Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006597 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #6950 on: May 10, 2017, 05:21:57 PM »
Yes, Phil, that was unkind of me. :cheers:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: May 10, 2017, 05:34:58 PM »
Yes, Phil, that was unkind of me. :cheers:

:thumbsup:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: May 10, 2017, 05:56:52 PM »
Greater KC's spread over too far of a geographic area and has too many governments for anything to work well.  It's too late to build meaningful public transportation.  Focus on building a time machine instead.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: May 10, 2017, 06:08:13 PM »
Greater KC's spread over too far of a geographic area and has too many governments for anything to work well.  It's too late to build meaningful public transportation.  Focus on building a time machine instead.

Goal will be as big as the region wants to buy into.  Right now the focus is on the area where their is density and the ability for those less dense areas to connect into with commuter rail as they desire.  That will begin the process of getting density back to the metro where transit can be meaningful again like it was in the 1950s....

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: May 10, 2017, 06:19:12 PM »
Focus on the time machine.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: May 10, 2017, 06:19:51 PM »
Me too bud but I also understand not everybody can or will do that...hence the streetcar and bike share are great alternatives.

so disingenuous. if you gave a crap about people who can't afford their own transportation you wouldn't be Captain Streetcar KC.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: May 10, 2017, 06:36:48 PM »
Phil, the urban real estate development in kc is a joke and it will be probably forever (especially during the meaningful part of your lifetime).

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: May 10, 2017, 06:53:35 PM »
Me too bud but I also understand not everybody can or will do that...hence the streetcar and bike share are great alternatives.

so disingenuous. if you gave a crap about people who can't afford their own transportation you wouldn't be Captain Streetcar KC.

streetcar isn't the only answer obviously Mr. drive or die.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: May 10, 2017, 06:54:50 PM »
Phil, the urban real estate development in kc is a joke and it will be probably forever (especially during the meaningful part of your lifetime).

I'm not in the real estate dev biz.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: May 10, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »

it's not even a legitimate answer and the fact that you can't realize that speaks volumes as to how far up city hall's ass your head is

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6960 on: May 10, 2017, 08:39:24 PM »

Serious question - do you have stats to back that up?  I mean, compared to other mid-tier metros (STL, charlotte, Louisville, Portland. Nashville, etc) how do we compare?  Seems like downtown urban core is building a crap ton of multi-tenant developments right now.

http://www.downtownkc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/DowntownKC-Streetcar-Development-map-Print.pdf

According to this, there are about 22 residential developments (865mil) currently underway downtown. Maybe hayseed, but seems pretty decent.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 08:48:30 PM by Belvis Noland »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: May 10, 2017, 09:13:23 PM »

it's not even a legitimate answer and the fact that you can't realize that speaks volumes as to how far up city hall's ass your head is

I've not once claimed it's the answer for mass transit in KC.  Let's not confuse gE'ing with WC about his "they should just walk" comment as serious policy statements.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: May 10, 2017, 09:40:50 PM »
Oh, I still think a SC "success" only covering 2 miles is laughable. I was just making a few examples. If you're driving up from Olathe to jump on that thing, then you're the joke. Explore downtown a bit. Leave the kids at crown center, take your lush ass up to the river market for a drink and Fresh veggies, come back and drive them home. This is not a game changer no matter what right now.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: May 10, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »
the streetcar is whatever the car's supporters tell you it is.  get on board or get out of the way, kc politics style in the '17.  i'm already crying jordan tears thinking about sly being term limited.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: May 10, 2017, 09:46:42 PM »
Also, if you wanna play the tourist card, it's even more laughable. River market and downtown has a bit of a charm, but Crown Center is for kids. Just doesn't equate.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: May 10, 2017, 09:48:28 PM »
Oh, I still think a SC "success" only covering 2 miles is laughable. I was just making a few examples. If you're driving up from Olathe to jump on that thing, then you're the joke. Explore downtown a bit. Leave the kids at crown center, take your lush ass up to the river market for a drink and Fresh veggies, come back and drive them home. This is not a game changer no matter what right now.

I've stated the streetcar in it's current form is not a success to KC if this is all it ever is.  There is a reason it was labeled a starter line.  I think it's had a great year, has spurred development, and has been a "downtown" gamechanger at the level of the Sprint Center....but it won't be a success as is in my opinion.

In your research with transit system, what would you point to as a successful system we can strive to be?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: May 10, 2017, 09:49:31 PM »
Also, if you wanna play the tourist card, it's even more laughable. River market and downtown has a bit of a charm, but Crown Center is for kids. Just doesn't equate.

You are all over the place bud...not even sure the point you are trying to make or to whom.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: May 10, 2017, 10:00:17 PM »
Brother in law gave me the speech last year that the SC wasn't for us, but for the tourist. I guess that was my last point.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: May 10, 2017, 10:13:29 PM »

Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: May 10, 2017, 10:34:45 PM »
River market to Crown Center is not our main points in this city. How is that so hard to grasp?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: May 10, 2017, 10:35:51 PM »
River market to Crown Center is not our main points in this city. How is that so hard to grasp?

What is?  :bwpopcorn:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: May 10, 2017, 10:43:30 PM »
Not downtown. It just barely got a breath in 2005. "City of fountains", which I grew up with resides around the plaza. Downtown was for the Costinoes and defenbaugh to get rid of dead bodies before

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: May 11, 2017, 01:08:39 AM »
Now you people's politicians are rough ridin' w/my stuff.  Sly James and Barnes w/supporting roles here: http://q13fox.com/2017/05/07/commentary-my-pitch-for-the-keyarena-location-if-i-worked-for-the-port-of-seattle/

During my research tonight, I see that not only did Sly blindly sign off on a letter with the exact same words that OVG wrote for the ex-mayor, he signed off on a letter recommending the competing bid too.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: May 11, 2017, 06:33:23 AM »
Not downtown. It just barely got a breath in 2005. "City of fountains", which I grew up with resides around the plaza. Downtown was for the Costinoes and defenbaugh to get rid of dead bodies before

Trashed

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: May 11, 2017, 06:46:31 AM »

this is not a good idea