Author Topic: Discuss how proud you are of K-State's OOC Schedule this year.  (Read 5975 times)

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss how proud you are of K-State's OOC Schedule this year.
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 12:01:27 PM »
I hope people get "bored"   :excited:
Will people be yawning or yelling on 3rd down? I probably won't be able to tell :excited:
"You guys wanna go back to my place for the 2nd half?"   :excited:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2013, 02:47:29 PM »
Perfect schedule at the perfect time
this.  Mangino's time at KU has proven the benefits of the right schedule.  As a wise man once posted "I like my bowl games in December and January, not August or September"

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 06:04:27 PM »
I just got done making love to our schedule last night, and fell asleep holding it gently in my arms.  Bought it brunch this morning, and will prolly order it some flowers later.  Then, I spent about 2 hours doodling "Mrs OOC Schedule Pete" on a piece of paper during a meeting today....

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
Hail to the Legend that taught everyone else how to schedule.
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »
Scheduling Genius.

If we go undefeated against puds with Big 12 schedule, we probably have a 66% chance of going to the National Title Game.

If we go undefeated with a win against UCLA or USC or Notre Dame or Michigan, I think we still have a 66% chance of going to the National Title game. Almost any SEC, or Pac 12 or Big 10 undefeated teams will be put above us no matter who we schedule. For example this year Undefeated Oregon and Alabama would have still been above us even though we scheduled Miami.

Since it is more likely to be undefeated with an easier schedule, I vote for the easier schedule. First 3 games are for tailgating and getting used to the new stadium. Next 5 are for Alamo, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta, or National Championship berths.
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »
Proof that this schedule is awesome?  FCS North's best player is a crap thug that couldn't even play for KU.  Think about that.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Hail to the Legend that taught everyone else how to schedule.
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 10:52:13 AM »
Scheduling Genius.

If we go undefeated against puds with Big 12 schedule, we probably have a 66% chance of going to the National Title Game.

If we go undefeated with a win against UCLA or USC or Notre Dame or Michigan, I think we still have a 66% chance of going to the National Title game. Almost any SEC, or Pac 12 or Big 10 undefeated teams will be put above us no matter who we schedule. For example this year Undefeated Oregon and Alabama would have still been above us even though we scheduled Miami.

Since it is more likely to be undefeated with an easier schedule, I vote for the easier schedule. First 3 games are for tailgating and getting used to the new stadium. Next 5 are for Alamo, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta, or National Championship berths.

I remember undefeated Oregon being ranked below us for that glorious week we were #1.  Besides, doesn't matter if only one team is above you since two teams go to the title game.  Starting in 2014 four teams will have a shot at the crystal football, so butthurt over potentially being left out can stop.  Guarantee you that an undefeated Big 12 team would be one of the four teams in the playoff.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 11:31:54 AM »
I just got done making love to our schedule last night, and fell asleep holding it gently in my arms.  Bought it brunch this morning, and will prolly order it some flowers later.  Then, I spent about 2 hours doodling "Mrs OOC Schedule Pete" on a piece of paper during a meeting today....

So that's where she was last night.   :cry:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 11:44:18 AM »
Proof that this schedule is awesome?  FCS North's best player is a crap thug that couldn't even play for KU.  Think about that.

I think we all realize how pud Northern Dakota is, but UMASS and Louisiana State should both provide a solid test to prepare us for the BigXII.

bears are fast...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »

There are very few players who couldn't play for ku.

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »

There are very few players who couldn't play for ku.

I would argue there are many players who could never play for KU. However, it has nothing to do with their level of talent, but rather the amount of self respect they have.

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hail to the Legend that taught everyone else how to schedule.
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2013, 04:54:13 PM »
Scheduling Genius.

I remember undefeated Oregon being ranked below us for that glorious week we were #1.  Besides, doesn't matter if only one team is above you since two teams go to the title game.  Starting in 2014 four teams will have a shot at the crystal football, so butthurt over potentially being left out can stop.  Guarantee you that an undefeated Big 12 team would be one of the four teams in the playoff.

You are correct. Oregon was below us in the BCS and above us in the Human Rankings.

Had Miami not been on our schedule it might have dropped us below Oregon in the BCS. On the flip side Miami is another opportunity to lose a game and you don't really know how good they will be when you schedule the games.

I still will stand by Snyder's scheduling because one more tough game just offers one more chance to screw up the perfect season.   See TAM 98, Baylor 12, Nubbs 97, Nubbs 99, etc.
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »
Getting a 1AA team that just transitioned to 1A (UMass) was a total stud move.  Counts as a 1A win but it's pretty much the same as playing another pud 1AA team.

Wonder if Snyder was able to negotiate paying them a 1AA rate for coming to Manhattan to get #Life4Heisman trending.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2013, 09:56:19 PM »
Getting a 1AA team that just transitioned to 1A (UMass) was a total stud move.  Counts as a 1A win but it's pretty much the same as playing another pud 1AA team.

Wonder if Snyder was able to negotiate paying them a 1AA rate for coming to Manhattan to get #Life4Heisman trending.

probs

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »

I would pay teams in that situation DOUBLE.  Every single team that moves to 1A should be getting a phone call from Currie and a rough ridin' wire transfer of $500K immediately after.

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2013, 07:40:38 PM »

I think we all realize how pud Northern Dakota is, but UMASS and Louisiana State should both provide a solid test to prepare us for the BigXII.
[/quote]

NDSU would beat both those crap teams by 20
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Discuss how proud you are of K-State's OOC Schedule this year.
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2013, 10:00:19 PM »
Perfect schedule at the perfect time
this.  Mangino's time at KU has proven the benefits of the right schedule.  As a wise man once posted "I like my bowl games in December and January, not August or September"
December bowl games are for puds
:adios: