Author Topic: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread  (Read 437155 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: The Scott Pruitt "If the models are all wrong" thread
« Reply #3025 on: June 02, 2017, 07:28:55 AM »
I'm not going to justify all of the things I do. There's more.

Of course, you're too goddamn obtuse to have a discussion with, so there's little point.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: June 02, 2017, 07:58:41 AM »

Of course, you're too goddamn obtuse to have a discussion with, so there's little point.

I didn't ask you to justify anything. You're the one who brought these things up as if you're Mother effing Teresa. Owning a high efficiency AC and appliances is your contribution?! Do you realize (you don't) that if everyone on earth owned such things CO2 emissions would skyrocket? The only thing you're "contributing" is far more carbon than the average human being. That, and huge gobs of hypocrisy.

You are melting down over the US withdrawing from a non-binding agreement you have not even read while enjoying your carbon spewing AC, fridge, and internet most of the world will never experience.

The best part of your ignorant, whiny, sniveling, delusional, hypocritical, and pretentious rant is that, just like all the liberals in meltdown, you have no recognition of how ignorant, whiny, sniveling, delusional, hypocritical, and pretentious you are. It is hilarious!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: June 02, 2017, 07:58:49 AM »
Fsd and ksuw are just miserable pieces of crap that contribute nothing to this world. When other people do proactive conscious things they laugh and mock because they want people to be as miserable as them. It's pretty simple. Luckily their kind is a dying breed. The younger generations contain less of their types.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: June 02, 2017, 08:07:39 AM »
That was the first multi paragraph Pan post that I have ever read and now I wish I had read more of his novels in the past.  :clap:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: June 02, 2017, 08:08:10 AM »
Panj you would do much more good by killing yourself.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: June 02, 2017, 08:09:06 AM »

I didn't ask you to justify anything. You're the one who brought these things up as if you're Mother effing Teresa. Owning a high efficiency AC and appliances is your contribution?! Do you realize (you don't) that if everyone on earth owned such things CO2 emissions would skyrocket? The only thing you're "contributing" is far more carbon than the average human being. That, and huge gobs of hypocrisy.

You are melting down over the US withdrawing from a non-binding agreement you have not even read while enjoying your carbon spewing AC, fridge, and internet most of the world will never experience.

The best part of your ignorant, whiny, sniveling, delusional, hypocritical, and pretentious rant is that, just like all the liberals in meltdown, you have no recognition of how ignorant, whiny, sniveling, delusional, hypocritical, and pretentious you are. It is hilarious!
You are one shitty little person.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: June 02, 2017, 08:14:08 AM »
i bet panj didn't even walk that post to the internet office.  probably used a computer or something :curse:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: June 02, 2017, 08:18:16 AM »
I think we should just build more nuclear plants so we wouldn't need to buy high efficiency appliances.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: June 02, 2017, 08:19:10 AM »
Here's the thing:  we have created and live in a consumer driven economy.  We value consumption.  And (probably) this consumption is bad for Mother Earth.  Europe has really put a damper on consumption via taxes and regulation.  People have small homes and old small shitty cars because they don't get to keep much of their wages (taxes) and then everything else is expensive so their money doesn't go as far as here.  This way of living flies in the face of our culture, our dreams, our beliefs.  That's just how it is, right wrong better or worse. 

One thing I'd like to really understand is if we are any happier than them.  I don't think anyone can make an argument that we absolutely are.  It's either no or too gray to measure. 

Anyway, none of us has any room to puff our chests unless you're literally burning any income that is in excess of your bare minimum to live comfortably.  You make money, you spend it, and that is consumption, EnergyStar or not. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: June 02, 2017, 08:21:25 AM »
Ksuw seems like the type of person that keeps the thermostat at 82 during the summer and his family hates him for it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: June 02, 2017, 08:30:34 AM »
KSUW and his wife scream at each other nightly over their overdrawn bank account while kids cry in the background.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: June 02, 2017, 08:33:04 AM »
FSD falls asleep every night in an old, dirty recliner in front of the TV while drinking a 12 pack of Milwaukee's Best.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: June 02, 2017, 08:38:23 AM »
Here's the thing:  we have created and live in a consumer driven economy.  We value consumption.  And (probably) this consumption is bad for Mother Earth.  Europe has really put a damper on consumption via taxes and regulation.  People have small homes and old small shitty cars because they don't get to keep much of their wages (taxes) and then everything else is expensive so their money doesn't go as far as here.  This way of living flies in the face of our culture, our dreams, our beliefs.  That's just how it is, right wrong better or worse. 

One thing I'd like to really understand is if we are any happier than them.  I don't think anyone can make an argument that we absolutely are.  It's either no or too gray to measure. 

Anyway, none of us has any room to puff our chests unless you're literally burning any income that is in excess of your bare minimum to live comfortably.  You make money, you spend it, and that is consumption, EnergyStar or not.

I don't think this is right.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: June 02, 2017, 08:40:54 AM »
Sorry you've never travelled to or lived in Europe or worked extensively with Europeans bucket.  :(

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: June 02, 2017, 08:43:21 AM »
Just from the last couple pages....

Everything you said is stupid.  Shut up.

ksu and his merry band of dumbasses are worth responding to anymore

Fsd and ksuw are just miserable pieces of crap that contribute nothing to this world. When other people do proactive conscious things they laugh and mock because they want people to be as miserable as them. It's pretty simple. Luckily their kind is a dying breed. The younger generations contain less of their types.

KSUW and his wife scream at each other nightly over their overdrawn bank account while kids cry in the background.

Liberals are so mentally flaccid, their arguments so bankrupt, their hypocrisy so naked, that all they can muster is name calling in response. Sad.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: June 02, 2017, 08:52:19 AM »
Just from the last couple pages....

Everything you said is stupid.  Shut up.

ksu and his merry band of dumbasses are worth responding to anymore

Liberals are so mentally flaccid, their arguments so bankrupt, their hypocrisy so naked, that all they can muster is name calling in response. Sad.

Missed one:

Ksuw seems like the type of person that keeps the thermostat at 82 during the summer and his family hates him for it

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: June 02, 2017, 08:53:20 AM »
Sorry you've never travelled to or lived in Europe or worked extensively with Europeans bucket.  :(

I'm sorry that you don't understand why the price of living in Europe is higher than Kansas.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: June 02, 2017, 08:54:18 AM »
I will say that I always feel warm or hot when I am at my French friend's apartment and in her car. I asked her what the deal was, she said they didn't have AC growing up.

I am definitely made softer by growing up with A.C.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: June 02, 2017, 08:55:58 AM »
Missed one:

Nah, I don't take Lib7 seriously because he's usually just trying to make a joke and it's usually pretty funny.

(Oh and i keep the thermostat at 70 during the summer because that's what my wife prefers, though I'd be more around 72 personally. And we definitely didn't waste money on a high efficiency AC because the break even point was something like 12 years).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:01:14 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: June 02, 2017, 09:03:29 AM »

I'm sorry that you don't understand why the price of living in Europe is higher than Kansas.

Feel free to 'splain it for me.  Anyway I'm less focused on the why, what's important is the what.  We consume more than them, and it is ingrained in our culture.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: June 02, 2017, 09:22:29 AM »

Feel free to 'splain it for me.  Anyway I'm less focused on the why, what's important is the what.  We consume more than them, and it is ingrained in our culture.

Well, for one, tons more people would rather live in Europe than in Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: June 02, 2017, 09:26:14 AM »
A few thousand years of culture might be a cause of living smaller too, but it's probably just taxes
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: June 02, 2017, 09:38:06 AM »

That is a foolish comparison. People would no doubt prefer to live like a rich person in Europe, like what they experience on vacation. So would I. The clifftop villa I stayed at in Ravello was gorgeous. That's not how ordinary Europeans live. They live in cramped apartments and take the train, bike or scooter unless they're affluent enough to own a shitbox car.

I can tell you of all the allied officers my family hosts, every single one of them is thrilled to be visiting Leavenworth, Kansas for a year and every one of them tries to extend their stay to a second year if their military will allow it. These people hail from all the enlightened European cities like Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Rome. They love Kansas. First thing they do is buy a big old minivan for the family if they have kids (most do). They marvel at things like mowing the yard and owning a "massive" 4-bedroom home. They all buy smokers and ship them home when they leave. It's actually pretty cute.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:43:41 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: June 02, 2017, 09:42:51 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fine.  But nowhere did I mention Kansas.  This is a US vs Western Europe comparo. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: June 02, 2017, 09:44:39 AM »
Supply and demand? Ha! That's preposterous!