Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 184850 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2350 on: December 26, 2022, 03:36:26 PM »
Since it's happening right now my goddamn neighbor across the street. He and his family (just 4 people 3 of driving age) own a grand total of 6 vehicles, 3 of which are under some sort of constant state of disrepair, and no garage for a single one of them. Two of them sound like they should have been sent to the junk yard years ago. And he's nursing the one he drives the least back to life, and just that low ass rumble is booming into my living room for the last hour, not minutes, hour.

Dude, give up, it's crap. You already have a fairly nice CUV, get rid of that expedition man. I'd love for you to get rid of that shitty F150 as well but I get having a truck is useful. But the expedition has to go.
I have a neighbor who is a nice guy but when his friends come over, they insist on parking their vehicles across the street from my driveway. Not technically illegal but there are tons of places on the street to park that don't put me at risk of smashing their car when I back out of my driveway.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: December 26, 2022, 04:24:25 PM »
Suburbanites are so weird about where other people are parking
:adios:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: December 26, 2022, 04:44:02 PM »

When I was in college and came home for the summer there was a point where me, my sister and my brother all had cars. 3 garage spots were used but that left 2 cars that had to park on the street. It was just for the summer, and the cars moved every day. And our house was in a cul-de-sac so we weren't directly across from anyone's driveway.
Nevertheless, it was like, a whole thing. We had neighbors leaving anonymous typed letters in our mailbox, and one time a car belonging to someone who lived on the other end of the development parked their car in front of our house bc that definitely helps

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: December 26, 2022, 05:43:57 PM »

When I was in college and came home for the summer there was a point where me, my sister and my brother all had cars. 3 garage spots were used but that left 2 cars that had to park on the street. It was just for the summer, and the cars moved every day. And our house was in a cul-de-sac so we weren't directly across from anyone's driveway.
Nevertheless, it was like, a whole thing. We had neighbors leaving anonymous typed letters in our mailbox, and one time a car belonging to someone who lived on the other end of the development parked their car in front of our house bc that definitely helps

Well La Ti Da, Mr. Cul-de-sac.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: December 26, 2022, 05:55:04 PM »
Since it's happening right now my goddamn neighbor across the street. He and his family (just 4 people 3 of driving age) own a grand total of 6 vehicles, 3 of which are under some sort of constant state of disrepair, and no garage for a single one of them. Two of them sound like they should have been sent to the junk yard years ago. And he's nursing the one he drives the least back to life, and just that low ass rumble is booming into my living room for the last hour, not minutes, hour.

Dude, give up, it's crap. You already have a fairly nice CUV, get rid of that expedition man. I'd love for you to get rid of that shitty F150 as well but I get having a truck is useful. But the expedition has to go.
I have a neighbor who is a nice guy but when his friends come over, they insist on parking their vehicles across the street from my driveway. Not technically illegal but there are tons of places on the street to park that don't put me at risk of smashing their car when I back out of my driveway.

I am just used to immediately having to turn the wheel to avoid the two or three cars that on right behind me for his house when I back up. It's annoying, but not as annoying as how loud and crappy 2/6 cars he has are.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: December 29, 2022, 05:37:33 PM »
People who don't stack and put their xray trays on the cart.  Let's just leave em on the rollers and back everything up

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: December 29, 2022, 08:38:42 PM »

My bedroom is on the far wall of my house and my secondary alarm in the winter is my neighbor warming up his truck for a couple of minutes every morning. ALARM, snooze, big ole truck starting and warming up, well I guess its 7 and I should get out of bed.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: January 13, 2023, 09:33:18 PM »
Have we talked about people who bring "stadium seats" into crowded gyms and park them on the seat directly in front of you, taking up 2/3's of the room that you had for your knees? Stadium seats seem great if space is not at a premium I've had my personal space violated by stadium seat users recently and I'm peeved.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: January 13, 2023, 11:49:52 PM »
Well SsOC, have you considered the possibility that your knees were going past the bench in front of your boundary and because the people in front of you didnt put their butts on the back edge of the bench and probably also leaned forward a little bit?

Seems to this arena-etiquette aficionado you have been living a charmed existence and just got a crash course in reality.

Count your blessings, if - for example - you unwittingly stumble into the demilitarized zone between North Korea and South Korea they will shoot you dead no questions asked

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: January 23, 2023, 02:05:53 PM »
man an awful lot of cringey google/amazon/spotify layoff posts on linkedin this week :peek:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: January 23, 2023, 02:19:34 PM »
Man I tell ya what really pets my peeve…when a box of cereal is opened/stored any way other than how I do it.

what is your approach

Glad you asked, kk.
Let’s start with the opening of the box. Open with care. Tab and slot integrity is paramount.
Next, opening the bag. Really no need to open it more than 1/3 the length. It will pour fine. No Need to pull that bad boy open end to end like some mongo.
 Next, don’t roll the bag closed after. I mean unless you know you aren’t opening it back up for a while but if that’s the case just like, get a new box of cereal.
And finally, closing. Insert tab A into slot B that you took care to preserve when opening the box the first time.
I open the bag 100% or greater. The very practical reason for this is that I will eat 90% of the contents dry with my fist.

know whats easier to get your entire hand into than a cereal box? a bowl. Just pour it into a bowl, you monster.
I got triggered by this again over the weekend. Cereal packaging is so messed up these days. My smallest and I love LIFE cereal. She used a pair of scissors to carefully open the bag because if you try to pull top of the bag to open, it will rip down the side instead of opening nicely, then, there isn't enough of the bag left to roll down to keep the remaining cereal from getting stale. Then, all the cereal settles to the bottom of the bag, causing the stupidly skinny box to deform and bulge so that it is too unbalanced to stand and the flaps won't like up and snap shut like they are supposed to do. I don't know who is responsible for messing up cereal boxes but it infuriates me.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: January 23, 2023, 02:53:53 PM »
Reading this i've got half a mind to just march on down to bed bath and beyond...possibly the container store (if necessary) and just get those tupperware style containers to keep cereal in. I have not looked into these in a long time but last i recall the pour flap thing on the lid was not particularly great. its been several years so who knows, maybe they have innovated and pour flap is better now.

Only other downside is that i'm pretty lazy as is, i'm struggling to see myself committing to taking the extra step to transfer the cereal from the original box to a secondary location but ya know what sometimes you got to be the adult.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: January 23, 2023, 03:07:37 PM »
oh yeah bed bath and beyond also triggered a bunch of layoff posts

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: January 23, 2023, 03:11:31 PM »
I heard the one in MHK is getting whacked   :frown:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: January 23, 2023, 03:29:12 PM »
Reading this i've got half a mind to just march on down to bed bath and beyond...possibly the container store (if necessary) and just get those tupperware style containers to keep cereal in. I have not looked into these in a long time but last i recall the pour flap thing on the lid was not particularly great. its been several years so who knows, maybe they have innovated and pour flap is better now.

Only other downside is that i'm pretty lazy as is, i'm struggling to see myself committing to taking the extra step to transfer the cereal from the original box to a secondary location but ya know what sometimes you got to be the adult.
this is where i'm at. I always felt that cereal should go directly from box to bowl with no intermediary steps. Never fully trusted those bulk bins of cereal that Food Services used at KSU. Seemed that the cereal was needlessly crushed and mangled by the time I would get it.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: January 23, 2023, 04:00:31 PM »
oh yeah bed bath and beyond also triggered a bunch of layoff posts
didn't they just file for bankruptcy?
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: January 23, 2023, 04:05:05 PM »
When a player (usually Nowell) takes a deep three and someone is like "uh does he know they aren't worth 4 when you take them that deep????"

Do you scream in their face when the player makes it?
Reading through this thread and this is very funny. I would count up all of Nowells long bomb makes and add a point for each one made and then tell them the score as if the 4pters were counted.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: January 23, 2023, 09:57:55 PM »
I used to open cereal boxes from the bottom to get the prize.  Maybe this goes in the crimes thread.

Can anyone not finish off a box of cereal in one sitting anymore?  Probably why I am monitoring my blood sugar now.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: January 24, 2023, 12:25:42 AM »
Oh Tom :facepalm: :lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: January 26, 2023, 09:46:09 AM »
I was 20 minutes late to work this morning.
And I had to push my meeting back by 30 minutes.

My son told me that he didn't want me to go to work
and wanted to play instead.

So this morning I took him on a special daddy breakfast.

He told me that Santa likes taking breaks from making toys.

And that Santa sleeps in a house because it's too cold at the North Pole.

He hugged me 6 times.

And looked me in the eyes and said
"I love being your son!"

The old me would have said,
"Sorry I HAVE to go to work."

But the new me says,
"I can be late."

This quote hits hard every time it crosses my mind:

“No other success can compensate for failure in the home.” - David McKay

The truth is, success at home breeds success at work.
We can have both when we put the right one first.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: January 26, 2023, 09:50:17 AM »
Cringey

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: January 26, 2023, 09:50:56 AM »
You really should just delete LinkedIn bud. I don't think it's your jam.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: January 26, 2023, 09:53:27 AM »

He hugged me 6 times.

"I love being your son!"

But the new me says,
"I can be late."

The look of satisfaction on his face when he hit post, in my mind's eye, makes me want to puke.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: January 26, 2023, 09:58:07 AM »

He hugged me 6 times.

"I love being your son!"

But the new me says,
"I can be late."

The look of satisfaction on his face when he hit post, in my mind's eye, makes me want to puke.

his linkedin tagline is "personal trainer for your mind"

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: January 26, 2023, 09:59:15 AM »
Now you’re being creepy and cringe.