Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 429310 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #4325 on: February 10, 2020, 01:07:28 PM »
It's all just a hoax by the Chinese
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: February 10, 2020, 01:17:01 PM »
It's all just a hoax by the Chinese

The Niagara Falls of tap outs strikes again.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: February 10, 2020, 10:44:19 PM »
As of 2/6 there's more ice extent and ice area in Antarctica than in the previous 4 years on 2/6 and the trend line is running about right in the middle of the last 10 recorded years.

But hey, the records are only about 10 years old and there's more people doing more recording in Antarctica with more technology in play than ever before in history.

If you think sea ice extent is the important factor that disproves global warming here, you are sorely mistaken.

If you think that pointing to temp readings on a single day are proof of global warming than you are sorely mistaken.

I wasn't pointing to single-day temp readings. But you did point to expanding sea ice as an argument against global warming. Only difference between me and you is I actually know the science behind why that's happening.

:lol: :lol: then why do your alarmist idiot friends constantly talk about sea ice, sea ice extent, sea ice density and then try to scare the crap out of everybody while spending copious amounts of cash monitoring all of that stuff?

The science behind what's happening?  That's there's ice at the poles??

The science behind the apparent paradox that sea ice coverage around antarctica is actually increasing despite the fact that the southern ocean is actually warming faster (0.17 degrees/decade) than the average for all the oceans (0.1 degree/decade). Ozone depletion above the antarctic is leading to a cooling of the stratosphere, which leads to an increase in the strength of antarctic cyclones and the more drastic disruption of sea ice. This increased disruption leads to the increased formation of polynyas, which in turn increases the rate of ice formation. Also, increased precipitation (due to warmer air) keeps low salinity water at the surface (which is cold) from mixing, with the deeper, saltier water (which is warmer), so less warm water is getting pulled up to the surface and therefore less sea ice melts as a result.

Fantastic, but sea ice extent in the Antarctic as of right now is still running  at the lower portion of the range since accurate recording began.   In fact, as of right now, it's running at about a half million square kilometers below the peaks of this time year of the range as recorded over the last 10 to 20 years or so, albeit as of right now there is more ice in the Antarctic than there as been at this same time in the previous 4 years.   

lol wut

uhh...so as you can see, we are definitely at the peak of this nadir and, uh...we are decelerating more quickly even though our inertia, uh, seems to be holding us back from continuing on, and, ummm, uhhhhh

Tapout noted.   You know exactly what I said, you just don't like the fact that I bothered to look at the actual data.

making fun of your word salad is not the same as tapping out. your argument still isn't valid - sea ice doesn't correlate to warming for precisely the reasons i explained. find yourself a new argument.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: February 11, 2020, 12:17:30 AM »
As of 2/6 there's more ice extent and ice area in Antarctica than in the previous 4 years on 2/6 and the trend line is running about right in the middle of the last 10 recorded years.

But hey, the records are only about 10 years old and there's more people doing more recording in Antarctica with more technology in play than ever before in history.

If you think sea ice extent is the important factor that disproves global warming here, you are sorely mistaken.

If you think that pointing to temp readings on a single day are proof of global warming than you are sorely mistaken.

I wasn't pointing to single-day temp readings. But you did point to expanding sea ice as an argument against global warming. Only difference between me and you is I actually know the science behind why that's happening.

:lol: :lol: then why do your alarmist idiot friends constantly talk about sea ice, sea ice extent, sea ice density and then try to scare the crap out of everybody while spending copious amounts of cash monitoring all of that stuff?

The science behind the apparent paradox that sea ice coverage around antarctica is actually increasing despite the fact that the southern ocean is actually warming faster (0.17 degrees/decade) than the average for all the oceans (0.1 degree/decade). Ozone depletion above the antarctic is leading to a cooling of the stratosphere, which leads to an increase in the strength of antarctic cyclones and the more drastic disruption of sea ice. This increased disruption leads to the increased formation of polynyas, which in turn increases the rate of ice formation. Also, increased precipitation (due to warmer air) keeps low salinity water at the surface (which is cold) from mixing, with the deeper, saltier water (which is warmer), so less warm water is getting pulled up to the surface and therefore less sea ice melts as a result.

Fantastic, but sea ice extent in the Antarctic as of right now is still running  at the lower portion of the range since accurate recording began.   In fact, as of right now, it's running at about a half million square kilometers below the peaks of this time year of the range as recorded over the last 10 to 20 years or so, albeit as of right now there is more ice in the Antarctic than there as been at this same time in the previous 4 years.   

lol wut

uhh...so as you can see, we are definitely at the peak of this nadir and, uh...we are decelerating more quickly even though our inertia, uh, seems to be holding us back from continuing on, and, ummm, uhhhhh

Tapout noted.   You know exactly what I said, you just don't like the fact that I bothered to look at the actual data.

making fun of your word salad is not the same as tapping out. your argument still isn't valid - sea ice doesn't correlate to warming for precisely the reasons i explained. find yourself a new argument.

First, you need to get a whole bunch of people in the “scientific” community roped in.   Second, exactly.  I’m glad we can agree.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: February 11, 2020, 01:08:51 AM »

lol wut

First, you need to get a whole bunch of people in the “scientific” community roped in.   Second, exactly.  I’m glad we can agree.

I'm also glad we both agree that the Southern Ocean is experiencing the effects of a global warming trend.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: February 11, 2020, 09:58:25 AM »
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/06/29/frances-new-hottest-recorded-temperature-ever-is-in-question-guess-where-it-was-measured/

:Ugh:

Look, warmest alarmest at "skeptical science" are in the middle of a silencing campaign, so you better go over there and get signed up.   

Because nothing says science like silencing scientists.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: February 13, 2020, 09:32:34 PM »
Da Big Parrot Boy strikes again

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4335 on: February 13, 2020, 09:36:50 PM »
The Guardian is the favorite climate alarmist parrot boy publication  :lol:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: February 13, 2020, 09:42:16 PM »
Tap out accepted.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: February 13, 2020, 09:50:39 PM »
Oh Da Big Parrot Boy  :facepalm:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: February 17, 2020, 03:56:27 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: February 17, 2020, 03:57:05 PM »
Owning the environment/libs >

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: February 17, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »
Total roman war helmet performed on the environment by trump  :Woot:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: February 17, 2020, 04:03:29 PM »
LOL, and then the rest of the story:   "the emission standards and other requirements of the MATS rule would remain in place as EPA is not proposing to remove coal- and oil-fired power plants from the list of sources that are regulated under (the Clean Air Act)."

Time to convene a bunch of people on NPR from non-profit "think tanks" to hash this out.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: February 22, 2020, 04:01:07 PM »
So which is it now?  More snow or less snow?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: April 30, 2020, 04:16:15 PM »
the collapse in oil services makes it super cheap to develop geothermal assets now (drill rigs can do either), if we wanted to spend some stimulus money.

https://twitter.com/TimMLatimer/status/1255846809919983617
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: May 05, 2020, 12:21:11 AM »
we may be getting close to done with new build fossil fuel power plants.

https://twitter.com/joesmyth/status/1257498358261809153
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: May 05, 2020, 12:41:07 AM »
While Sys whackadoo dreams of still extremely unreliable “green energy”.    That’s shown time and time again that it’s unable to meet the mandate of cheap reliable energy (which is why Angie Merkel needs not one but now two Vlad Putin gas pipelines).   

Energy poverty spreads like a scourge across the land.

https://www.axios.com/jackson-natural-gas-3e1af88d-a823-4096-975d-c9b0ad207806.html

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: May 05, 2020, 08:39:12 AM »
I hate to do this to you dax because I know how hard you cape for the right, but you may want to look into what's going on with Trump and clean/renewable energy.

You do know that DJT's uncle ended up with all of Tesla's work, notes, etc., correct? 

bears are fast...