Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 184858 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2675 on: May 04, 2023, 07:29:52 PM »
Some people are "rule" followers. Some make the rules.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: May 04, 2023, 09:52:48 PM »
Before everyone goes declaring the British as the ultimate authority on subject/verb agreement, I will remind you that these are the same blokes who take a word like math and just pluralize it

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: May 04, 2023, 10:01:13 PM »
Before everyone goes declaring the British as the ultimate authority on subject/verb agreement, I will remind you that these are the same blokes who take a word like math and just pluralize it

Well, there are different kinds of maths. The maths are myriad.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: May 04, 2023, 10:04:03 PM »

Well, there are different kinds of maths. The maths are myriad.

This crap is gunna put me in mental hospital

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: May 04, 2023, 11:41:53 PM »
on the grammar kick, I hate how the British wrongly use a team name as a plural.

It's Crystal Palace IS a team not Crystal Palace ARE a team.

Strongly disagree

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: May 05, 2023, 10:16:38 AM »
Man, MichiganCat really showing his ass here.
Yes and team plural is gonna line up and kiss it
Mich and I don't agree on much, but I will march shoulder to shoulder with him to the place where team plural will line up to kiss our asses.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: May 05, 2023, 10:54:00 AM »
My TVs occasionally need an update which I have to OK with the original TV remote that I don't use or I cannot use the TV.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: May 05, 2023, 10:59:44 AM »
on the grammar kick, I hate how the British wrongly use a team name as a plural.

michigancat: fun at parties.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: May 05, 2023, 11:02:24 AM »
My TVs occasionally need an update which I have to OK with the original TV remote that I don't use or I cannot use the TV.

Bring back the Input button plz.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: May 05, 2023, 11:13:20 AM »

Bring back the Input button plz.

This is where Roku TVs rule.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: May 05, 2023, 02:49:57 PM »

michigancat: fun at parties.

Honestly if I brought this up at a party it would lead to a very spirited and fun conversation

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: May 05, 2023, 03:19:22 PM »

Could not disagree more. The chiefs are a team. Stupid to say Kansas City is but the chiefs are.

you say "Kansas City are driving down the field"?

And that sounds right to you? :dubious:
This drives me nuts and it never happened before our culture started to be corrupted by soccer.  "Sporting Kansas City are blah, blah blah..." Yuck.

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: May 14, 2023, 02:03:02 PM »
BOOKS ARE NOT COASTERS!!!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: May 16, 2023, 09:53:21 AM »
Seeing "Copy of" in front of the file name. JUST RENAME THE FILE BEFORE SENDING/SAVING. thank you
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: May 18, 2023, 08:17:28 PM »
People that save seats at random kids things. My daughter had her Kindergarten program today & people brought in blankets to to lay out on chairs. Some lady came in, then put out blankets over 7 seats. Then 4 or 5 women stood the whole time filming every second of the thing with their phones.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: May 18, 2023, 09:32:32 PM »
That’s a good one. The parents with the insane chairs at soccer I find very annoying. I just stand 90% of the time and I don’t care if other people sit, but the 4 feet wide rocking chairs that people rush to plop down right next to the sideline crowding the teenage linesmen are kind of disgusting.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: May 18, 2023, 10:35:23 PM »
Back to the Brits and other stiff upper-lip types.

Saying "an historic" rather than "a historic" sounds weird to me. not really a peeve, but mildly annoying.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: May 19, 2023, 07:42:52 AM »
Why are there people who have lived in central Kansas their entire lives who use a drawl?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: May 19, 2023, 10:21:50 AM »
People that save seats at random kids things. My daughter had her Kindergarten program today & people brought in blankets to to lay out on chairs. Some lady came in, then put out blankets over 7 seats. Then 4 or 5 women stood the whole time filming every second of the thing with their phones.

This is a good one. The filming of the kid programs is very out of hand these days.

That’s a good one. The parents with the insane chairs at soccer I find very annoying. I just stand 90% of the time and I don’t care if other people sit, but the 4 feet wide rocking chairs that people rush to plop down right next to the sideline crowding the teenage linesmen are kind of disgusting.

I pulled the trig and bought a nice chair for soccer but I try and not infringe on the sideline.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: May 19, 2023, 12:24:31 PM »

This is a good one. The filming of the kid programs is very out of hand these days.

I pulled the trig and bought a nice chair for soccer but I try and not infringe on the sideline.

Yeah, these are both really good ones. The seat savers are the worst. Notice this a lot at vacation resorts. "hey, I got up at 3 am and put towels on this entire row and then went back to bed for 6 hours, why are you in my seat?"

The recording too. My kid was on a soccer team a couple years ago and this mom would video almost the entire game on her phone. I always hated sitting near her because I would be afraid one of my stupid comments would get caught on her recording. Even saw some weirdo record the entire month end assembly at my kids school last week. Its just a stupid thing they do every freaking month and this guy recorded the whole damn thing smiling the whole time. I always wonder what % of people actually watch the stupid crap they record. Apple has to love the crap out of these people. "You have exceeded your iCloud storage, please pay more for the 8,000 videos on your phone that you have never watched".

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: May 19, 2023, 01:14:43 PM »
The seat savers are the worst. Notice this a lot at vacation resorts. "hey, I got up at 3 am and put towels on this entire row and then went back to bed for 6 hours, why are you in my seat?"

Yeah seat savers are a big time pet peeve.  At the resort I was just at in the DR they had their staff going around the pool area yanking anything off the chairs and loungers before 9am.  lol

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: May 23, 2023, 02:50:21 PM »
I hate the term ‘sex worker.’ No, Candy, you’re a hooker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: May 23, 2023, 04:15:25 PM »
Sex work includes more than just prostitutes
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: May 23, 2023, 11:13:08 PM »
This reminds me of the time a friend told me about what he witnessed at a XXX movie theater.  Seems there were two older ladies seating next to this fat old man.  The lady next to the old guy says to her friend that the guy was jacking off.  She says "Let's get out of here!", but the gal replies "I can't, he's using my hand!".  So seed 7, I agree.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: May 23, 2023, 11:41:41 PM »
This reminds me of the time a friend told me about what he witnessed at a XXX movie theater.  Seems there were two older ladies seating next to this fat old man.  The lady next to the old guy says to her friend that the guy was jacking off.  She says "Let's get out of here!", but the gal replies "I can't, he's using my hand!".  So seed 7, I agree.

a friend
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.