Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 429369 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: If the models are all wrong
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2013, 03:47:10 PM »
And here we go again, more horrendous policy based on flawed global warming theory: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-13/obama-tells-keystone-foes-he-will-unveil-climate-measures.html Gotta cool down those oceans, stat!

Is this where electric rates "necessarily skyrocket"?  That will be great for electric car sales.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2013, 04:07:13 PM »
And here we go again, more horrendous policy based on flawed global warming theory: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-13/obama-tells-keystone-foes-he-will-unveil-climate-measures.html Gotta cool down those oceans, stat!

The surface temperature of the Earth has increased by 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit in just the past 50 years or so.  How much longer should we wait before we start trying to limit our CO2 output?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »

The surface temperature of the Earth has increased by 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit in just the past 50 years or so.  How much longer should we wait before we start trying to limit our CO2 output?

You mean the CO2 output that amounts to a fraction 1% of all "greenhouse gases" in the atmosphere? I dunno, maybe until we actually have a more reliable indication that man made CO2 actually has an effect of any significance on global warming.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
If the models are all wrong
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »

Link?
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »
Ol Bill Happer, Nobel Prize winning scientist guy at Princeton says we're in a CO2 deficit state. 

Warmists are very upset, discrediting campaign is intense.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2013, 05:24:25 PM »
I took the day off Tuesday to go to the beach and the water was rough ridin' cold. The warming isn't hiding there.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2013, 09:13:45 AM »
I think you guys are jumping to the conclusion that a warming Earth is a bad thing. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »
I think you guys are jumping to the conclusion that a warming Earth is a bad thing.

I'm not, but I prefer to focus just on the junk science that is man made global warming theory.

Extreme heat or cold are both bad things for the human species, but humans have generally prospered during relatively warm periods. The cold... not so much.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »

I'm not, but I prefer to focus just on the junk science that is man made global warming theory.

Extreme heat or cold are both bad things for the human species, but humans have generally prospered during relatively warm periods. The cold... not so much.

The world is only 6000 years old though.

This graphic is a hoax.
:dance:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2013, 09:41:12 AM »
As for the oceans, the warm/cooling thing isn't the only issue. 

acidity levels rising. 

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2013, 11:40:38 AM »
acidity levels rising.

maybe we can can make up some of these...

but for fish pee pee  :lol:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2013, 10:23:09 PM »

Is this where electric rates "necessarily skyrocket"?  That will be great for electric car sales.

It's absolutely rough ridin' criminal that thing hasn't been approved yet.  So rough ridin' stupid. The apologists are even out of excuses.

Every day we get reminded how incompetent this sycophant is.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2013, 02:02:52 PM »
So scientists overwhelmingly think there is global warming/climate change and politicians overwhelmingly think the opposite.  Pretty interesting stuff.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/06/26/2202141/the-anti-science-climate-denier-caucus-113th-congress-edition/?mobile=nc

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2013, 02:03:28 PM »
also, it's hotter than eff today.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2013, 02:05:11 PM »
So scientists overwhelmingly think there is global warming/climate change and politicians overwhelmingly think the opposite.  Pretty interesting stuff.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/06/26/2202141/the-anti-science-climate-denier-caucus-113th-congress-edition/?mobile=nc

#teamscience

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2013, 03:00:11 PM »

There are more than just 2 camps, and the term "denier" is extremely derogatory. Takes away from any argument progressives may have.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2013, 03:02:20 PM »

There are more than just 2 camps, and the term "denier" is extremely derogatory. Takes away from any argument progressives may have.

"You don't agree with us 100% and fall in lock step immediately, YOU'RE A DENIER"!!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2013, 05:25:53 PM »
also, it's hotter than eff today.

It's supposed to get over 130 in death valley this weekend, at least you don't live there.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2013, 05:48:06 PM »
Death valley record is 134 about 100 years ago. I'd like to know what they were doing to cause that high temp back then. More people smoking pipes back then? Horse gas?

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2013, 06:11:40 PM »
Death valley record is 134 about 100 years ago. I'd like to know what they were doing to cause that high temp back then. More people smoking pipes back then? Horse gas?

racism

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »

#teamscience

It's cute when libtards cite websites like thinkprogress or mediamatters in support of their opinions.

Like a soviet citing pravda in support of the position the USSR is winning the cold war, or Colin Powell citing his own NYT editorial when stating the NYT agrees with him.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2013, 07:38:14 AM »

most likely a faulty reading. I don't think it's broke > 130 since.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2013, 04:11:10 PM »
Can anyone think of another instance where so many people just ignored the scientific consensus?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2013, 04:15:26 PM »
Can anyone think of another instance where so many people just ignored the scientific consensus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2013, 05:03:15 PM »

"Scientific Consensus" is an oxymoron, kind of like "Smart Beems." I've pointed this out a number of times, but you just can't seem to get it through your thick skull. Consensus means nothing to science - if the hypothesis is wrong, it's wrong, and the prevailing hypotheses (the models) for the sensitivity of global temperature to man made CO2 emissions are wrong.