside the 3pt line).

They gave Sacramento an overall grade on their draft, not just McLemore.  You 'taters are so bitter and butthurt that you can't even think straight anymore. 

Tell me which part of my analysis is wrong.

Pretty much all of your analysis is weak.  You say that McLemore can't create his own shot, when in fact he has the ability to hit the pull up jumpshot and get to the rim with authority.  You say McLemore can't take over a game, when in fact he scored 30+ points three different times last year (including 30 at home vs. K-State).  The kid was playing his first year of college basketball last season... of course he was going to be inconsistent at times.  Even at that, McLemore set the all-time KU scoring record for a freshman, while shooting over 43% from 3-point range, 87% from the free throw line, and close to 50% from the floor.  You can't coach shooting ability, and you can't coach athleticism.  McLemore has the raw ability to be an all-star in the NBA someday.  It's just a matter of time before his potential is realized.

You basically just agreed with everything I said, bud.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2013, 12:32:33 PM »
If McLemore got traded to the Magic  :crossfingers: Bill Self, Frank Martin, oscar Weber, and Roy Williams would all have the same favorite NBA team. The Magic.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2013/06/why_ben_mclemore_is_the_best_c.html#/0

In a draft that lacks top talent, a draft filled with question marks, McLemore has the most potential to be an NBA All-Star.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2013, 12:33:59 PM »
LOL, the Phoenix guy on 810 just said that Suns fans are pissed that they didn't draft McLemore.

He said that? Argument over guys. McLemore is going to be a stud.

Butthurt 'taters on a message board think that McLemore will be a bust?  Color me surprised.

Perpetually butthurt resident ku fan will leave no stone unturned, nor miss any opportunity to show his perpetual butthurtness.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »
How awesome would it be if Ben McLemore, Rodney McGruder, and Jacque Vaughn rode the teacups together at the Magic Kingdom?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2013/06/why_ben_mclemore_is_the_best_c.html#/0

In a draft that lacks top talent, a draft filled with question marks, McLemore has the most potential to be an NBA All-Star.
Cleveland.com :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2013, 01:00:03 PM »
I will admit it though. Bmack was one of my favorite KU players of all time. He didn't throw 'bows or pound his chest. He had a McGruder type of approach to the game. I wish him well. I just wanted to make this thread because all of the squawks who were pounding their chest on how he played his way into the #1 spot.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2013, 01:09:36 PM »
I will admit it though. Bmack was one of my favorite KU players of all time. He didn't throw 'bows or pound his chest. He had a McGruder type of approach to the game. I wish him well. I just wanted to make this thread because all of the squawks who were pounding their chest on how he played his way into the #1 spot.

Well, he did play his way into the #1 spot.  He was projected #1 overall at the end of the season.  The Cavs didn't want a shooting guard, though, and B-Mac struggled in a few of his workouts.  Congrats, I guess?

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2013, 01:11:35 PM »
So just to be clear on this, he'll be wearing purple, right?   :emawkid:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2013, 01:12:05 PM »
Beems you a Kings fan now or are you a Trailblazers fan or what?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2013, 01:20:03 PM »
Beems you a Kings fan now or are you a Trailblazers fan or what?

Blazers 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »
How awesome would it be if Ben McLemore, Rodney McGruder, and Jacque Vaughn rode the teacups together at the Magic Kingdom?

OMG :D

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2013, 01:24:26 PM »

Well, he did play his way into the #1 spot.  He was projected #1 overall at the end of the season.  The Cavs didn't want a shooting guard, though, and B-Mac struggled in a few of his workouts.  Congrats, I guess?

Yeah, timhawk said the same thing. Why did the Cavs end up drafting 3 SGs and keeping 2 of them if they didn't want one?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2013, 01:26:51 PM »
At the end of the day McLemore doesn't have a great handle and that will stunt his growth as a basketball player.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2013, 01:54:22 PM »

Yeah, timhawk said the same thing. Why did the Cavs end up drafting 3 SGs and keeping 2 of them if they didn't want one?

The Cavs drafted one SG in the 2nd round (Carrick Felix) to provide depth and defensive toughness on the perimeter.  Also, the #1 pick is different than just any other pick in the draft.  The #1 pick should be a guy that can contribute from day one (hopefully in an area of need), so that's why the Cavs went with a PF.  Bennett addresses an area of need for them. They drafted Waiters at SG last year, and also have Kyrie Irving at PG, so they didn't need to draft a SG with the #1 pick.  Is this the first time you've ever followed the NBA Draft?

http://nba.si.com/2013/06/28/nba-draft-2013-winners-and-losers-anthony-bennett-nerlens-noel-ben-mclemore-celtics-trade/

(Winners):

Kings fans. It’s hard to imagine a greater joy than the one Sacramento’s diehards felt when the Kings were saved from relocation, seemingly at the last possible moment. Getting a top-three talent and a possible future All-Star in Ben McLemore at No. 7 should rank right up there, too.

Dispose of any concerns about positional logjams. Changes in ownership, management and a new coach will always bring new ideas to a roster. With McLemore, the new Kings’ brain trust gets a scoring guard with traditional size and significant upside. This train is no longer veering off the rails and McLemore could become the type of player whose talent can carry an organization in the right direction.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
Rough draft.  McLemore has as much potential as anyone in it.  Needs to attack the basket more and be more assertive at times, but he is young and can develop.  Have to do more than shoot 3s in the NBA as you can get vet minimum guys to do that.  If he has a good rookie year in Sacramento, that fanbase will really get behind him.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2013, 02:21:25 PM »

Cleveland.com :lol:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1687154-2013-nba-draft-results-biggest-winners-and-losers/page/8

That's right, the Sacramento Kings came out winners of an NBA draft.

The Kings got serious value with Ben McLemore at No. 7. He's arguably the top prospect in this entire draft, offering an extremely favorable risk-to-reward ratio.

With McLemore, you get a worst-case scenario consisting of a defensive asset, elite shooter and explosive athlete in the open floor. McLemore has an All-Star ceiling as an elite complementary scorer who can drop 20 in a game without using a dribble.

He projects as the most dangerous shooter in the field, and with the ability to play above the rim, he's going to pick up routine easy buckets.

The Kings might be best off letting Tyreke Evans walk in free agency and starting the McLemore era immediately. Building his confidence as a scorer and allowing him to develop off the dribble might propel him to a new level of basketball stardom.

:popcorn: