Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 438001 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #3050 on: June 02, 2017, 09:48:31 AM »
Sort of a weird angle here guys.  Some of the countries with the lowest population densities are also the most expensive.  Whatever who cares not relevant.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #3051 on: June 02, 2017, 09:50:02 AM »
Sorry you've never travelled to or lived in Europe or worked extensively with Europeans bucket.  :(

I'm sorry that you don't understand why the price of living in Europe is higher than Kansas.

Feel free to 'splain it for me.  Anyway I'm less focused on the why, what's important is the what.  We consume more than them, and it is ingrained in our culture.

Well, for one, tons more people would rather live in Europe than in Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fine.  But nowhere did I mention Kansas.  This is a US vs Western Europe comparo.

That's fair. I believe that what you and KSUW described applies to a lot of Americans living in the city. In other words, living in cramped apartments and taking public transportation where it's available. Europe no doubt takes it a step further with social programs, free education, etc.

I guess the issue I took with your original post is acting like it's only Europeans who have these cramped living arrangements.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3052 on: June 02, 2017, 12:37:17 PM »
Just from the last couple pages....

Everything you said is stupid.  Shut up.

ksu and his merry band of dumbasses are worth responding to anymore

Of course, you're too goddamn obtuse to have a discussion with, so there's little point.

Fsd and ksuw are just miserable pieces of crap that contribute nothing to this world. When other people do proactive conscious things they laugh and mock because they want people to be as miserable as them. It's pretty simple. Luckily their kind is a dying breed. The younger generations contain less of their types.

You are one shitty little person.

KSUW and his wife scream at each other nightly over their overdrawn bank account while kids cry in the background.

Liberals are so mentally flaccid, their arguments so bankrupt, their hypocrisy so naked, that all they can muster is name calling in response. Sad.

As predictable as the response to the branch dividian who questioned whether david caresh was a profit of god. You're messing with their religion, and they're dogmatic in their orthodoxy.

They are so pathetic.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: June 02, 2017, 12:43:53 PM »
Those people would be loving the crap out of trump
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: June 02, 2017, 01:10:55 PM »
Is it as creepy as it sounds having a grown male soldier from Italy living with you?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3055 on: June 02, 2017, 01:29:38 PM »
I'm not going to justify all of the things I do. There's more.

Of course, you're too goddamn obtuse to have a discussion with, so there's little point.

I didn't ask you to justify anything. You're the one who brought these things up as if you're Mother effing Teresa. Owning a high efficiency AC and appliances is your contribution?! Do you realize (you don't) that if everyone on earth owned such things CO2 emissions would skyrocket? The only thing you're "contributing" is far more carbon than the average human being. That, and huge gobs of hypocrisy.

You are melting down over the US withdrawing from a non-binding agreement you have not even read while enjoying your carbon spewing AC, fridge, and internet most of the world will never experience.

The best part of your ignorant, whiny, sniveling, delusional, hypocritical, and pretentious rant is that, just like all the liberals in meltdown, you have no recognition of how ignorant, whiny, sniveling, delusional, hypocritical, and pretentious you are. It is hilarious!

I love how if you don't live in a mud hut, you're a hypocrite.  To assume that life is so binary that if you aren't living on the extreme fringe that you don't have a dog in the fight.

Do I make the vast majority of my purchasing decisions on energy efficiency where applicable?  Yes.  Do I use more carbon than your average European?  Yes.  Do I live in the most powerful country in the world that could do something relevant about Climate Change?  Yes.

Once I can legitimately replace my roof tiles with ones from Solar City that power my Tesla Power Wall, I will.  Once Tesla, or other automotive providers, create diverse, cost effective transportation powered solely by batteries, I'll buy them.  There?  Does that make you happy?  I'm sorry that I don't have an option to buy an electric van.  That's a Detroit problem, not a me problem.

Maybe I want to live in a country where we continue to use the EPA to push American innovation in the automotive industry for better gas mileage, less emissions, and more options for consumers to buy environmentally friendly vehicles.

Maybe I want to live in a country where we make it a priority to use subsidies and tax breaks to help make living environmentally friendly much more palatable.  More tax breaks for solar and wind.  More subsidies for efficient products.

But here is the damn fallacy that makes me so angry at the Republican party and their supporters; why try and stifle what would be great for America, American industry, and the world in the long run?  Other than the obvious truth that the vast majority of Republicans are on the fossil fuel lobby payroll, but beyond them being sniveling, morally bankrupt cowards, why are they against pumping some life into an industry that is set to outpace fossil fuel job creation by vast margins in the next decade?  To prevent a guy working at an industry on the tail end of the product life cycle from losing his job?  He'll get another job if he takes advantage of job training that the government "could" ultimately help provide and subsidize.

This is just one issue that is so damn cut and dry that it's hard to imagine anyone being against it.  Unless the limit of someone's vision is five feet in front of their face, that is.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: June 02, 2017, 02:03:25 PM »
This might be the most libtarded thing ever posted:

"use the epa to push american innovation"

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: June 02, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »
Also, what an AMAZE pretense for the argument against the "stifling" of industry.

JFC, he's an unwitting parody of a libtard, a goddamn satirical cartoon, a meme.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: June 02, 2017, 02:19:06 PM »
Panj it'd be easier to move to the country you want to live in than to change the one you're living in now.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: June 02, 2017, 02:37:42 PM »
Is it as creepy as it sounds having a grown male soldier from Italy living with you?

They don't live with the host. You have them over for dinner occasionally, take them to events like baseball games and stuff, it's fun.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: June 02, 2017, 02:43:29 PM »
That does sound fun.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: June 02, 2017, 03:46:19 PM »
Develop all forms of  energy and let the market sort things out.  This crap about making the world great again is a horse turd sandwich.  Why the hell does America  have an obligation to share most of the burden saving the planet.  I don't  see any rich warmalist giving their riches to peons who want solar power for their mud huts.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: June 02, 2017, 04:09:42 PM »
guys, be nicer

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: June 02, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »

They don't live with the host. You have them over for dinner occasionally, take them to events like baseball games and stuff, it's fun.

Good, that sounded crazy weird like they were a foreign exchange student

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: June 02, 2017, 05:16:36 PM »
Panj it'd be easier to move to the country you want to live in than to change the one you're living in now.

Go where the sinners are.

Seems like this is ground zero.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: June 02, 2017, 06:12:09 PM »
What do you think is going to happen in 50 years to the earth at current trajectory panj?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: June 02, 2017, 06:20:49 PM »
emo of all people should appreciate someone challenging themself

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: June 02, 2017, 07:16:42 PM »
Flesmeth gnignellahc enoemos etaicerppa dluohs elpoep lla fo ome

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: June 02, 2017, 07:24:52 PM »
What do you think is going to happen in 50 years to the earth at current trajectory panj?

Well, they're finding that things are progressing, negatively, faster than they thought.

So, I have no idea. Nothing good if we maintain the status quo.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: June 02, 2017, 09:04:51 PM »

He doesnt seem to be handling it very well.  Puni didn't either. 

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: June 02, 2017, 10:31:10 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-evangelical-green-groups-pan-trumps-climate-accord-exit/ar-BBBQ9AG
There is  nothing in the Bible about protecting the environment from climate change.  People are trying to  infuse pantheism into Christianity.  When Christ returns he will destroy this earth.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:41:08 PM by renocat »

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: June 02, 2017, 11:44:12 PM »

And why should I handle it well?  I've outlined why one shouldn't.

To even remotely defend this is beyond reproach.  It's not even worth debate. 

The Big Train

« Reply #3072 on: June 03, 2017, 12:26:06 AM »
I'm 93 posts behind, but skimming them makes it even more believable that the Dax/FSD/KSUW of the world  don't care about anything related to the environment.

The global grasp is so lacking.  They lack the understanding that simple change can have a global impact. They think only a single person is trying to change, which by themselves won't do crap. 

They ignore the massive marches because hurting feels is such a burden.  Instead of looking at improving worldwide emissions they look at what they "could" have done.  Being respectable was gone long ago, but even worth reading their posts has passed
It's bearable mark.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: June 03, 2017, 07:11:13 AM »

Then you're just as boneheaded as the people you're lashing out at.  Sad.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: June 03, 2017, 08:06:40 AM »

Then you're just as boneheaded as the people you're lashing out at.  Sad.

There. Is. No. Debate. The science is settled.

You want to talk solutions and ideas on how to bring renewable energy to the market through public and/or private means? Fine. Let's do that.

But there is no debate on whether climate change is happening. There is no debate on whether or not humans are causing it.  There is a little wiggle on impacts, but that's like debating if you want your whole house to burn down vs. your garage.

There is no point to having meaningful discussions with most conservatives on this issue because you want to take the debate to some weird ass fringe where we may as well debate whether or not the sky is green.

That's what's sad. We need to have a debate on how to combat climate change. Not whether or not it exists or if we should just ignore it. The reason the entire world is pissed is because we have the greatest ability to impact change, and 40% of our country has been brainwashed to believe there's no there, there.

So, you want a debate? Fine. Let's talk solutions. But say the science isn't settled, and you can go sit in the corner with the people who think Obama is listening to people through their microwaves.