Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 983255 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #300 on: July 19, 2013, 10:58:56 AM »
awful. oh you don't stop on troost hur hur hur  :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat:

yeah that was one unfortunate (and really shawnee mission east-y) part of the vid

it was a joke

Yes. A bad, racist joke, that's why I hur hur hur'd and  :opcat:'d it.

Go cats tho

you're the person inferring the race issue.  areas of troost are certainly considered high crime, and they certainly carry the stigma.  that's his joke.  why does it need to go further than that?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 19, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
awful. oh you don't stop on troost hur hur hur  :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat:

yeah that was one unfortunate (and really shawnee mission east-y) part of the vid

it was a joke

Go cats tho

you're the person inferring the race issue.  areas of troost are certainly considered high crime, and they certainly carry the stigma.  that's his joke.  why does it need to go further than that?

Come on dude.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 19, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »

it was a joke

Go cats tho

never known clams to pass up a chance to call out a herp derp and possibly racist type joke

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 19, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »
There is plenty of white trash committing crimes in the troost area. White trash is probably the biggest problem in Kansas City.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 19, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »
I took it as making fun of whites afraid of black people along Troost.

Hot button issue!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 19, 2013, 11:51:53 AM »

it was a joke

Go cats tho

never known clams to pass up a chance to call out a herp derp and possibly racist type joke

look here's the deal, you guys can have a pass for being complete racists - i really don't care.  race it up you forking racisms.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 19, 2013, 11:52:36 AM »

Hot button issue!

that's exactly what it was, but some people here can't escape the shadow on their own blatant racism.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 19, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
man....combofanning season really is taking forever this year

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 19, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »
man....combofanning season really is taking forever this year

racist

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 19, 2013, 12:14:06 PM »
Just read through this thread for the first time.  Dallas is just like LA?  What?

I dated a wonderful gal who was a fundraiser for KU and she covered both LA and Dallas (and most other major cities).  She had a different outfit for each.  In Dallas she wore a skirt.  In LA she wore jeans.  She could find her vegetarian food easily in LA, but not in Dallas.

Dallas is vaguely sexist Southern manners and teased blonde hair on girls; LA is self-important, egocentric behavior and flat blonde hair on girls.  LA has an ocean, surfing and the entertainment industry.  Dallas has football fans, BBQ and oil.

Both have lots of fake boobs, lots of highways, and no bookstores.  But I don't think the similarities outweigh the differences...
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »
Just read through this thread for the first time.  Dallas is just like LA?  What?

I dated a wonderful gal who was a fundraiser for KU and she covered both LA and Dallas (and most other major cities).  She had a different outfit for each.  In Dallas she wore a skirt.  In LA she wore jeans.  She could find her vegetarian food easily in LA, but not in Dallas.

Dallas is vaguely sexist Southern manners and teased blonde hair on girls; LA is self-important, egocentric behavior and flat blonde hair on girls.  LA has an ocean, surfing and the entertainment industry.  Dallas has football fans, BBQ and oil.

Both have lots of fake boobs, lots of highways, and no bookstores.  But I don't think the similarities outweigh the differences...

I agree, but the similarities outweigh Dallas' similarities to, say, KC

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 19, 2013, 12:25:40 PM »

Hot button issue!

Yup.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 19, 2013, 12:30:12 PM »

this is the next step people often don't take with comedy. when it's done right, it's really making fun of the person that would actually say that kind of thing in real life.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 19, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »

this is the next step people often don't take with comedy. when it's done right, it's really making fun of the person that would actually say that kind of thing in real life.

Like all in the family  :D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #314 on: July 19, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »

it was a joke

Go cats tho

look here's the deal, you guys can have a pass for being complete racists - i really don't care.  race it up you forking racisms.
Hold on Clams, give him a chance to explain himself.  Maybe there is a specific race that only lives on Troost that only he knows about.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 19, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
KC is not aesthetically pleasing at all.. Great video ugly city

KC has it's ugly spots, but has some really great looking areas that edge it closer to beautiful than ugly. St. Louis, OKC, and Chicago are disgusting. Minneapolis, Dallas, and Indy are boring and plain jane. And let's just say Denver is lucky they have the mountains to save them.

yeah, I mean the plaza is about as nice of an area as you'll find in any major midwestern city.  the buildings, the surroundings, the hills.  tremendous.  downtown is fantastic from 3/4 approaches.  westport/39th/etc are all older but well-maintained areas.  the country club district is probably one of the most beautiful neighborhoods I've seen anywhere, especially fairway, westwood, etc.

never been to chicago, minny or indy, but STL and OKC are both awful.  my fiancee is from DFW and thinks DFW is the greatest place on planet earth, but even she'll admit that KC is much prettier than DFW.  parts of denver are nice, but that drive on I-70 from the east toward the mountains is gross.
emaw

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 19, 2013, 01:13:12 PM »

Troost is a dump tho

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 19, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
w a r d  p a r k w a y

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 19, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »

KC has it's ugly spots, but has some really great looking areas that edge it closer to beautiful than ugly. St. Louis, OKC, and Chicago are disgusting. Minneapolis, Dallas, and Indy are boring and plain jane. And let's just say Denver is lucky they have the mountains to save them.

yeah, I mean the plaza is about as nice of an area as you'll find in any major midwestern city.  the buildings, the surroundings, the hills.  tremendous.  downtown is fantastic from 3/4 approaches.  westport/39th/etc are all older but well-maintained areas.  the country club district is probably one of the most beautiful neighborhoods I've seen anywhere, especially fairway, westwood, etc.

never been to chicago, minny or indy, but STL and OKC are both awful.  my fiancee is from DFW and thinks DFW is the greatest place on planet earth, but even she'll admit that KC is much prettier than DFW.  parts of denver are nice, but that drive on I-70 from the east toward the mountains is gross.
while KC obviously lacks any natural beauty like mountains or a coastline, i find the trees and hills give it more natural beauty than flat and generally dry and treeless towns like OKC and DFW to my hometown biased eye.

STL is very similar but has a more run down feel, prolly due to how much older the Brookside type neighborhoods are.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 19, 2013, 01:40:29 PM »
Fanning's top 10 cities:
1. KC
2. New Orleans
3. NYC
4. Philly
5. Chicago
6. Las Vegas
7. LA
8. Miami
9. Scottsdale
10. Dallas (meh)

I still need to hit up the northwest coast and Boston.

*This list is based off of enjoyment of trips through the years and for anyone who's a KC hater. :thumbs:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 19, 2013, 01:47:42 PM »

while KC obviously lacks any natural beauty like mountains or a coastline, i find the trees and hills give it more natural beauty than flat and generally dry and treeless towns like OKC and DFW to my hometown biased eye.

STL is very similar but has a more run down feel, prolly due to how much older the Brookside type neighborhoods are.

I've seen a few neighborhoods in the deep burbs of STL that have some pretty incred-balls mansions that would shame anything in KC

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 19, 2013, 01:59:30 PM »
Go cats

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire