Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 982819 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #700 on: April 10, 2014, 11:01:09 PM »
I have never been to strouds, but go chicken go is the ripe tits

It's no babes chicken amirite?!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 10, 2014, 11:06:06 PM »
Strouds is greesy.  But it is walking distance from my house.  But So is ok joes.  I bet my parents will let me walk to either place -> they let me walk to quiktrip like everydays now

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 11, 2014, 02:20:46 AM »
Hey mocat, thanks for appreciating history since these other downgrades ('clams :D) would rather talk about stupid boned food, JFC (jesus rough ridin' christ  :facepalm:)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 11, 2014, 09:09:04 AM »
How was it? What did you order?
Big delay, Puppy is eating into the bbsin time.  Standard fried chicken dinner.  Split it with Lady BR. 
Comes with one breast, one leg, one thigh, and one wing then salad, taters n gravy, cinn rolls, and green beans.  Enough food to fill us both up with ease.  Honestly it is all really good but my favorites are the cinn rolls and the green beans. 
Best way to do it is just call ahead (40 min till its ready!) and get takeout unless you go midweek.  It takes a while for them to cook it  when you eat there and most of the time you are going to have to wait for a table.  Plus its way easier to split a meal and not look like white hogs when you take it home.
Chicken fried steak is probably my favorite thing they make but we compromised for the fried chicken.  Which is still the best i've ever had.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 11, 2014, 09:09:58 AM »
How was it? What did you order?
Big delay, Puppy is eating into the bbsin time.  Standard fried chicken dinner.  Split it with Lady BR. 
Comes with one breast, one leg, one thigh, and one wing then salad, taters n gravy, cinn rolls, and green beans.  Enough food to fill us both up with ease.  Honestly it is all really good but my favorites are the cinn rolls and the green beans. 
Best way to do it is just call ahead (40 min till its ready!) and get takeout unless you go midweek.  It takes a while for them to cook it  when you eat there and most of the time you are going to have to wait for a table.  Plus its way easier to split a meal and not look like white hogs when you take it home.
Chicken fried steak is probably my favorite thing they make but we compromised for the fried chicken.  Which is still the best i've ever had.
And this review is for the northland one(probably closest to you Wacky) never been to the one down south.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 11, 2014, 10:13:33 AM »
Hey mocat, thanks for appreciating history since these other downgrades ('clams :D) would rather talk about stupid boned food, JFC (jesus rough ridin' christ  :facepalm:)

a twofer would be if we could just sit down and look at old timey photos of the original stroud's with the uneven floor and the old piano and all the old timey cars that parked on the dirt parking lot to get some of that pan fried chicken in pre-WWII americana  :love:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 07, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »
i have eaten at Q39 twice already. I had a chipotle sausage + burnt ends sandwich. good grief it's really good. great beer selection as well. they have some tallgrasses on tap.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 07, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »
i have eaten at Q39 twice already. I had a chipotle sausage + burnt ends sandwich. good grief it's really good. great beer selection as well. they have some tallgrasses on tap.

Tried it a few weeks ago. Was very good. Need a second trip to try the sausage. Love the chipotle cilantro sauce.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 07, 2014, 04:36:27 PM »

i got the judge's plate w/ brisket, pulled pork, chicken, fries, and beans.  very good.  jon russell bbq opened up down by d'bronx, very good as well, great ribs, pulled pork, and burnt ends. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 07, 2014, 04:42:58 PM »

i got the judge's plate w/ brisket, pulled pork, chicken, fries, and beans.  very good.  jon russell bbq opened up down by d'bronx, very good as well, great ribs, pulled pork, and burnt ends.

yes i was about to bring that place up too. what a collection of sauces they have at jon russell!  :love:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 07, 2014, 04:49:21 PM »

I heard the judge's plate is both gluten free and award winning.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 07, 2014, 05:48:21 PM »
had i known it was gluten free, i would have never ordered it.#teamgluts

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 07, 2014, 05:54:15 PM »
had i known it was gluten free, i would have never ordered it.#teamgluts

Why does the fact that some people physically can't eat certain foods without risking pain and permanent damage to their digestive tracts cause you to avoid foods that those people can safely eat even if you enjoy those foods? :dunno:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 07, 2014, 06:27:47 PM »
Anybody tried Pezzettino yet in Crossroads?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 07, 2014, 09:50:43 PM »
Has anyone been to RJ's Bob-B-Que in Mission? somewhat close to the new penthouse. Saw it on DDD, am wondering if it is worth the drive or if TTHOTUC and I should just have our chef make something.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 07, 2014, 11:41:45 PM »

Anybody tried Pezzettino yet in Crossroads?
No, but I drive by it every Wednesday and Thursday. :)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 08, 2014, 12:35:40 AM »
Jon Russels corned beef special on Sundays is quite spectacular

At my previous job we bottled their sauce (and did gallon bags for the food service). Fun times

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 08, 2014, 12:52:09 AM »
Has anyone been to RJ's Bob-B-Que in Mission? somewhat close to the new penthouse. Saw it on DDD, am wondering if it is worth the drive or if TTHOTUC and I should just have our chef make something.

yeah, it's not too bad.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 08, 2014, 07:02:57 AM »

I lived within walking distance for a year. Not great, very average BBQ. Decent weekend brunch though.
:adios:

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 08, 2014, 08:02:44 AM »

IMO it's definitely worth a visit. I am a fan of their hot bbq sauce.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: May 08, 2014, 08:26:11 AM »
I like RJ's - Sunday morning breakfast is legit. Good wings too.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 08, 2014, 08:42:23 AM »
I have a personal hate for RJ's. It's not cause it's bad, service or anything else. It's cause my brother who lives in Louisiana will only try places that are on DDD. He doesn't trust any mainstream places like ok joes, gates, jack stack, etc. It annoys me. "Hey, FanMan, I saw the brick on DDD, let's go there, looks cool." Welp, it's another crap hole, what did you expect, dumbass? :curse:

Anyways, it's pretty goos 'meister, give it a world. Also, some cool dive bars in that area.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 08, 2014, 08:44:35 AM »
I have a personal hate for RJ's. It's not cause it's bad, service or anything else. It's cause my brother who lives in Louisiana will only try places that are on DDD. He doesn't trust any mainstream places like ok joes, gates, jack stack, etc. It annoys me. "Hey, FanMan, I saw the brick on DDD, let's go there, looks cool." Welp, it's another crap hole, what did you expect, dumbass? :curse:

Anyways, it's pretty goos 'meister, give it a world. Also, some cool dive bars in that area.

Poor guy doesn't realize Flavortown is just a state of mind  :frown:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 08, 2014, 08:45:36 AM »
I know.  :frown:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 08, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »

:D
I love reading Fanning's posts.