Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 185027 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2400 on: January 27, 2023, 12:09:43 PM »
IMO those containers are dumb and don't keep the cereal fresh at all unless you're just chowing down on cereal all the time.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: January 27, 2023, 01:20:12 PM »
IMO those containers are dumb and don't keep the cereal fresh at all unless you're just chowing down on cereal all the time.

we use these for like 4 different kinds of cereal and they work great. The only issue is that we get giant costco size cereal sometimes and it all doesn't fit in the container so there is like a week or so of a bag of cereal in the cabinet too.

Online Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: January 27, 2023, 01:45:53 PM »
SSOC raises a valid point. you fill it from the top, you pour it from the top, there is really no reason that the cereal at the bottom would ever find its way to the top unless you made a point to shake it up real good when it was about half full.

The other solution would be to get one of those hopper things like you see in hotels where you put your bowl under the hopper and then turn the little dial/knob and the cereal falls out the bottom. But "solution" is used generously because its just crumbs that fall out first. just horrible

Do you have a rule in your house where you can only eat half a box of cereal before you open a new box of cereal?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: January 27, 2023, 02:01:46 PM »
SSOC raises a valid point. you fill it from the top, you pour it from the top, there is really no reason that the cereal at the bottom would ever find its way to the top unless you made a point to shake it up real good when it was about half full.

The other solution would be to get one of those hopper things like you see in hotels where you put your bowl under the hopper and then turn the little dial/knob and the cereal falls out the bottom. But "solution" is used generously because its just crumbs that fall out first. just horrible

Do you have a rule in your house where you can only eat half a box of cereal before you open a new box of cereal?

My house is essentially the wild west when it comes to rules about cereal. Some places would take you straight to jail if you tried doing 1/2 lucky charms, 1/2 raisin bran and 1/2 fruity pebbles all in the same bowl but my dude that's what we call Wednesday in casa de BAC

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: January 27, 2023, 02:21:52 PM »
Allen wrenches. I have a bag thingy of like 600 different sizes of allen wrenches. I rarely need any of them, but when I do, I never seem to have the right sized one? It seems impossible that they build things and just randomly make up the size of the screw or whatever. Why make it so hard? Just make a standard screw or whatever!!!! :curse:
Invest in a metric and standard set with a clamp-in holder that shows the side. Throw out everything in the bag

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: January 27, 2023, 02:25:57 PM »
Does anyone do the two bowl method to not get soggy cereal? You get a spoon full of dry Cereal and dunk it in the milk. I started doing this recently and wish I would have done this my entire life.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: January 27, 2023, 02:34:19 PM »
Allen wrenches. I have a bag thingy of like 600 different sizes of allen wrenches. I rarely need any of them, but when I do, I never seem to have the right sized one? It seems impossible that they build things and just randomly make up the size of the screw or whatever. Why make it so hard? Just make a standard screw or whatever!!!! :curse:
Invest in a metric and standard set with a clamp-in holder that shows the side. Throw out everything in the bag

I feel like everything I buy has their own size one so I just throw it in the bag. You would think I have all the sizes by know but apparently my door knob has its own secret sized one.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: January 27, 2023, 03:36:53 PM »
Does anyone do the two bowl method to not get soggy cereal? You get a spoon full of dry Cereal and dunk it in the milk. I started doing this recently and wish I would have done this my entire life.

Goddamn, how big are these bowls of cereal that you're eating?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: January 27, 2023, 03:39:50 PM »
gooch in cahoots with Big Dishwasher, sad

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: January 27, 2023, 03:56:14 PM »
I hope Sandstone is using proper LIFO accounting on his cereal bin.  IRS will take you down if you screw this up.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: January 27, 2023, 05:42:37 PM »
I hope Sandstone is using proper LIFO accounting on his cereal bin.  IRS will take you down if you screw this up.
Sounds like he's a FIFO man, as he should be.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: January 27, 2023, 09:19:21 PM »
Are we talking accounting or inventory management?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2412 on: January 28, 2023, 06:44:31 AM »

My house is essentially the wild west when it comes to rules about cereal. Some places would take you straight to jail if you tried doing 1/2 lucky charms, 1/2 raisin bran and 1/2 fruity pebbles all in the same bowl but my dude that's what we call Wednesday in casa de BAC
1.5 bowls of cereal at a time.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: January 28, 2023, 09:27:58 AM »

1.5 bowls of cereal at a time.

See above. No rules. Including but not limited to fractions

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: January 28, 2023, 12:22:36 PM »
I am NOT a fan of the depletion of the Ogallala Aquifer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: January 28, 2023, 01:25:53 PM »
I am NOT a fan of the depletion of the Ogallala Aquifer.
What are you going to do about it bitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: January 28, 2023, 01:55:59 PM »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: February 01, 2023, 02:01:59 PM »
People that constantly tap their feet
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2418 on: February 01, 2023, 05:32:19 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: February 01, 2023, 05:37:16 PM »
Good one
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: February 01, 2023, 11:19:18 PM »
That should be illegal

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: February 02, 2023, 10:27:00 AM »
That picture angers me

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: February 02, 2023, 10:45:29 AM »
That picture angers me

I know we have discussed legitimate reasons for backing into parking spots on this bbs but that picture makes me think of this bit:

https://twitter.com/blaireerskine/status/1371923351061553153?s=20&t=wzueMcASf5kYC-42t6RV1w

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: February 02, 2023, 11:11:29 AM »
That's a classic

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: February 02, 2023, 01:23:04 PM »
Statements that start along the lines of: “Now that I’m a parent I understand…”