Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 179981 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1575 on: February 21, 2021, 04:23:35 PM »
soft tacos at jose peppers?  light lettuce, no tomatoes, sub refried beans for rice
Based on what I know about jose peppers from this post they deserve whatever they get

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: February 21, 2021, 10:49:35 PM »
i always try to add things or get extra somethings. am i a monster or whatever the good version of monster is?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 21, 2021, 11:52:38 PM »
i always try to add things or get extra somethings. am i a monster or whatever the good version of monster is?

For most toppings this is A-OK (extra lettuce on that soft taco, por favor). If you try to pull something like ordering an old fashioned with extra sugar you're kind of a monster.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 22, 2021, 08:20:45 AM »
soft tacos at jose peppers?  light lettuce, no tomatoes, sub refried beans for rice
Based on what I know about jose peppers from this post they deserve whatever they get
Wow, you better hope @DQ12 doesn’t see this post
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 22, 2021, 08:43:27 AM »
If you request "no onions" you are giving the cook extra work to get a worse dish. If you pick out the onions in the restaurant you are insulting the cook. Do it at home or order something different in the restaurant

Also I bet you eat onions all the time and don't realize it

i highly doubt the cook at whatever chinese place lib7 is going to is going to be insulted. point of reference- i worked at a subway in highschool. some toppings such as tomatoes and onions were standard. i was never insulted if someone said "no tomatoes" or "no onions".

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 22, 2021, 08:53:40 AM »

If you request "no onions" you are giving the cook extra work to get a worse dish. If you pick out the onions in the restaurant you are insulting the cook. Do it at home or order something different in the restaurant

i highly doubt the cook at whatever chinese place lib7 is going to is going to be insulted. point of reference- i worked at a subway in highschool. some toppings such as tomatoes and onions were standard. i was never insulted if someone said "no tomatoes" or "no onions".

Toppings are different!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 22, 2021, 09:04:35 AM »
So Hawaiian pizza no pineapple is ok?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 22, 2021, 09:15:29 AM »
So Hawaiian pizza no pineapple is ok?
Why wouldn't you just order a Canadian bacon pizza? But yes it's still different, especially if you are ordering online and there's the option to omit a topping

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: February 22, 2021, 10:28:04 AM »

Toppings are different!

so going through mcdonalds drive through and ordering a plain qp w/ cheese that causes the line to back up for three minutes because onions are standard on a qpc is ok, but asking for no onions in chicken friend rice at a kansas city chinese food place is not? i think your brain is broken.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 22, 2021, 10:37:40 AM »

Toppings are different!

so going through mcdonalds drive through and ordering a plain qp w/ cheese that causes the line to back up for three minutes because onions are standard on a qpc is ok, but asking for no onions in chicken friend rice at a kansas city chinese food place is not? i think your brain is broken.

he's eaten too much san francisco tofu lmao

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pet Peeves
« Reply #1585 on: February 22, 2021, 11:02:43 AM »
I think his rule is really more like, if you risk hurting the feelings of someone who makes over $75k-ish a year, you should just eat the gross things that come in the dish by default.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 22, 2021, 11:05:14 AM »
I put onions and garlic in just about everything I cook.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 22, 2021, 11:06:12 AM »

Toppings are different!

of course it's different! McDonald's is set up to make topping substitutions for qpcs! Here's your options when you order on doordash

the chicken fried rice was probably pre-made in a large batch with chicken added after the fact and even if it was made to order onions are a critical part of the fried rice recipe

order white rice and chicken

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: February 22, 2021, 11:07:26 AM »
I think his rule is really more like, if you risk hurting the feelings of someone who makes over $75k-ish a year, you should just eat the gross things that come in the dish by default.

there is also the aspect of being mindful of extra work you give someone making less

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 22, 2021, 11:13:39 AM »

there is also the aspect of being mindful of extra work you give someone making less
Well you are also against picking the stuff out yourself.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pet Peeves
« Reply #1590 on: February 22, 2021, 11:16:58 AM »

Toppings are different!

of course it's different! McDonald's is set up to make topping substitutions for qpcs! Here's your options when you order on doordash

the chicken fried rice was probably pre-made in a large batch with chicken added after the fact and even if it was made to order onions are a critical part of the fried rice recipe

order white rice and chicken
Also just wanted to point out you are advocating against ordering made to order onionless fried rice because it’s a “critical part of the dish,” while using as a counter example McDonalds’ online system which lets you order a quarter pounder with cheese without 1/4 pound beef and without cheese.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: February 22, 2021, 11:21:51 AM »

Well you are also against picking the stuff out yourself.

well I don't think you should insult people making less than 75k/year either

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: February 22, 2021, 11:22:21 AM »
Also just wanted to point out you are advocating against ordering made to order onionless fried rice because it’s a “critical part of the dish,” while using as a counter example McDonalds’ online system which lets you order a quarter pounder with cheese without 1/4 pound beef and without cheese.

haha very true

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: February 22, 2021, 11:49:43 AM »

haha very true

i bet the chefs at mcdonalds would be pretty offended if anyone ever tried that

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: February 22, 2021, 12:11:32 PM »

haha very true

why would you think a family-run chinese restaurant wouldn't take pride in their work? Or do you think the work done at a Chinese restaurant is the equivalent of a McDonald's assembly line?

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: February 22, 2021, 12:17:38 PM »
How tf do you get salt removed from a qpc? I mean, is there someone with a salt shaker salting these things?
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: February 22, 2021, 01:57:26 PM »

haha very true

why would you think a family-run chinese restaurant wouldn't take pride in their work? Or do you think the work done at a Chinese restaurant is the equivalent of a McDonald's assembly line?

you don't think people at mcdonald's take pride in their work? also, do you really think a family-run chinese restaurant would rather have seven take his business elsewhere as opposed to just making some stupid fried rice without onions for him.  they are onions. it's fried rice. that family is running a business so they can pay a mortgage and car payments. will he get an eye roll? maybe, maybe not. but i guarantee they'd rather make it for him then have him go somewhere else which is what you recommended he do. we aren't talking about the french laundry or gary danko here.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: February 22, 2021, 02:07:07 PM »
where do you draw the line mich on omission or adding? is it just for food or other things as well?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: February 22, 2021, 02:25:03 PM »
where do you draw the line mich on omission or adding? is it just for food or other things as well?

I mean I've said toppings are a pretty good line but what do you have in mind?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: February 22, 2021, 02:32:01 PM »
I can't imagine how embarrassed I'd be telling a waiter to withhold a part of a dish without having a severe allergy.